It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA: We’ll find alien life in 10 to 20 years

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I think what we have today is videos and in 20 years we will have actual DNA of perhaps, small animals.

Lets face the fact that Crustaceans are similar to Insects.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I really don't know if NASA knows about extra-terrestrial life or not.

But I do wish they'd stop wasting funds on having themselves plugged in stupid movies like 'Interstellar' and start just worrying about melting a hole though the ice on Europa. It just blows my mind that NASA (or even the ESA) haven't even attempted to dig (blow) a huge hole right into the Moon or Mars and analyze the geology down there. Rather they just roll around on the surface.

Makes me think there not even really there to explore space and that there actually just there to invent secret advanced technology for the military. UFO's anyone?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I'm sure they already have found it, they are just letting us know we won't be hearing about it anytime soon.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

I don't agree with a lot of things that Richard C. Hoagland says. One of the things that I do agree with that he says however, is that the gov't. and NASA is always 35 years ahead if what they tell us. That means that I think that they found life elsewhere within the last 15 to 25 years already. I also think that humanity is ready to receive this news by now. If we could all just get along, we could help colonize the other planets that support life. Imagine the peace there could then be on Earth! Probably they will tell us that they are too far away when they admit to discovering them, when they will already have ships landing on those planets. Sad but I think it's the truth...
edit on 4/8/2015 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Everyone here seems to think they are referring to larger, more intelligent life, when all they have to do is find a single-celled creature on Mars or the Moon that does not match ones we have hanging around here.

They even state that they're talking about microbes. And those would technically be considered "alien life".

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

Yeah, microbes that share the same DNA as life on earth wouldn't mean much of anything in the long run. But if they find microbes with unique DNA or that lack it all together, then that just changes everything. it'd be absolutely earth shattering actually, since it would be clear evidence that life (including intelligent) is not unique and is abundant in the universe.

Though, to me personally it just doesn't make any sense to think life isn't abundant in the universe. But what I think doesn't really have any relevance on a scientific basis, without that smoking gun.
edit on 8-4-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow
Everyone here seems to think they are referring to larger, more intelligent life, when all they have to do is find a single-celled creature on Mars or the Moon that does not match ones we have hanging around here.

They even state that they're talking about microbes. And those would technically be considered "alien life".

A NASA scientist said in a recent documentary, (NASA the unexplained files) or something),
That he had his own experiment on board one of the rovers, and it was to spray radioactive nutrients onto the Martian soil and if any microbes were present or dormant, they would begin consuming the material and give off radioactive gasses the rover could detect.
They waited and then began receiving tons of data that the gasses were being detected, and that fact was what NASA told his team they would accept as proof of alien life on Mars.
But when it actually happened they sabotaged the findings and warned him strongly not to say his experiment discovered any life whatsoever.
Yes, NASA has a serious agenda not to find life, because they are still going by their mandate the Brookings report recommended they follow.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Generally speaking state of the art technology usually runs about 10 to 20 years ahead of what is not classified today.

First, that statement makes no sense. Next, if you are implying that the technology currently available to NASA has greater capabilities than the public is allowed to know (it doesn't) what do you think it means?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

That's a most interesting and potentially terrifying tidbit there. Oh how I hate being lied to by TPTB. I searched briefly about this after reading your post and I'm not positive that film is the one that states that yet from what I could see in the comments, but I intend to check it out some more. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

I'll try to find the exact episode number and report back asap

It isn't one of the first episodes, but maybe number 5 or 6, I'll keep checking.

I have clicked through them trying to find that segment but will have to watch all 6 episodes completely to find it. I don't mind watching them often anyways.. I'll report back later.
edit on 8-4-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

I'll try to find the exact episode number and report back asap

It isn't one of the first episodes, but maybe number 5 or 6, I'll keep checking.

You are referring to the Viking Labelled Release experiment. Potential nutrients were tagged with radioactive Carbon 14. Some radioactive methane was detected, leading the chief experimenter, a man named Levin, to become convinced that microorganisms had been detected. The experiment was not sabotaged, the design was flawed. The results were made public and most biologists concluded that the methane production was too brief to indicate metabolic processes. In other words, the findings were ambiguous and controversial, not "covered up."

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

No it wasn't flawed at all, that is just the story being pushed for plausibility.

And I know your routine in similar situations so don't bore me with your company man story line. I've seen it many times.

