It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello, I'm an NSA Insider, and wow, do I have a story to tell

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: STTesc

He worked for the NSA before Snowden revealed much about it, therefore he may not have been aware of its nature until later on or slowly became aware of it over time.

Don't forget, before Snowden, people didn't believe the NSA was an intelligence-gathering organization.
edit on 07amTue, 07 Apr 2015 00:39:30 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Looking forward to see how this plays out. I just hope it isn't more disinformation and that like. There are many on here that will be doubting everything you say, but most will hope to see you become a very important part of the community.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, I look forward to your post and your book.

Apologies for being pragmatic. But I would like to know what your security clearance was, to better gauge what level of secrets you were privy to.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Welcome to the Mother Ship !

My question is , Is their anything new you can tell is about the NSA ?

Something maybe we didn't already know...

thanks!

And glad to have you aboard

Kap

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Hello and welcome! Thanks for offering to contribute as well as looking forward to it.

On a good note today has been a positive day for the further revealing of the surveillance state.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: greghansen

Welcome to our version of the nut house ! Hopefully you will be stimulated by all the different people who take the time to post.
You were recognized by DIRNSA for thwarting several cyber-attacks. I worked for a subset of that bunch long long ago. There are good people there but unfortunately they have their fair share of nut cases which seem to have loud voices for people who try to talk without moving their lips..

Anyway looking forward to your postings

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I have a lot of questions, but somehow I feel that many of the questions I would ask-that you would not be allowed to answer. It's good that you wrote the book, and what an impressive career.

I'm guessing that the current levels of data monitoring have gone far above and beyond what they were since the time you were employed there. I'm also guessing that data monitoring is not the only thing that the Agency is involved in. I have heard that the Agency can plant data on hard disks if they so choose, among many other abilities. Those ideas lead to a few questions:

What are ways that people can protect themselves, in the event that there is a criminal type that gets into the Agency? What are the best ways for people to protect themselves in general when browsing the internet and interwebs? I am guessing that this is not the Ask Me Anything session, so I will be posting this here so I remember to ask these questions in the future. I just picked from the questions that I thought you could safely answer. Thank you for coming to ATS.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I think this too. I forget where I have heard it before, though it instantly struck a chord. I think it was in a movie ripe with disinfo....that tit bit seemed true though.

It would be reasonable that there could be a way to record all internet traffic. IMO, it must have been easier before the volume went up after the 90s.

NOW, it must still be possible considering the talent and resources that must exist.

edit on 4 7 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Will be interesting to find out the real stories surrounding the NSA and HBGary.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: STTesc

I'm just curious, what type of person takes a job to spy on and sell out his own people? It's like those poor SS soldiers that were just doing their job. Are you proud of the fact that you were a traitor? And that now you have a venue to push your book down our throats? It's not good enough to simply enlighten people, you need to be paid on top of being a traitor?

No thank you. Keep your book.

You are quite out of touch with how the NSA works. It has many different people with many different jobs and duties and the spying on Americans part was highly compartmentalized so that the only ones who really knew at first that their true goal was in fact unconstitutional, were the ones at the very top of the ladder. Including of course Bush Sr. and Jr. and Obama since he doubled down on that and made it quite clear who the chief traitor really was.

That you didn't know at least this much before having a case of sudden verbal bathroom problems is pretty embarrassing to see.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS! I'm excited to hear what you are going to bring us and hope that you enjoy your time here.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

Hold off on the questions until we have the actual AMA. For now, just help Greg feel at home.

link   

I hope the digital edition of the book is successful. I wouldn't mind reading a physical copy if you get it published. I just might read the Kindle edition, because it looks interesting to me.

link   
Welcome to ATS. This is going to be interesting. We get hoaxers from time to time claiming to be an insider from this that or the other. It's nice to see we have the real deal now. I'm looking forward to seeing what you have to say.

link   

originally posted by: InFriNiTee
I have a lot of questions...

Again, this is not the AMA thread. As the opening post indicated, there will be one soon. Save your questions for that thread.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

I'm looking forward to reading more from you at a future date.

CdT

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: Kapusta

Hold off on the questions until we have the actual AMA. For now, just help Greg feel at home.

