It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA: We’ll find alien life in 10 to 20 years

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Variable
So when Ben Rich head of Lockheed Skunkworks told a class of engineers at a California University that "we already have the means to take ET home" what does that mean to you?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Enochstask

I would like to see a link on that??

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I don't think NASA or any other scientific agency or person knows with absolute certainty that there is life out there. I think it's exactly as they say... that the probability is high and soon we'll have the tech to know.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai
I never denied that, on the contrary,
Most definitely there is life out there,
but that is not what i was saying.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Here is one testimony of what he said go to 4:45 second mark.

www.youtube.com...=290

There was another video of another engineer at that meeting on video talking about it but I can't find it right now.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

So when Ben Rich head of Lockheed Skunkworks told a class of engineers at a California University that "we already have the means to take ET home"

LOL, "It's on the internet it must be true!"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Read Shadowhawks post. ET was a movie in 1983, he used it to close his speech as a joke. In any case, he said you have to ask him what he is working on 10 years later, because it comes out after 10 years. Well it's been 30 years since then. No mention of "anti-gravity" i have read. Guy worked at skunk works from the 60's.

All the stuff you read about what he said is just a bunch UFO guys who have been repeating it for 30 years.

V

V

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LionOfGOD

A reason our planet is the way it is, because of the numerous amount of mass extinctions that have occurred. In relation to the issue of life like us forming, this is a factor excluded from the Drake Equation.

The Drake equation is a probabilistic argument used to estimate the number of active, communicative extraterrestrial civilizations in the Milky Way galaxy. The equation was written in 1961 by Frank Drake not for purposes of quantifying the number of civilizations,[1] but intended as a way to stimulate scientific dialogue at the world's first search for extraterrestrial intelligence (SETI) meeting, in Green Bank, West Virginia. The equation summarizes the main concepts which scientists must contemplate when considering the question of other radio-communicative life.[1] The Drake equation has proved controversial since several of its factors are currently unknown, and estimates of their values span a very wide range. This has led critics to label the equation a guesstimate, or even meaningless.

Source

Any thoughts?

edit on 7-4-2015 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Believe what you want. I could care less what you wrap your mind around.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Read the links that i posted about a thread here on ATS. Really good information. This has all been discussed before on this site. What you posted is spurious and unfounded.

Look, you posted some BS drivel as proof of other BS drivel. I am simply pointing out how it is false. You can't handle it that's your issue. Don't believe something that isn't true because you want it to be. Learn to dig deeper.

V

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I watched the NASA webcast live today. All I can say is this, they are absolutely convinced of finding life. it was written all over their faces. And no, not amongst the stars, in our very solar system.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Like I said I don't really care what you think about, it doesn't matter to me one way or the other what your mind is able to comprehend.

edit on 7-4-2015 by Enochstask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Of course, NASA is behind public opinion on this, but they are scientific folks and don't take kindly to those that have other ideas about ETs. I can prove that is a fact...more or less. A few years ago I went to the Cape to see the shuttle blast off. I think it was the next to the last flight. The flight was scrubbed for that day and I spent considerable time exploring the gift store which is quite large there.

As an UFO addict, I was struck by a realization at one point and could not believe it. Then I carefully reconnoitered the entire store twice. In the whole store which has all sort of materials about space, I found not one item, T-shirt, key chain, cap or figure that had the term "UFO" upon it or featuring a picture of any type of alien, even the ever-present LGM.

Either NASA has no sense of humor, or they didn't want to do PR work for the competition.

(For any one to say that it was the store's decision not to feature such materials, I say, balderdash, such materials are retail money makers no matter where they are found, and they would not pass up on that bet unless the contract with NASA expressly prohibited such materials.)
edit on 7-4-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun
Nice use of the word reconnoitered.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Actually I was a Forum Moderator for a period of time and so I am not really impressed with, the idea that evidence of aliens relates to NASA not presenting alien paraphernalia in their Gift Shop.

I mean at the very least you have access to an internal memo/e-mail from a member of the Pentagon, to that effect????

It seems apparent that what NASA is referring to, at the very most is bacteria, insects and perhaps EVEN fish like animals.

edit on 7-4-2015 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai

Actually I was a Forum Moderator for a period of time and so I am not really impressed with, the idea that evidence of aliens relates to NASA not presenting alien paraphernalia in their Gift Shop.

I mean at the very least you have access to an internal memo/e-mail from a member of the Pentagon, to that effect????

It seems apparent that what NASA is referring to, is at the very most is bacteria, insects and perhaps EVEN fish like animals.

I agree. The step from no life to life is enormous. The step from a fish to intelligent life...in our case on earth? 400 million years? That is not a universally long time I think.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
It sounds like they are setting up the sustainability of their economic future at NASA. If they said they already found alien life, nobody would donate to their agency with hopes they will find alien life. They are selling something and they want us to buy their research. It's just a sales pitch

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

You know where to look? and where is that exactly??

At the thousands of planets they've found in the last two decades. They can find indications of life by analyzing light from the planets, but I think that takes more work and equipment than their initial discovery does.
edit on 8-4-2015 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I hate to bring this up but a Shrimp or Lobster as generally defined is Crustacean and more often than not so is s Crab.

But in relation to structure they are no different than Insects biologically.

Any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Generally speaking their s about 1 billion planets in our Galaxy that have access to Earth like conditions.

Despite that, I feel the ratio is one culture equivalent to ours per Galaxy.

Perhaps less but in standard. Statistically valid, under such circumstances. They would all have resulted from the development, intellectually of Predators.

Under similar conditions of Mass Extinctions.

Any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   

The "chief scientist" at NASA says they know WHERE to look, HOW to look, and WHAT to look for. If you're going looking for something, and know these three parameters, finding that something would be fast and easy, don't cha think?
cwm

edit on 4/8/2015 by carewemust because: must be filled out

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join