It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NeoNazis, Blackwater in Ukraine and US State-Funded ‘Independent’ Media

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
So it seems someone needs to let the source for this thread know that they are using old footage of the Ukrainian special forces "ALPHA team rescuing local councillors from the captured regional council.

How many times is the same BS story going to come up, as it was said here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Same story was proven false here...

www.stopfake.org...

I guess the Russian media has nothing better to report on so they keep rehashing old unproven accusations.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

www.academi.com...

And Academi says they have no personnel in Ukraine...

Some irresponsible news outlets have recently posted rumors that ACADEMI employees are operating in Ukraine. They are not and any reports to the contrary are completely false.

Many of these reports have also given the impression that ACADEMI and the company Blackwater are the same and this is also completely false.

The basics: Blackwater's owner sold the company's US-based training facility to a group of private investors in 2010. Those owners renamed the facility and the new company created to support it ACADEMI. The former owner of Blackwater retained all rights to the Blackwater name as well as many of the companies that once operated under the umbrella of Blackwater. ACADEMI has no existing relationship with him. The new management of ACADEMI has made tremendous efforts to build a responsible, transparent company ethos, evidenced by the numerous awards ACADEMI has received for being among the most compliant companies in our industry. More information can be found here.

Unfounded statements and accusations such as those in recent news reports, combined with a lack of research about the company, are nothing more than sensationalistic efforts to create hysteria and headlines in times of genuine crisis.

ACADEMI is not Blackwater, and ACADEMI has no personnel in Ukraine.

www.academi.com...

It really helps to do your research before making accusations.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

In a broke country which gets funded by the US with an US puppet regime...I`m guessing it was Costa Rica who has hired them.

You don't have a clue about what your talking about do you?

First the government of Ukraine was elected by the citizens of Ukraine, but if you want to talk about a puppet government all one has to do is look at Yanukovych...Putin's puppet.

Costa Rica wouldn't hire a private security firm to work in Ukraine...another one of your fantasy that you post thinking it has some kind of merit to it.

And just so you know Academi is based in the US and Costa Rica has nothing to do with them.

ACADEMI maintains headquarters in Mclean, VA, a 7,000-acre flagship training facility in Moyock, NC, training facilities in Salem, CT, and San Diego, CA, and a 10-acre forward operating base in Kabul, Afghanistan.

www.academi.com...

edit on 12-4-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Not my thread and nor would I trust what a bunch of U.S. mercenaries say. Where do you think they're from? Guatemala? haha

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Not my thread and nor would I trust what a bunch of U.S. mercenaries say. Where do you think they're from? Guatemala? haha

But you will believe a propaganda pushing media outlet...very telling indeed.

What does Guatemala have to do with anything?

And I never said it was your thread did I?

Here is another pic of the same people that were rescuing a regional council member in Donetsk...

And you can see the link I posted a few posts up.
edit on 12-4-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

But you will believe a propaganda pushing media outlet...very telling indeed.

What does Guatemala have to do with anything?

And I never said it was your thread did I?

Yeah well the claim is from the OP and it's no so much a case of believing propaganda, is more of a case of who I don't trust on these issues.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

www.academi.com...

And Academi says they have no personnel in Ukraine...

Some irresponsible news outlets have recently posted rumors that ACADEMI employees are operating in Ukraine. They are not and any reports to the contrary are completely false.

Many of these reports have also given the impression that ACADEMI and the company Blackwater are the same and this is also completely false.

The basics: Blackwater's owner sold the company's US-based training facility to a group of private investors in 2010. Those owners renamed the facility and the new company created to support it ACADEMI. The former owner of Blackwater retained all rights to the Blackwater name as well as many of the companies that once operated under the umbrella of Blackwater. ACADEMI has no existing relationship with him. The new management of ACADEMI has made tremendous efforts to build a responsible, transparent company ethos, evidenced by the numerous awards ACADEMI has received for being among the most compliant companies in our industry. More information can be found here.

Unfounded statements and accusations such as those in recent news reports, combined with a lack of research about the company, are nothing more than sensationalistic efforts to create hysteria and headlines in times of genuine crisis.

ACADEMI is not Blackwater, and ACADEMI has no personnel in Ukraine.

www.academi.com...

You're right, we should believe them.

They would never lie to us, right?

edit on 12-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Yeah well the claim is from the OP and it's no so much a case of believing propaganda, is more of a case of who I don't trust on these issues.

