It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS POLL: Which Country Represents the Biggest Threat to Humanity?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I can see why some chose Canada. 2 words..... Justin Beiber.

Not Just Justin Beiber. Nickleback, Celine Dion, and Bryan Adams are crimes against humanity Canada still refuse to answer for!

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
vatican city, city of london, washington dc.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua

The real rub, for me: Cash donations is considered free speech. So campaign finance will not be an easy fix, because there is no motivation from elected legislators to cut their own necktie. So fine...we are stick with Citizens United. It is the law of the land, but I don't really like it. Not one bit.

So now i see that we have this nice gentleman who has decided to spill the beans on what our government is doing, both to us and our "allies". Since our government is run amok I want to aid in his defense. He is fighting the good fight (at least in this instance). But i can't. Because either cash is not free speech (and our campaign finance is allowed because of a judicial straw man...my personal belief), or because I am not entitled to the same 1st amendment protections a suit in DC is entitled to. Because my speech isn't going into their pocket. But it was made clear that donating to his aid could result in negative action against me. By my government. The same one who says cash = speech.

edit on 4/10/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Actually, strangely I have to agree with this poll. Normally as an American I'm the first to verbally bitch slap the Hate America crowd. But under our nations current leadership or lack there of I must agree.

Current US Foreign Policy or lack there of (if someone finds it let me know) has destabilized the entire Middle East and America's Adversaries are making serious end roads.

The main reason I agree with this poll is the Iran Deal. This deal will allow Iran to get a nuclear weapon, and that's something Israel cannot allow.

See from the Israeli point of view it's quite simple, 3 nuclear weapon detonated over there 3 largest cities and you kill 80% of the Israeli population, plain and simple. And Iran has made it pretty clear what they'd like to do to Israel. And considering the Mullahs in Tehran believe in the 12 Imam (think doom day cult). If they get the bomb they will most likely use it.

So I see at some point Iran will get the bomb and Israel will have no choice but to launch a first strike against Iran. And that will kill tens of millions of people.

So the United States lack of policy will lead to several million people dying in the coming conflict.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Who wants to start taking bets that either Israel or the USA comes out top on this poll

Are we handicapping this in any manner? I want to parlay this inevitable result onto the Manny-Money May fight. Gimme the US polling above 40%, and Money May by mind-numbing decision, parlay.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The US. Not for the reasons that most people "think". If the US pulled its financial and military backing in every country around the world and pulled back to our own borders, the lot of you would descend into complete anarchy within a month.

No food.

No money.

No weapons.

No media coverage.

Just leave all of you out to rot like you deserve.

Give me a Libertarian President, go on vacation to the coast, by the time I got back, most of you wouldn't be here anymore.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Which Country Represents the Biggest Threat to Humanity?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: sstech

That's priceless. The only country that I think may interfere in my country IS the US. We don't need you.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

You know many countries just did fine before the USA.
Some Americans always do this "we saved all of you" no you have not not once.
Sure you helped out in WW2 after you got rich playing both sides but I think Russia helped us out more.
Oh and I voted the USA because it is slowly turning into a christian theocracy...then we are all doomed.

edit on 10-4-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I would have to say that between Russia and North America's abilities for Mutually Assured Destruction, that these two countries could present the greatest risks to the planet. I would also throw China in there if any country aggravated them enough.

It is my opinion that with all of Russia's recent threats to nuke the various countries in the world, that overall they are the greatest single threat. The mutually assured destruction that WOULD follow just might destroy the world with the potential for all of the fallout and nuclear winter/waste that would be impossible to clean up.

As I've said before, if Humanity could just learn to cooperate globally-we would have human colonies set up on other planets by now. The problem with the human race is greed. We should be working on an interstellar craft, and open up the research to the public so that all of the scientists and physicists could work together to make that dream a reality. We have the resources and the science to make it happen, but with all of the greed it will make it take many more years-if it ever even happens.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Its not a surprise the US tops it. I'm ashamed to even call myself American, we suck major balls. And for the Americans that don't like what I said oh the hell well.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I have to say, as an American, I absolutely agree with this poll. There is no other nation, aside from Russia, that risks initiated world war 3. Our politicians are mad, drunk on power. And the more they poke and prod nations like China and Russia, the closer we all get to a global conflict. It saddens me to admit it, but the nation that was once the apple of the world's eye has become a monster. And we can only hope that some sense of sanity is restored in 2016.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

That's priceless. The only country that I think may interfere in my country IS the US. We don't need you.

Canada. My favorite. Doesn't have the population of California, is protected on 2 sides of the country by the US mainland and largest state, and is the one country nobody cares about. Nobody.

But, to my point, which I think you missed; I mean no protection and no help. If all the people in the world, which Canada has been shielded from, knew that your country was now free game and open season, what do you think would happen?

China and Russia would mow through most of Europe and Africa before I opened my first beer.

Do you actually think that Canada could play on the world stage without the threat of US intervention if anyone tried to even step toward it?

Utopian theology aside, I really don't see Canada being able to hold back against that type of aggression.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

You know many countries just did fine before the USA.
Some Americans always do this "we saved all of you" no you have not not once.
Sure you helped out in WW2 after you got rich playing both sides but I think Russia helped us out more.
Oh and I voted the USA because it is slowly turning into a christian theocracy...then we are all doomed.

I agree with your first sentence. I have no idea what you are talking about with the rest.

I want you to have the opportunity to do just fine without the US. I want your country to stare straight down the barrel of all of your neighboring countries and know that we aren't going to help any of you anymore. You're all on your own.

Our difference in thinking is that you think you will all be fine. I think you will be at each others throats in a matter of hours, and will get to killing each other within days.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: sstech
But, to my point, which I think you missed; I mean no protection and no help. If all the people in the world, which Canada has been shielded from, knew that your country was now free game and open season, what do you think would happen?

A whole lot of nothing.

Canada's value lies in the ground. The aggressors would need to hold the ground to access it.

If the two major powers in world couldn't tame Afghanistan, they have zero hope of taming Canada.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

BS.
Iam sure the world would do fine without the USA (not that I want it to be gone).
You are the instigator of many of the worlds ills....not the solution....you could be but your left wing politics are to me right wing.
You say no media? what no American media? a good thing in where news doesn't have to be factual.
No food? The uk can grow its own.
No money? yeah right....
No weapons? yeah we get all our weapons from the USA...not.

edit on 10-4-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

American arrogance. Probably what led to the result in this poll. We don't need you because we aren't like you. Pissing off the world. In fact YOU need us. Your resources are being depleted. To quote Ghostbusters, "Who you going to call?"

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The biggest threat to Humanity has no borders ... it is a mindset and multi national

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
No food? The uk can grow its own.

Hmm. Victory gardens. I wonder what percentage of Americans would even know what that is, let alone doing the work. Then again the extent of American casualty in war is Pearl Harbor and 911. Not like the Battle of Britain.

This is not aimed at most Americans. Just the mouthy ones that think that the universe revolves around the US.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Which Country Represents the Biggest Threat to Humanity?

Really?

Those two bombs saved the world. And none have been used in war time since. Just tests.

You're welcome.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join