The other tests that were also doing similar tests were set up to heat the soil and so any tests trying to find life through any method would not bring positive results because heating the soil would kill any life that could be discovered anyway if it was there. A nice fail-safe just in case life was found there when they do not want it to be.
edit on 8-4-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I think 99.9% of the population would shrug their shoulders and say 'so what' right now.

If it doesn't help them pay their mortgage or rent, if it doesn't put food on the table and clothes on their backs, most people will probably say...really? ET life is confirmed is it? Wow...always knew it, that's cool' and then, apart from a talking point occasionally down the pub, will be largely forgotten about as it won't affect people's lives one bit.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Is this the aspect you're referring to?: www.redicecreations.com...

I don't know about that site's rep, but this is definitely interesting.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Nevertheless, the information is out there and Levin has even written a book about it. You may disagree with the majority of scientists, but there is clearly no cover up.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Religion would go on just fine.

People wouldn't go crazy.

While I tend to agree that wold would not collapse, those other 2 statements are very questionable. Religion(s) would go crazy, as well followers. While some are preparing for possible 'out of earth' intelligence, as jokingly Father George Coyne (at the time he was Vatican's chief astronomer) once said, they would love to baptize ETs before Mormons get at them...
, most are not prepared and would be in even bigger denial. From calls of hoax, return of prophets, antichrist... and what's not... they have all mythology inside their sleeve.

Add to the mix people who would see in this conspiracy etc... ehh... let's not go there....

We, humans, IMHO are not ready to know about others... yet.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

I disagree.

We are ready and have been for a very long time...in fact, the knowledge of sentient ET life would probably be more of a rediscovery rather than a brand new revelation, but that's besides the point.

The religious among us would initially be up in the air, but in what i imagine would be very short order, the various religious leaderships around the world would take the initiative and use the knowledge to their religions advantage, or at least attempt to integrate the information into their wider belief system...as the Roman Catholic church has been subtly doing over the last decade or so with their infrequent pronouncements on the subject.

The 'demons from space' and fallen angels concepts and theories are borne out of ignorance, like most of our species negativity, it stems from fear of the unknown..of not being in possession of the full information...we all see bogeymen in dark corners and inside slightly ajar dark wardrobes...but shine a light into the darkness and open the wardrobe doors to the light and all becomes clear...the only place the bogyman resides is in our ignorant minds.

Same thing with 'demons' from space...once the full knowledge is made known and ignorance is dispelled, we will see that there are simply different species of intelligent life and not the demons or monsters constructed out of our ignorant imaginations.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

I really hope that you are right, and I hope in our life time we find out what really would happen.

I was under similar impression until I found that a lot of people where I currently live still believe we are product of someone's handy work. Those people are not looking for rationale and simple explanation.

Just look at where we are right now, we don't even need 'demons' from space, we make our own here, down on earth. Wars, terror, famine... just to name few...

I still hope you're right...

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Of course, NASA is behind public opinion on this, but they are scientific folks and don't take kindly to those that have other ideas about ETs. I can prove that is a fact...more or less. A few years ago I went to the Cape to see the shuttle blast off. I think it was the next to the last flight. The flight was scrubbed for that day and I spent considerable time exploring the gift store which is quite large there.

As an UFO addict, I was struck by a realization at one point and could not believe it. Then I carefully reconnoitered the entire store twice. In the whole store which has all sort of materials about space, I found not one item, T-shirt, key chain, cap or figure that had the term "UFO" upon it or featuring a picture of any type of alien, even the ever-present LGM.

Either NASA has no sense of humor, or they didn't want to do PR work for the competition.

(For any one to say that it was the store's decision not to feature such materials, I say, balderdash, such materials are retail money makers no matter where they are found, and they would not pass up on that bet unless the contract with NASA expressly prohibited such materials.)

My local McDonald's is also aware of Alien Existence, I've searched after reading your post and not a single "ET Burger" or anything!

More on topic, It's easier to believe that their is some all knowing "TPTB" running everything than realizing we are all just humans living on a planet and NO ONE is "in charge" Sure there are secret fighters and bombers and military tech here and there. The idea that any government could keep the largest secret in the history of Humanity is just silly.

If we discovered Life, we would all know. They might be able to keep it secret for a few months, maybe.
edit on 4/8/2015 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The Universe, lol, is FULL of microbial life. Life composed of regular DNA as we know it, 'extra-base pair DNA', silicon-based, and you name it.

But as to sentient life that can come here, fergedaboudit.

Right here, right now, we are 'The Ones'.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join