Rodger that sir.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
First off welcome aboard Greg

Im sure like most people on here I think its great we have a genuine insider to spill the beans, Good on ya

That said I got really excited as I assumed this was gonna be a Bernard Schnitzel thread and despite how cool it is to have you with us I cant help but feel a bit disappointed youre not Bernie

I hope you are active enough and here long enough that one day that name either makes you smile or cringe.

Looking forward to seeing what you have to tell us,

Cheers
edit on 7/4/2015 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: greghansen
My name is Greg Hansen, I'm a recovering NSA Insider.

I posted a limited introduction here, and also got ahead of myself by telling you about my book here. After spending some time with the site management, I was given permission to post links to my book again, more about that in a bit. But first, I was urged to give you a new introduction, with a little more detail.

Below is a short bio covering my last few years.

Until I was kicked off Leidos’s NANA contract I was a Senior Scientist with Leidos; San Antonio, TX (2004 - 2014)
I coordinated with the NSA site coordinator for cyber command in the development of conceptual process strategies for cross-agency collaboration for Cyber Intelligence Preparation of the Environment (CIPE) planning.
Notable Achievements:

Developed highly interactive analytical tool in 3 months with only 1 additional team member. Launch of live system attracted 300 users from multiple Intelligence Agencies and was recognized by DIRNSA for thwarting several cyber-attacks.

Saved millions in workforce expenses by reducing the need for 10 full time employees for project execution to less than 2.

Increased productivity more than 400% by automating rote analytical process with the adoption of programmatic interfaces to NSA software tools.

Received 2 Gold Standard Awards for outstanding cyber-intrusion work.

Recognized as Subject Matter Expert for system performance analysis of Technical SIGINT Information Factory (TSIF) modeling and simulation.

Prior to that I owned my own company Computer Aided Process Improvement (CAPI); Ponte Vedra Beach, FL (1993 – 2004)
I delivered consulting services to US Government entities and private commercial clients to increase organizational performance improve responsiveness to end users and clients and reduce operational costs. Accountable for annual budget oversight of $3M+. Major contracts included the National Security Agency (NSA), Defense Modeling and Simulation Office (DMSO), National Institute for Science and Technology (NIST), Management, Organizational and Business Improvement Services (MOBIS), Johnson & Johnson, LexisNexis, Veteran's Benefits Administration, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Constellation Brands and United States Postal Service.

Prior to that (going way back now) I worked at the SEI where I managed the process modeling and simulation projects.

In The Crosshairs: How I Became the Target of an NSA Power Struggle

While there are a few books published by NSA insiders there are none that that describe the internal squabbling that permeates the agency and the impact of the NSA culture on the Intelligence Community. It contains all the elements of a good spy novel - backroom politics, misappropriated funds, dubious contracting practices, scandals, guerrilla warfare, hostile takeovers and personal vendettas. One person who witnessed the events described in the book said, “I really think thrill seekers, conspiracy theorists, and generally hardworking Americans will want to read this—it's shrouded in so much mystery, people are craving any insight.”

Amazon.com

My book is about a sequence of events that happened over an eight year period. I had the unmitigated gall to create an extremely powerful tool for essentially no cost when another NSA organization asked for REDACTED BY NSA dollars. Let’s just say that I saved the agency a LOT of money. This, of course, created enemies for me. Ultimately I was set up and kicked out of the agency.

In the coming days, SkepticOverlord has arranged for ATS to receive and publish an exclusive sample chapter of my book for all to read. After that, I'll be open to an "Ask Me Anything" where we can talk my book and NSA experiences. And after that, I'll be sticking around.

Sir. I admire you for again not taking the stars and flags.. watched you introduce yourself.. get shot down by sauron. Restart..

Take some points here.. you're over 23 post.. ( that's 3 over Parr ) do it! take a stab.. open a post!
( I an in no way have any assosiation with the NRA building or office army Intel.. you got teeth and gums salivating... sell a book! It's OK now!

You got Skeptics backings.. you really can't get better than that..
edit on 7-4-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Skeptic.. if so .. let her rip!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join