It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA: We’ll find alien life in 10 to 20 years

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Are we alone in the universe? Top NASA scientists say the answer is almost certainly “no.”

“I believe we are going to have strong indications of life beyond Earth in the next decade and definitive evidence in the next 10 to 20 years,” Ellen Stofan, chief scientist for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, said at a public panel Tuesday in Washington.

“We know where to look, we know how to look, and in most cases we have the technology,” she said.

Scource

Generally speaking state of the art technology usually runs about 10 to 20 years ahead of what is not classified today.

Any thought?

PS: Just to be clear I am not suggesting life with human type awareness.
edit on 7-4-2015 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

right i think she forgot to add as long as my masters say its okay to present the evidence.

You know where to look? and where is that exactly??

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Answer: ATS

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Change "we'll find alien life" to "we found alien life" and then change "in 10 to 20 years" to "many decades ago but are just now disclosing to all"...

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

She also said "we have he technology", meaning we already have it.

Put it this way to cut into any one of the ice moons related to Jupiter or Saturn (to be clear Titan has also been categorized this way as well), all we need is a probe that uses lasers to cut into ice.

The US launches Satellites all the time from Naval Vessels.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Interesting...

It's more likely (in my opinion) that it's: "We've found life...we're just going to take 10 to 20 years to tell you about it".

It seems every time I turn around there's another headline in the news about more "promising" signs that point to life being able to exist beyond Earth. By the time they "declare life found" on Mars or on a moon orbiting Jupiter, people will simply shrug their shoulders. I think this is probably the goal.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

That is exactly what I am saying.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Doesn't NASA say this every week? What, they got turrets or something?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Interesting...

It's more likely (in my opinion) that it's: "We've found life...we're just going to take 10 to 20 years to tell you about it".

It seems every time I turn around there's another headline in the news about more "promising" signs that point to life being able to exist beyond Earth. By the time they "declare life found" on Mars or on a moon orbiting Jupiter, people will simply shrug their shoulders. I think this is probably the goal.

No they will missremember that they always knew. Like Baranstain Bears.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I have said it before, and i will say it again:

The chances that there is another intelligent life form among the billions of stars with their planets orbiting
a sinle star: ASTRONOMICAL

The chances that any of that intelligent life, among the billions of stars, with each star with their own planets,
will ever find our lttle blue planet, is MICROSCOPICAL.

So in short, NO.

Not going to happen.
edit on 7-4-2015 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
It really irks me that if they've found alien life they just don't come out with it. I honestly think it wouldn't be that big of a deal to most people. Most people I know are so wrapped up in their own lives that they could care less about some microbes or worms on another planet.

No, the world wouldn't collapse.

Religion would go on just fine.

People wouldn't go crazy.

The world would continue to turn and everything would be just fine. I don't understand the "hint game" they've been playing for years now.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
It really irks me that if they've found alien life they just don't come out with it. I honestly think it wouldn't be that big of a deal to most people. Most people I know are so wrapped up in their own lives that they could care less about some microbes or worms on another planet.

No, the world wouldn't collapse.

Religion would go on just fine.

People wouldn't go crazy.

The world would continue to turn and everything would be just fine. I don't understand the "hint game" they've been playing for years now.

See their plan is already working. Whahaha
edit on 7-4-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
NASA is obviously the last organization on this planet to realize alien life. I don't even want to here from NASA anymore they have no credibility any longer, then there is the whole still building rockets when everyone knows there is anti-gravity technology.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I think in this amount of time, there must be multiple interests tied to the suppression or exploitation of any type of extraterrestrial life. Secrets have been kept for decades. I cannot imagine how many ventures have occurred, stemming from knowledge found off this planet.

Big pharm is going to want the inside track, Big oil is going to need to be inside, monetary monopolies would be threatened by prospects of new resources.

The military and space agencies might be able to hold us back, but I do not know how much luck they would have holding back the global control freaks and their interests.

There is no way that after all this time, the government and military would be the only ones in the know. I am sure there are a lot of smoky back room drama that might cause a burp now and again. And that is all we are seeing, I think.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

The 'Hint Game' you refer to, is unfortunately pure nonsense.
'They' don't know anymore than you do.
Which would be more terrifying?
That there are people 'In The Know' who control how this world works,

OR

NO-ONE is in control,
and that we are just plummetting at tremendous speed through a void of which we know pretty much nothing about,
and we might be viped out at any moment, FOR NO APPARENT REASON.

This knowledge, if accepted on a global scale, would have more devastating effect on, religion, politics, society, etc.
than any alien visitation ever could.

Hence, you are given hope by the TPTB, because otherwise all we have is a bunch of panicking animals stampeding all over each other.

Make no mistake, the only thing on a planetary scale that TPTB are trying to accomplish,
is to protect your small fragile mind.
edit on 7-4-2015 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Enochstask

then there is the whole still building rockets when everyone knows there is anti-gravity technology.

LOL, sure everyone knows that... Yea I mean duh...

I wish i thought you were kidding, but i think you actually meant it and it makes me sad.

V

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Are they overtly telling us when disclosure will happen ? The rapid rise and development in technology the last 30 years
(hell since WWII) would suggest they have already made contact...I never bank on what any government agency or directly funded government agency says or does publicly...Because you know they are ALWAYS honest with us normal folk....

edit on 7-4-2015 by wyrmboy12 because: N/A

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Funny NASA saying this because it is exactly the same thing Seth Shostak says publicly about SETI finding alien life. He said it will be in the next couple of decades.

I have heard other mainstream government affiliated or funded scientists say this same thing, so it is pretty obvious that they have been given marching orders from up top. Probably the CIA.

It just can't be now, it will happen in the future. This gives plenty of cushioning for further public conditioning. (And boy do they need it).

Alien life has already been here and is here now. But the public can't know this or our society will break down and we will be thrown back into the stone age according to the Brookings report which NASA accepted decades ago and still goes by today.

(Don't tell your boss you believe this if you are a pilot or have any government job or you might lose your job)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: wyrmboy12

We have probably found bacteria or small animals and insects, or all the above.

To say "we have the technology is more than just a hint, it is to say that get ready for physical evidence in 20 years.

What may exist today is data based upon some observation the next step would be to isolate actual samples, in a controlled environment.

edit on 7-4-2015 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LionOfGOD

Actually in relation to finding at least one planet in every Galaxy in the Universe with life like us is, from a probabilistic standpoint a valid conclusion statistically speaking.

Any thoughts?

edit on 7-4-2015 by Kashai because: Content edit

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join