It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello, I'm an NSA Insider, and wow, do I have a story to tell

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: Expat888 damn I want to by you a beer.. or vinilla shake.. where have you been!?

Took couple months went up into mountains far far away from people .. needed time away from the rampant idiocy in the world .. finally decided to wander back ...

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: greghansen

Welcome. I have one question, which for me is THE question.

Are governments and Corporations, or the merging of the two at the higher echelons, MORE fearful about the internet and sharing of information....as it thwarts their various conspiracies and crimes....or are they LESS worried, as they know the internet provides complacency...as we 'common folk' are too busy posting cat videos on Facebook and engaging in mindless droning in forums...to actually go outside and protest or DO SOMETHING?

edit on 7-4-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

I think the Arab Spring can answer that one for you.

Governments overturned by people who organised themselves through social media.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
On youtube there is a guy called Dr. Don Burleson giving a lecture presenting an argument that Robert Oppenheimer had his security clearance revoked; through the MaCarthy communist witchunt because of his involvement in UFO crash.
retrievals. Links are below.

This is very left field perhaps but do you have any knowledge about this from working in NSA?

www.youtube.com...

UFO investigator Dr. Don Burleson, author of a provocative book on J. Robert Oppenheimer, father of the atomic bomb and director of the Manhattan Project that ended World War II, defends his hypothesis that when Oppenheimer lost his security clearance in 1953, it was not because of his political stance, but because of his involvement in UFO crash retrievals. As such, Burleson argues, Oppenheimer, until 1953 an unparalleled national hero, was betrayed by the very government he had so faithfully and productively served.

edit on 7-4-2015 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

I think the Arab Spring can answer that one for you.

Governments overturned by people who organised themselves through social media.

And equally, fake revolutions funded by "Foundations" which use social media to stir political trouble.

I believe social media to be more of a cancer than for that of good. Yet here I am.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

It seems as if you have no conception of why mass surveillance, the overwhelming omnipresence of the Five Eyes, and the erosion of liberty and privacy amongst private citizens without probable cause, would represent a problem for a citizen of a country.

If you cannot fathom that inherently, without having to be reminded of the importance of these things, then there is little one can say to you, which might help to justify my absolute disgust at the actions of the NSA toward the people of the United States, and indeed the actions of bodies with which they are affiliated toward citizens of my own nation, in collecting the vast volumes of data that they do.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus
Thanks Overlord. Let me set a few things straight - my book is about how the NSA pisses away money simply because a few egos got bruised and, in pissing away that money, create a situation in which national security is compromised. The 9/11 commission strongly suggested that the Intelligence Communities work together and share information, yet this has still not happened and, in fact, the lack of cooperation has gotten worse. I created a product that could be used by anyone with the right clearances but that product was dismantled and brought in house for use not by NSA personnel, but by only a select few NSA personnel. Trust me when I say that (REDACTED BY NSA) do a much better job at intelligence analysis than these select few individuals do.

I' will send the first chapter of the book which may cause a few people to hit the snooze alarm. Remember, though, that my story played out over an eight year period, an eight year period during which certain of these select individuals tried desperately to get me kicked out. So I will also provide a table of contents with chapter descriptions.

Readers of the book will learn how NSA performs analysis of cyber events and that in and of itself will be quite interesting.

Thanks again.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I would love to find out why the mods think this guy is legit

Could it be Bernard Schnitzel?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
The answer to your question is "both." There is a great series of videos called "Great Decisions", one of which is called "Privacy in the Digital Era." I gave a lecture on that recently and one point I made is that we give away personal information all the time via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. We are complacent.

On the other hand, as I point out in my book, Intelligence Agencies are loathe to share information. Just look at the Boston Marathon bombers. We were warned by the Russians but the FBI didn't see fit to notify the NSA who could have legally (via FISA) done surveillance on the bombers.

There is no shortage of arrogance in the IC.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

No - that's news to me.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Malynn

The budget of the NSA is classified. Any information about budgets were redacted as well as a few other comments about tools, techniques and procedures. Otherwise, they left me pretty much alone. I have to admit I was quite shocked.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

"what's my favorite naughty site? "
Same as mine, I'm sure.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   

So...if i comprehend what you're saying correctly..

You worked with the NSA, were managing high level contracts and achieved quite a fair amount for the Intelligence community and were ultimately awarded and rewarded with praise and shiny awards and trophies etc.

You didn't spill your guts while you were being patted on the head, but only now, because of what? Sour grapes/injured ego?

Not exactly inspiring mate.

IF you had come here while you were being given gold stars and receiving a pat on the head for being such a clever and good boy, and decided to tell your fellows what was what out of a sense of duty to the people, and not because of some disgruntled sense of entitlement and hurt pride, and to flog your book of course, i for one would have had more time for you and would have given you the time of day...as it stands, apart from this short post, i shall give you neither.

You should have done this earlier, then you would have had some moral credibility.

The fact you're doing the conspiracy forums rounds only after getting canned and having your nose put out of joint, tells me that you're here to sell books and bolster your ego, rather than any burning desire to impart truth to your fellow man simply because it's the right and just thing to do.

I shan't be reading your book, and i certainly shan't be buying it...you left it much too late to interest me.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

"Aren't you worried about a backlash from the NSA? "
Yes and no. All books by former NSA employees and contractors have to go through pre-publication review. I made it through the review with a few redactions. That's not to say that some in NSA will want to skewer me as well as some in my former employer Leidos (an offshoot of SAIC). Truth be told I had an entire chapter on the shady dealings of SAIC that I yanked out of fear of retaliation despite the fact that everything was footnoted.

Interesting fact - I had to redact some material about the NSA even though it, too, was footnoted. It seems that something in the public domain can still be considered sensitive.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: STTesc

"I'm just curious, what type of person takes a job to spy on and sell out his own people?"
Jumping to conclusions are we? The person who got sold out was me. Why? Because I was too good at what I did and embarrassed those who were not as good. Hold off on making your judgements please.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: STTesc

I am not going to get rich off this book, trust me.

I want everyone to ask questions!

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Greghansen, did you know A.R. Borden? If so, what do you know about him that is not classified information?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Hi Greg, sorry about the Bernard Shnitzel remark.

As you have said none of the alphabet agencies share intelligence, so do you think it is possible that the Boston Bombers were working for the CIA - and they thought what they were doing was just part of a drill?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I dont get the point of this thread.///

am i supposed to read another book now? And then what?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Trust me when I say that (REDACTED BY NSA) do a much better job at intelligence analysis than these select few individuals do.

What?

Who?

Redacted by yourself, yes?

Why?

What?

Meh, welcome aboard!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join