It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH: Ted Cruz tells Iowa group that gays are waging ‘jihad’ against Christians

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

Why the hell aren't there swarms of LGBT bakeries opening up en masse?

Because the bigoted homosexualists are not interested in cakes or weddings or flowers.

But you knew that.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: mahatche

So because they didn't succeed and shutting some of them down, then that's acceptable?

That's your barometer on if it's okay or not?

I really have to start wondering what the hell people like yours thinking processes must be like

Yes, it is acceptable to stop supporting a business that says it doesn't want your business.

My thought process is called the free market. Letting self determination win is a vital part. If you don't support the people's right to not support something, you don't believe in the free market. A loss of support is the correcting mechanism.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

Why the hell aren't there swarms of LGBT bakeries opening up en masse?

Because the bigoted homosexualists are not interested in cakes or weddings or flowers.

But you knew that.

Ya they want Pizza's at their weddings..

----While Cruz worded it funny. It's also true.

LGBT people pick on Christians because they are passive.. I don't see them getting all in the Muslim Religions business.. What about other countries where gays are put to death etc.. Where's the outcry there ? All the LGBT people are just fine with companies like Apple doing business in Countries that kill their kind... Where's the boycotts and protests ?? But yet they will destroy a privately owned business who is barely making it.. or a Chic Fil' A..

Hypocrites and Bullies is all I see.

4% of the population.They get away with too much.
edit on 12-4-2015 by WhereAreTheGoodguys because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

Rhetorical questions have their place, n'est ce-pas?

It's just a shame so few are willing to take a break from fighting and finger pointing to notice the Bull in the China Shop.

Then again, point the beast out to them and they'll inevitably start fighting over it's religious and/or sexual preference.

Woe unto the rational lot, for they are adrift in a sea of self-righteous hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche

a reply to: mahatche

So because they didn't succeed and shutting some of them down, then that's acceptable?

That's your barometer on if it's okay or not?

I really have to start wondering what the hell people like yours thinking processes must be like

Yes, it is acceptable to stop supporting a business that says it doesn't want your business.

My thought process is called the free market. Letting self determination win is a vital part. If you don't support the people's right to not support something, you don't believe in the free market. A loss of support is the correcting mechanism.

Free market?

So actively trying to destroy shop owners w lawsuits and slander and threats to their businesses and person are free market practices?

Please sell that somewhere else

If they were interested in the free market handling it

1. They would just chalk it up to ignorance and go to another shop

2. They wouldn't be actively trying to destroy them

3. They would let the competition handle it because their businesses would get the traffic that the store who wouldn't make a cake for gays was turning away

Sell that somewhere else what they are doing isn't free market anything. It's intolerance on their part and targeting individuals to push their agenda

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
*snip*

And let's be honest, the gay community only reacts this way when the Christian community does something really stupid, like the Indiana law.
*snip*
~Tenth

Actually, the Indiana law was created in response to the actions of homosexual activists targeting Christian businesses and individuals, and anyone who dared to say they don't approve. These activists are among the most intolerant people around. They don't want equality; they want to force everyone to agree with them. Any dissent, you get slapped with a lawsuit, run out of your job, and so forth.

What Cruz said is one way of looking at the situation. One will either agree with him or not, based on their opinions on the subject itself.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Why does it seem that far-right Republicans want to be labeled "domestic terrorists"? They just keep getting crazier and more radical each and every day.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Why does it seem that far-right Republicans want to be labeled "domestic terrorists"? They just keep getting crazier and more radical each and every day.

Huh? How does this equate to "far right republicans" wanting to be labeled domestic terrorist?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Huh? How does this equate to "far right republicans" wanting to be labeled domestic terrorist?

Exactly what I was thinking. Just goes to show how fast these people can go from zero to crazy..

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
*snip*

And let's be honest, the gay community only reacts this way when the Christian community does something really stupid, like the Indiana law.
*snip*
~Tenth

Actually, the Indiana law was created in response to the actions of homosexual activists targeting Christian businesses and individuals, and anyone who dared to say they don't approve. These activists are among the most intolerant people around. They don't want equality; they want to force

Actually, these recent SNEAKY LAWS are all being filed now so they'll be in place before the USSC rules on Marriage Equality.