So you admit that you really don't know who they are, and was just jumping in on the propaganda. Good to know.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

So you admit that you really don't know who they are, and was just jumping in on the propaganda. Good to know.

Oh I know who are they, there's a few on this thread that don't though

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN

I never said Russia hired anybody. You Sir are an imbecile if you do not realize that there are billionaires inside Russia with hundreds of millions of dollars at stake not only from the Crimean annexation but from the Ukraine debacle and whatever the next move will be from Mr. Putin which is most likely already has them very nervous.

The Oligarchs gravy train may be coming to an end and while they may or may not have much at stake inside Ukraine, they do have lots at stake if Putin begins to roll back some of the reforms made for more capitalistic ideas and I for one do not believe they would willingly give it up without putting up a fight.

Whats the best way for them to do this without actually opposing Putin ? Hire a group of mainly western mercenaries capable of putting up a fight and allow them time to turn the tide against Putin. The Russian people are on record in the 70 percentile of supporting not only Putin but the recent moves he has made but they are totally against more war and this is what Nemsov was stoking and perhaps caused his death.

You are such an arrogant person that you fail to look at the whole picture in your fervor to blame the US for everything when in fact it would be in their best interest to send in UN troops as Putin wouldn't have enough nerve at least not at this time to attack the UN. The Russian millionaires however can play both sides just to make sure they come out on the winning side.

Maybe the U.S. should have thought a bit more before tampering with the elections in 2014, and of course this was done because of corporate U.S. interest in the country, I never noticed you mention anything about the U.S. and western backed Ukrainian millionaires who have a lot of money at stake.

You are such an arrogant person

That's only because you don't like the things I say

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Huh ? What do you think the word Oligarch means ? This group includes both Ukraine and Russians but both have feet in each others waters so they are the millionaires you say I haven't spoke of. There are a variety of reasons that Russia Oligarchs oppose the action in Ukraine and vice-versa most having to do with business deals. And yes of course the US supports them as they are more interested in profits than political gains. While it is personal for them its personal due to capitalist ideas. For Putin he is more interested in egoism and political triumph but in the end in how he can prop up his bank account as well.

The US has meddled in world affairs for generations and will continue to do so as has Russia and most every other country in the world as it is a part of the agenda which leads them to one up the other guy. As for your arrogrance, no I don't like or dislike what you say as I really don't have a dog in this hunt. It is not going to affect me one way or the other but I do take \exception with someone who spouts non sense without backing it up and proclaiming it as gospel. If you ever learn to look at the whole picture you will see the game that is being played.

It is not a secret that private companies are hired all the time for security in conflict areas. It is rare to see them actually engage in fighting. Blackwater was employed in Iraq and Afghanistan for convoy security and to provide security for the private contractors in the region. They did not fight alongside US forces...they were usually a big problem for our own security. However there were times that convoy's were attacked in areas where both the privates and US forces were located and both engaged the force that was attacking.

The same is playing out now in other areas of the world because there is money involved. Aside from perhaps training Ukraine troops and security for the various private companies (the Oligarchs) who have lots of infrastructure at stake as well as employees I highly doubt these private security companies are involved in any direct fighting although certainly possible.

The US has played a dangerous game over the years and have often backed the wrong group and been burned for it but the group they choose is usually the better option available at the time. Neither side Russia or the US is clean in any of this so don't think they are. The bottom line is Ukraine is a sovereign entity and should remain so without interference from anyone.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

The US has played a dangerous game over the years and have often backed the wrong group and been burned for it but the group they choose is usually the better option available at the time. Neither side Russia or the US is clean in any of this so don't think they are. The bottom line is Ukraine is a sovereign entity and should remain so without interference from anyone.

Agree, but it isn't that simple, especially when a large chunk of Eastern Ukraine is Pro-Russian because of descent.

Using groups such as Academi, as they are for definite in Afghanistan, and IF the OP is true, then Ukraine also, then it is a very dangerous game and already back firing in Afghanistan, although Academi are still making heavy profits so can't be all bad.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Using groups such as Academi, as they are for definite in Afghanistan, and IF the OP is true, then Ukraine also, then it is a very dangerous game and already back firing in Afghanistan, although Academi are still making heavy profits so can't be all bad.

And yet there is nothing that makes the OP true and his source definitely isn't credible as they are just parroting Russian media.

Now just because they are in Afghanistan to help train their armed forces doesn't come close to proving they are in Ukraine. What exactly is backfiring in Afghanistan as they aren't there to be a formidable fighting force they are there to train. Something many seem to miss.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join