It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This One Image Sums Up Exactly Why/How the Media is Rigged and it’s Terrifying.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Who is actually still watching the 6 O'clock news on TV anymore? Just wondering?

Even when people do watch the news on TV, they most often turn to various coverage spanning independent news, bloggers and non MSM media sources on the internet to validate and explore?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
Silly question this....maybe. Do any of you US folks who are "angry" at the MSM know that it is possible with the internet to access news from around the world written by non US owned companies and of a multitude of political biases. That way you garner the truth about a situation.........

Well if you didn't get the point of the video, it really doesn't matter what news you are watching as they all serve the same masters and put forth the same propaganda. It really wasn't that difficult to make that determination based on the fact the subject in the video is a German news reporter.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: ketsuko

You forgot to dig up the stats that about 70% of any newsroom identifies Democrat.

If that's true then how/why are so many Americans brainwashed by the right wing media??

Maybe they're not really brainwashed.

Only the Left makes that wild claim.

And I think the number is closer to 90% Democrat.

So the media is 90% Democrat?
The same media that supports banker bailouts?
The same media that focused on 1 out of thousands crapping on a cop car in OWS?
The same media that supports Free Trade Pacts and Globalism?

The Government opened up the gates to prop up Wall Street with Bail Outs and QE
OWS was against the Bail Outs, QE and corruption and yet were tarnished as "Democrats"?

Nope. Not buying it
The reality is $$$ is the top party.

Wall Street donated heavily to Obama. That would make Wall Street Bankers Democrats.
Absolute nonsense.

Look at all these Democrats

www.opensecrets.org...

Top Contributors to Obama
Goldman Sachs $1,013,091
JPMorgan Chase & Co $808,799
Citigroup Inc $736,771
Time Warner $624,618
Morgan Stanley $512,232
Latham & Watkins $503,295

Looks like Democrats say something and do something else doesn't it.

DaaHaHaHa

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Good semi-tangent deflection indeed on your part.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Ironic how that leaves Murdock and Fox as the lonesome 'independent'.

No wonder there's been no rebuttal as the usual would be how Fox is biased. Not that they're perfect, rather slanted the other way.

That same media is fully behind slamming the Indiana for their defense of religion act. They even have the biggest corporations intimidated. Wal-Mart came out with their 'concerns' about the act-notice they haven't been attacked of late?-if for no other reason than cover their own behinds.

Come out for the other side? Say the Koch brothers and you will see al kinds of slams to mere slights forthcoming. Anything on Soros? Never......

Forewarned is forearmed and ratings-wise, this has been known instinctively by the grass-roots.

The terrifying part is I can see no fix....

Kind of reminds me of the early days of Walesa in Poland. When the national news came on TV, everyone when for a walk. It was their way of protesting the pap they were being fed.

Thank you for this thread...

I am bipartisan and fully aware of the false dichotomy of left/right.

However, as someone who actually works in public policy and has three related degrees, and whom has worked abroad and all over the country, I can tell you that most of the world and half of the US views Fox News as the MOST biased and horrible. It's complete and utter junk most of the time. They even admitted to lying on air in a Florida court case.

Once someone knows for example what is actually happening in global affairs, then one can see immediately that Fox is pure propaganda. So is CNN, but to a lesser and more subtle degree.

When it comes to domestic economics, racism, religion, or history, Fox is WAY out there and full of >>>>.
edit on 3-4-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
With all this back and forth about "left-right", "democrat-republican"... I'm still trying to figure out if this is a news media thread or an American news media thread ?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
With all this back and forth about "left-right", "democrat-republican"... I'm still trying to figure out if this is a news media thread or an American news media thread ?

Yeah, I started it and still can't figure out where it's going.

As I mentioned tho, who cares about the "left-right", "democrat-republican" paradigm? It's all the same with only the illusion of choice to give us the illusion of control.

I'm sticking to that.

Jude11

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

If you are bi-partisan, I'm hop-a-long Cassidy.

I've seen your posts regularly and they are anything but bi-partisan.

The story you refer to was taken from one person..ONE.

The number that have been complete garbage from the left media makes Fox look like Mother Teresa.

Fox isn't perfect any more than the others, as I posted,....hello? The connection between the left media and the usual international outlets are also obvious, so spare the 'rest of the world' pap.

Finally, anyone who toots their own horn regarding 'degrees' or travel experience makes themselves suspect right off the bat.

Considering our Corporations and governments are run by those possessing these 'degrees', one might actually be embarrassed to even mention them....if one were wise, that is? (Subjunctive, of course.)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

It's all the same with only the illusion of choice to give us the illusion of control.

I'm sticking to that.

Heh heh.

Good luck with then, apparently it's gonna be an uphill battle trying to keep it on course.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

If you are bi-partisan, I'm hop-a-long Cassidy.

I've seen your posts regularly and they are anything but bi-partisan.

The story you refer to was taken from one person..ONE.

