It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS POLL: Which Country Represents the Biggest Threat to Humanity?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
In this new poll, we are going to take a different more doom-and-gloom direction (as if the POTUS straw poll isn't doom-and-gloom enough). Below is our latest Poll. This time, we're asking for your honest opinion of which country represents the biggest threat to humanity's long-term survival… and I want you to not just think about global geopolitical and conflict threats… is there a humanitarian crisis on the horizon from a third-world nation that will threaten us all? Or is the threat purely one of global species-ending conflict?

edit on 10-4-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I wish I knew how to take a screen shot right now. It is just so damn funny!

P

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
this will be interesting

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Great poll . I dont know if i should be proud or insulted that Australia is not there . We have secret ambitions for Papua New Guinea you know .

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
You forgot NATO. Its not a country its an organization.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I think that Russia probably has the most chance of actually using nukes which is my idea of a worst case. While it isn't intentional I see Japan and the Fukishima reactor as a close second.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Not that it's a surprise...thing is...maybe 2 or 3 countries that have the capability of being a global threat. The rest...local insignificant players.

Anyway...will be interesting to see the final results.

+26 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Who wants to start taking bets that either Israel or the USA comes out top on this poll

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

What we talking here

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
awwww kenya is there too. i will vote for them just for positive reinforcement reasons

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Awwww man... I didn't even notice Canada was on the list until after I had voted

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Who wants to start taking bets that either Israel or the USA comes out top on this poll

Based off of a lot of comments I see on ATS, USA will take first place.

Rather amusing, imo, that at this point, over 50% view the USA as the top threat. I don't expect that to really change. I do find it misguided, but then again, what can one expect from a social site, with such wide ranging views, and a lot of them are not logic-based. /shrug

I suppose it really doesn't matter. The Canadians are the ones who you should all worry about, they lull your sense to sleep with their easy-going Canadian ways, and their soft "aye" at the end of each sentence, and their bacon will conquer it all.

It's damn terrifying, those creepy Canadians, and their secret snow bases way up north, full of Cheese, beer, and Bacon.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Interesting how the Vatican is not on the list. Not that I would have voted for it but I would have expected it on the list
edit on 9-4-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

link   
Dp

link   
Three times really.?

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The United States baby! With great power comes great responsibility. The world's largest military and political machine and second largest economy has the potential to create the most damage.

I actuallity I would say it's a four way tie. USA, Russia, China, and Israel. All of them are causing economic and environmental damage. They also have the power and potential to start Nuclear War.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

I suppose it really doesn't matter. The Canadians are the ones who you should all worry about, they lull your sense to sleep with their easy-going Canadian ways, and their soft "aye" at the end of each sentence, and their bacon will conquer it all.

It's damn terrifying, those creepy Canadians, and their secret snow bases way up north, full of Cheese, beer, and Bacon.

Curses! They're onto us...

*activates inuit numbers station and prepares war moose for battle*

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
OPINION:

The 'Threat to Humanity' is NOT a ... 'Country'.

For Example: ... OTHER: 'Washington D.C.'

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Well if you use logic you get the answer:

What country is constantly seeking wars?
If there is no war, then they made new war.
What country have most nukes and did most nukes test in history?
What country actually drop nukes on cities and kill thousands of innocent people?

I see that country poking a bee hive with the stick and once the bees come out they will terminate the hive with pest.
I really hope that no bee hive will be provoked and that we could live a little bit longer.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Due to observation of threads I bet on Russia followed by US being in the lead here(or could be vice versa). Maybe to Israel following behind those. Other would mainly have ISIS filled in. North Korea? I don't think anyone takes them serious.
edit on 9-4-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join