It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello, I'm an NSA Insider, and wow, do I have a story to tell

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: STTesc
a reply to: greghansen

I'm just curious, what type of person takes a job to spy on and sell out his own people? It's like those poor SS soldiers that were just doing their job. Are you proud of the fact that you were a traitor? And that now you have a venue to push your book down our throats? It's not good enough to simply enlighten people, you need to be paid on top of being a traitor?

No thank you. Keep your book.

here here

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
300 users? Are you sure you don't mean 200?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Welcome.

Of course, your book will be a free download.

Right?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'm speaking prior to reading your material. I will...if for no other reason I'm curious. However, I'm cautious of your intent. I know we "need" to know the criminal intent of our Govt., but why the book now? What are your intentions? Is this a case of a maligned employee who seeks vengeance? The need for redemption? What pray tell? Were you aware and disgusted of NSA abuses? If so...why the book now after the loss of your job? After all, I'm sure you were compensated well for your time production and i believe thats the reason so few are willing to discuss the issue.

Mr. Snowden on the other hand and from what i can tell, dropped everything and distanced himself from the rouge agency in disgust. The mere fact he was able to "harvest" delicate and classified material to the extent he did tends to suggest he was invisible under his superiors radar. A kid who was living the American Dream with upward mobility, compensation and resources denounced the hand who fed him so well. And did so not for the reason of back-stabbing, as your introduction implies, but for ethical and moralistic considerations.

Before trolls who want to argue the facts, don't bother. It is what it is and I refuse to debate the obvious. I may be jumping to conclusions by stating my concerns prior to reading your material, but the fact you are "selling" your book on this forum after working for the agency in question is a red flag for obvious reasons. I noticed after reading a few replies to this thread few showed distrust with your intentions. I, on the other hand, are suspicious and may not be interested in your book.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
SCAMMER

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
So the scorpion was stung by his cohorts & now comes to the frogs seeking favor & transport across the river.

K~

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This whole thing has got me so confused.

If i post a thread saying for example "I was once a CIA SAD Operative I have this amazing story to tell and I am going to do it on ATS, Just visit my YouTube Channel, the thread would be either shut down for breaking ToC by advertising my own Youtube channel or it would be ripped to bits by members quite rightly smelling a little bit of BS.

Yet If i have a self published book making the same claims all of a sudden I get the full backing of the Mods?

It really does kind of piss me off that if a new guy turns up like this they seem to get some kind of special treatment that is not afforded to those of use who have been hear for years.

What Greg is saying could be true, but this is yet another example of individuals trying to use ATS for advertising purposes. It annoys me because it detracts for the content being produced by members which in my view should be what the mods should be doing more to promote.

sigh.....

lets see what happens but I am not going to hold my breath for anything spectacular.

I have found nothing about Greg or his book other than on Amazon or on ATS other than a linkedin page. Not a thing, do we have any way of verifying your credentials Greg?
edit on 7-4-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Nice book advert.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Sure, let's do this it should be fun.

Hats off to the site for letting him tell his story.

He should know going in...Nowhere in the World are more skeptics gathered.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: greghansen
My name is Greg Hansen, I'm a recovering NSA Insider.

I asked another guy who claimed he was NSA if he knew who I really am. This doesn't require accessing resources you'd no longer be in touch with, so don't use that as an excuse.

I'm extraordinarily well known inside that community.

Now if you can't answer that question. Then I call bull#!

Feel free to discuss with candor if you do know :-)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

NSA does a great service in protecting us from both cyber and physical attacks - there is no doubt about it.

"Wasteful spending? Overstepping their constitutional and legal parameters in surveillance? "
Yes - all of the above. There is also an abundance of arrogance especially when it comes to other organizations in the IC, some of which do a better job of information sharing than NSA. Lack of information sharing is (in my opinion) a huge issue at the NSA.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: universalbri

What's the question?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Sorry - cannot say - not that I don't know, I just cannot say.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Do you believe Guccifer or others hacked Hillary''s private server?
What would their incentive or oddS be in doing so IYO?
edit on 7-4-2015 by IAMTAT because: correction

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

I was just about to ask this.

I have a thing about not being able to trust people who want you to pay for information that should be known to all.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

we (ATS and our members) will be helping to get his story out to the wide wide world.

No we won't.

What about my book?

Will ATS and it's members be getting my story out to the world?

Thought not...

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Below is a short bio covering my last few years.

Until I was kicked off Leidos’s NANA contract I was a Senior Scientist with Leidos; San Antonio, TX (2004 - 2014)
I coordinated with the NSA site coordinator for cyber command in the development of conceptual process strategies for cross-agency collaboration for Cyber Intelligence Preparation of the Environment (CIPE) planning.
Notable Achievements:

Developed highly interactive analytical tool in 3 months with only 1 additional team member. Launch of live system attracted 300 users from multiple Intelligence Agencies and was recognized by DIRNSA for thwarting several cyber-attacks.

Erm...sorry, what?

Is this your résumé?

Are you able to break this down for the lay person (i.e. stupid me)?

What is Leidos?

What is a NANA contract?

conceptual process strategies for cross-agency collaboration for Cyber Intelligence Preparation of the Environment (CIPE) planning.

What does this mean?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: universalbri

originally posted by: greghansen
My name is Greg Hansen, I'm a recovering NSA Insider.

I asked another guy who claimed he was NSA if he knew who I really am. This doesn't require accessing resources you'd no longer be in touch with, so don't use that as an excuse.

I'm extraordinarily well known inside that community.

Now if you can't answer that question. Then I call bull#!

Feel free to discuss with candor if you do know :-)

(A) Absent you providing specifics as to why you would be "extraordinarily well known inside " the NSA...this would appear to be potential delusions of grandeur? Or Infamy?...either way...not appearing immediately credible.

(B) You have no credible cause to call BS? His identity is verifiable without the demand he recognize some unusual anonymous poster on ATS.

Here and other places:
www.linkedin.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hi!

It's about time you got here.

Welcome aboard and thanks for helping us spread the word. If everything about you checks out we will in turn do the same. There are a lot of gray matter masters around here and they will be using it full tilt on this, trust me.

If not...

Jude11

edit on 7-4-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join