The number that have been complete garbage from the left media makes Fox look like Mother Teresa.

Fox isn't perfect any more than the others, as I posted,....hello? The connection between the left media and the usual international outlets are also obvious, so spare the 'rest of the world' pap.

Finally, anyone who toots their own horn regarding 'degrees' or travel experience makes themselves suspect right off the bat.

Considering our Corporations and governments are run by those possessing these 'degrees', one might actually be embarrassed to even mention them....if one were wise, that is? (Subjunctive, of course.)

Fox News talking points have been and are demonstrably proven wrong over and over again. Not all mind you. And yes, liberal mainstream media can be propaganda too, especially around domestic surveillance and foreign policy.

Also, i mention the degrees because I actually know the evidence on a lot of issues that are discussed in our media, especially foreign affairs or poverty issues. I don't just have the degrees but also professional experience in these fields. On some topics, once you know the evidence, you CAN judge whether a news outlet is more or less being accurate. Fox News fails too regularly, more so than even the other outlets. It is the absolute worst on foreign affairs. That is unfortunate, as too many people use it as their primary source of information.

Note that I do not think that Fox News is a spokes outlet for "real" conservatives nor that I can judge conservatives based on it. I am simply saying that for a multitude of reasons, it is the most propaganda-esque outlet.

Bi-partisan. What does that mean to you?

I am anti Republican and anti Democrat now days, because I think they both sold out. I lean left on a US scale but on a global scale it would put me dead center. Most people don't realize here in the US that actually the Democratic platform is considered on true left/right political scales by many center or even center right wing, NOT leftist. The Democratic platform is NOT true leftist, contrary to many Republican statements.

However, I believe in evidence-based policy making and beliefs. Sometimes conservatives have points and sometimes liberals do. It should ALWAYS be based on the brunt of evidence, not on ideology or comfort zones.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
what do they expect a person to think and feel when watching the media?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

If Fox is proven wrong over and over,

then it must the Big3 broadcast news stations that are failing to convince people to vote Left Wing.

Especially when 10 times more viewers watch the Big3.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

a reply to: amazing

I guess home, family, faith is still stronger than the boob tube in a lot of places.

But home, family and Faith are not the same as fear mongering, hate and big corporate profits. Why would you equate Fox with good morals, God and family and a good home? Right wing media is the furthest thing from Jesus's teachings.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Clinton and Bush had the same unemployment rates for virtually all of their presidencies and Clinton's economy was awesome while Bush's was constantly bad (not just at the very end).

Clinton had the fortune of being President during the birthing of this little thing called personal computing. Windows 95 ushered it all in along with PC for the masses and the internet.Anyone recall those awesome Packard-Bells for 3K? That was far more than say, a washer and dryer was worth. People were spending money all over buying "NEW" things. Heady times... this was when AOL bought Time Warner - yea AOL. The whole dot com thing was a gift that Clinton inherited simply for being President. Bush got the dot-com bubble burst and 9/11. We all seem to forget about these little things.

V

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Right wing media is the furthest thing from Jesus's teachings.

Left wing media is even further away isn't it.

edit on Apr-03-2015 by xuenchen because: [_boy oy oy ing ing_]77sunsetstrip

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

a reply to: amazing

I guess home, family, faith is still stronger than the boob tube in a lot of places.

But home, family and Faith are not the same as fear mongering, hate and big corporate profits. Why would you equate Fox with good morals, God and family and a good home? Right wing media is the furthest thing from Jesus's teachings.

You made that equivalency. I didn't.

I was actually thinking about my folks who have the basic three and see the main ABC, CBS, NBC and STILL "vote against their best interests" I believe is how you would put it.

In their case, it's all home, family and faith and the insistence that no one in DC or elsewhere knows their life and their problems and how to address them better than they do.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Variable

I am well aware of that.

My point is that the same unemployment rate for one president was wonderful and awesome, but the media then decided that for the entire presidency of the other the same rate meant the economy was in a death spiral.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The liberal media is my favorite boogeyman of right wing idiots.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Right wing media is the furthest thing from Jesus's teachings.

Left wing media is even further away isn't it.

edit on Apr-03-2015 by xuenchen because: [_boy oy oy ing ing_]77sunsetstrip

Nope. Listen to Hannity. Would Jesus whine and complain that much? Is whining and poor me a christian ideal? Then listen to Coulter and Limbaugh...they're just mean. Is being mean and insulting, antagonizing and making fun of people a Christian Ideal...would jesus do that? No.. Then listen to ORielly...is lying and smugness a Christian Ideal? Didn't think so either. Jesus wouldn't do that either.

There is no group of people anywhere that goes against the teachings of Jesus more, when lying about it and saying they aren't, then right wing media. The "Liberals" or "Left Wing" media, don't pretend to be good little Christians while hating and lying to our faces.

That's the difference.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rupertg

The liberal media is my favorite boogeyman of right wing idiots.

Well at least you understand that the media is liberal. There is hope for you yet.

V

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join