It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Starting--> Indiana Christian Pizzeria ATTACKED by gay lobby

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Turns out, looks like the whole thing has probably been orchestrated by Glenn Beck's "The Blaze" network.

Source - Addicting Info

A GoFundMe page, Support Memories Pizza, was set up by The Blaze the same day the pizza joint closed. Conservatives, eager to prove how much they hate liberals and gays, have been rushing to give them money.

This is such an obvious case of cynical manipulation that I’m literally in awe of the O’Connors and The Blaze.

But, we all know that Glenn Beck and his minions would NEVER be involved in anything sensational ... right?

/eyeroll
edit on 15Fri, 03 Apr 2015 15:53:34 -050015p032015466 by Gryphon66 because: noted

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
UPDATE:

From our old friends at ABC 57 News

Governor Pence signs clarification to Religious Freedom Restoration Act

The changes would prohibit businesses from using the law as a defense in court for refusing "to offer or provide services, facilities, use of public accommodations, goods, employment, or housing" to any customers based on "race, color, religion, ancestry, age, national origin, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or United States military service."

It doesn't accomplish what the law's critics wanted most: Adding sexual orientation to the list of categories protected by Indiana's anti-discrimination law.

But that debate, GOP legislators acknowledged, is coming soon. House Speaker Brian Bosma said the backlash against the religious freedom law has "opened many perspectives" and that the anti-discrimination law "needs to be discussed."

Indiana's rapid rush to change its controversial law comes as Republican governors in states like North Carolina and Georgia back away from similar proposals in their states.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Turns out, looks like the whole thing has probably been orchestrated by Glenn Beck's "The Blaze" network.

You just figured that out ??

The 1st link in the op story has a video from The Blaze !!!!!!

edit on Apr-03-2015 by xuenchen because: [__':'__]45oneover

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I really don't think the Right was expecting the backlash they got from this "Sneaky" discrimination bill.

Looks like it made others think twice.

Sounds like it will work in favor of supporting what they were trying to stop.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

You know damn well where most towns in the bible belt are located so do not even try to go there. Most towns in the bible belt are considered SOUTHERN,and most of them are small ones outside of the capitals of those states.

Who cares? Why would you and others care about that is beyond me. I was making a point about letting businesses discriminate does not mean they will go out of business.

And yes I have lived in the south and I have lived everywhere, both small and big towns.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I guess some remnant of belief in me that people could still be honest once in a while may have blocked that out.

Thanks for admitting that this whole thing was orchestrated by The Blaze though.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Georgia backed off it like they were walking on fire.

And our session is over for the year so ... maybe SCOTUS will weigh in before the next session.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

All in the eyes of the beholder.

(post by xuenchen removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
***ATTENTION***

There will be no linking to the GoFundMe page. Posts linking to that page will be removed, and if it continues enough, posting privileges will be in danger of being suspended.

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I really don't think the Right was expecting the backlash they got from this "Sneaky" discrimination bill.

Maybe but there is a show of force coming the other way to. Putting folks out of business, and in this case just for exercising their 1st amendment rights will and is creating backlash.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg

Yea He even dies for that teacher who said they should burn the place to the ground.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

You know damn well where most towns in the bible belt are located so do not even try to go there. Most towns in the bible belt are considered SOUTHERN,and most of them are small ones outside of the capitals of those states.

Who cares? Why would you and others care about that is beyond me. I was making a point about letting businesses discriminate does not mean they will go out of business.

And yes I have lived in the south and I have lived everywhere, both small and big towns.

Apparently We care because we are stero typed as being racist,bigots and homophobic heathens. In a business sure denying someone service for any reason except for theft or acting up isnt right.Anything that takes you OUTSIDE the businesses walls though should be up to a individual though. I know a way to solve this issue though. MAke it a national law if you cannot cater to everyone regardless of religion then you shall not cater. Would that satisfy you or would you demand more?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Apparently We care because we are stero typed as being racist,bigots and homophobic heathens.

Let's forget about that. It has nothing to do with my point.

The point is that letting businesses discriminate does not mean they will go out of business.

Clear now?

MAke it a national law if you cannot cater to everyone regardless of religion then you shall not cater. Would that satisfy you or would you demand more?

Why would that satisfy me? Why would I want to demand more? We ALREADY have law that businesses can not discriminate.
edit on 4/3/2015 by Deaf Alien because: grammar

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Ahhh ya ok.

as for the law though,yes but does it specifically say that situation? need to add that to it apparently.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: Annee

Maybe but there is a show of force coming the other way to. Putting folks out of business, and in this case just for exercising their 1st amendment rights will and is creating backlash.

Your first amendment rights says you can believe what you want.

It doesn't say you can act on it to deny others rights.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
How easily Christians forget how persecuted they have been in history and still are. Maybe then they wouldn't feel compelled to persecute others like this. Yes it's just about pizza(which might not even be that good, they could be doing the gay community a favor
)
Money is green. How foolish is a business to turn down money? They choose to turn away those who are openly gay but will accept money from thieves, sexual predators, murders, ect. They never said this but they might as well because while they focus so much on who their customer is sleeping with they could easily be rendering service to someone who is the scum of society and humanity. I'm pretty sure they would be really upset if they were refused service for being Christian, so why do the same thing to others.
People should just live and let live. You don't like homosexuality? Don't be one. You don't like gay marriage? Don't have one. Let people lead the private lives that make them happy as long as it doesn't compromise the health and well being of others.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

edit on 4-4-2015 by chibistevie because: accidental duplicate post

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I hardly expected moral relativism and situational ethics from you, Xuenchen.

That's some pretty subtle Marxist doctrine in action there, my friend, maybe even a little Alinsky!

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37 >>

join