WATCH: A Field Guide for Identifying Sneaky, Homophobic Laws Nice civil rights you've got there. Sure would be a shame if something happened to them. BY MATT BAUMEMARCH 06 2015

While LGBT Americans are busy celebrating the spread of marriage equality, homophobic lawmakers have yet another trick up their sleeve. A new trend hitting legislatures across the country: sneaky laws that erode civil rights for LGBT citzens without ever actually mentioning LGBT people, or even same-sex marriage. It's a clever strategic move, since it would be unconstitutional to call out gays and lesbians specifically in a law that revokes civil rights. So anti-equality politicians have figured out how to cleverly word new laws that still manage to target sexual orientation for discrimination. Some of these proposed new laws — like the one recently enacted in Arkansas — would make it against the law for towns to add new groups to nondiscrimination policies. Others follow Mississippi's lead, and would allow businesses and government employees to pick and choose which members of the public they'd serve. And some — like a bill passed last month in the North Carolina Senate — would even require public employees to discriminate against same-sex couples. What's so sneaky about these laws is that they look perfectly reasonable, since they never actually mention who the target is — instead, they claim to protect "religious liberty" or "sincerely held religious beliefs."

www.advocate.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Isn't TED CRUZ the guy who said that he uses the Bible to stimulate masturbation, or something like that? Is this thread 9 pages deep because he's viewed as a serious candidate who could win the Presidency?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Free market?

So actively trying to destroy shop owners w lawsuits and slander and threats to their businesses and person are free market practices?

Please sell that somewhere else

If they were interested in the free market handling it

1. They would just chalk it up to ignorance and go to another shop

2. They wouldn't be actively trying to destroy them

3. They would let the competition handle it because their businesses would get the traffic that the store who wouldn't make a cake for gays was turning away

Sell that somewhere else what they are doing isn't free market anything. It's intolerance on their part and targeting individuals to push their agenda

I don't care for lawsuits, but informing people on the need to not do business with someone who openly opposes you is fine. They publicly declared themselves your opposition. They joined in on the politics. They chose to take a stand. Good for them. It's their right to do so, but if they lose business for it, that's also fine by me.

If a business can't survive in a climate of informed people, making informed decisions on who they support, it's not my problem. It's the same reason i favor labeling GMOs. If what you label the food causes sales to drop, oh well, i guess people don't want to do business with you. There are other seed companies who will do fine.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Je ne sais pas qu'est ce que vous demande ici.

The bull in the china shop has been obvious for some time now.

He could care less what havoc he wrecks so long as he gets the acceptance he demands.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Just reading this thread makes me wish i could pierce through the dome and escape this insane rock floating in the middle of absolute nothingness. The drama and insanity of divide and conquer will never end here until everything here ends.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

But.. why shouldn't people have the right to flaunt their like for cake, cookies and other delights, sexual desires, painting rainbow crosswalks nationwide to remind people of their inclusiveness, and even have parades celebrating their same sex attractions? I thought the whole homosexual thing was about celebrating their physical desires and the right for everyone to stand up and notice that as being a special thing, am i wrong? The 70's worked fine, what's wrong with 2015 what happened to undo it all. People got on just fine 2 decades ago but now? not so much.

In other words, why has it become such a gigantic issue now? What's the adjenda, divide and conquer. But why? why the push?
edit on 4/13/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

When they stop making cakes for divorced people getting remarried, then this "religious stand" tripe will make sense.

Aaah possibly one of the best statements in this thread.

As others have stated many times, why serve other kinds of weddings that obviously the Bible and/or beliefs disagree with and not gay weddings? The answer is so obvious. They single out the gay people because of the ickness factor and not belief.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

When they stop making cakes for divorced people getting remarried, then this "religious stand" tripe will make sense.

As others have stated many times, why serve other kinds of weddings that obviously the Bible and/or beliefs disagree with and not gay weddings? The answer is so obvious. They single out the gay people because of the ickness factor and not belief.

When they look at straight people, is their first thought what position they use to have sex?

Or do they see a father, mother, business man, someone in love?

They might wanna check that.
edit on 13-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Well, I maintain it's pretty unseeming for folks to have to have such an interest in what other folks are doing with their naughty bits. I see imaginations in overdrive...and you don't fuel that with an ick factor, if you catch my drift...

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhereAreTheGoodguys

Hypocrites and Bullies is all I see.

4% of the population.They get away with too much.

Nope - 1.6% of the population.

They want you to believe they are 25%.

They are 1.6% of the population, mostly concentrated in urban areas.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

What you see is people who just want the homosexualists to leave them alone.

The rest is a product of your imagination.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join