It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions on the origins of the Palestinian people

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
First off I want to say that I ask thsee questions with all sincerity and I am not trying to push some hidden agenda . It is my hope that someone may be able to help give some history on how things became the way they are today.

Now I did spend some time searching this topic and did find some heavy bias options on both sides of the coin and I am hoping by way of this post I might gain some insight over looked with the bits of info that I did manage to find .

I was wondering, what is the difference between a Palestinian and an Arab?

Also, at the end of WW1 when the Ottoman empire handed " Palestine" over to Great Britain and Jordan was formed how did the Palestinians fair at that time ?

Thanks in advance for any info you have to offer .

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Two interesting links I did find ... en.wikipedia.org... en.wikipedia.org...

And here are some links that may be seen as bias www.fsmitha.com...
www.imninalu.net...
edit on 31-3-2015 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Max_TO

Well a Palestinian may be of Arab descent, Persian descent, Jewish descent etc...

So that's the difference.

As for how did they fair...
Pretty well, until it was carved up and they were displaced & "cleansed".

But I have a feeling where this thread is heading, so I'll bow out now.

Just thought you should know the first bit to be honest.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Can you post please some links to show where you found this infromation that you are referencing ? And no, I am not being cynical . I am very interested in finding out as much factual information on the history of how all this came about .

And to be clear, this by no means is an attempt to make one side , Jewish or Palestinian " more right " then the other .

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Levantines, Mediterraneans, Canaanites, Sea Peoples, Middle Eastern: Semitic peoples: Philistines, Ashkenazim, Sephardim, Mizrahim, Samaritans, Arabs, Assyrians

So take your pick...

Depends who they descend from that will relay their ethnicity...

A majority are supposedly Arabs.
edit on 31-3-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

From this link. Science.co

In recent history the area called Palestine includes the territories of present day Israel and Jordan (see map above. For earlier history of the term see article). From 1517 to 1917 most of this area remained under the rule of the Ottoman Empire.

Ottoman Empire was dissolved at the end of World War I. Its successor, modern republic of Turkey, transferred Palestine to British Empire control under the Lausanne agreement that followed WW I.

In 1917 Great Britain issued the Balfour Declaration for "the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people". In 1922 Britain allocated nearly 80% of Palestine to Transjordan. Thus, Jordan covers the majority of the land of Palestine under British Mandate. Jordan also includes the majority of the Arabs who lived there. In other words, Jordan is the Arab portion of Palestine. The residents of Palestine are called "Palestinians". Since Palestine includes both modern day Israel and Jordan both Arab and Jewish residents of this area were referred to as "Palestinians"..

It was only after the Jews re-inhabited their historic homeland of Judea and Samaria, that the myth of an Arab Palestinian nation was created and marketed worldwide. Jews come from Judea, not Palestinians. There is no language known as Palestinian, or any Palestinian culture distinct from that of all the Arabs in the area. There has never been a land known as Palestine governed by Palestinians. "Palestinians" are Arabs indistinguishable from Arabs throughout the Middle East. The great majority of Arabs in greater Palestine and Israel share the same culture, language and religion.

Much of the Arab population in this area actually migrated into Israel and Judea and Samaria from the surrounding Arab countries in the past 100 years. The rebirth of Israel was accompanied by economic prosperity for the region. Arabs migrated to this area to find employment and enjoy the higher standard of living. In documents not more than hundred years, the area is described as a scarcely populated region. Jews by far were the majority in Jerusalem over the small Arab minority. Until the Oslo agreement the major source of income for Arab residents was employment in the Israeli sector. To this day, many Arabs try to migrate into Israel with various deceptions to become a citizen of Israel.

Even the Chairman of the Palestinian Authority, Arafat himself, is not a "Palestinian". He was born in Egypt. The famous "Palestinian covenant" states that Palestinians are "an integral part of the Arab nation" -- a nation which is blessed with a sparsely populated land mass 660 times the size of tiny Israel (Judea, Samaria and Gaza included).

Israel will let 'Palestinians' immigrate, but Jordan will not. Go figure.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Thanks good bit of info there .

You also made reference to how they once lived in relative peace . Do you have any links showing how the people in this region did live just before and just after WW1 ?

I have not had much luck finding info outlining that time point, other then the one link I posted , however it may be biased and I would like to read more on the subject .

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Many Jews that were living in Palestine protested the creation of Israel to league of nations as they were living in harmony with Muslums before zionism turned their friendship into fear. The protests from original Palestinian Jews are recorded at sites like truetorahjews.org.

But today I personally don't think the original owners of land nor their dna is really an issue because its clear from books (The Jews of Iraq etc) that both the Jews and Palestinians have been manipulated through history by a political force (zionist) that was only interested in greed and power.

The best hope we can have is that Palestinians can be given a chance to live a free and happy life which is impossible under current zionist domination. That Jews can free themselves from a political force that uses fear and propaganda to remain in power.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I did see that link while searching this topic, but sadly they don't realy reference any material .

Would have been nice if they had of linked some of their source material for others to see .

But I do thank you for posting and the article is interesting as it does lead to some good searing points .

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Ill look for reference links, post when I find them.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Roughly speaking, the Palestinians are those Arabs who reside (or resided, before the displacements occasioned by the 1967 war) in the area which the 20th century United Nations mandate defined as "Palestine".
I doubt if there was much distinction, pre-1967, between the Arabs on the two sides of the river. They were just the kingdom of Jordan.
However, the kingdom was originally formed without the West Bank, which came to it as a result of the 1948 war which divided up the mandate Palestine.

edit on 1-4-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Demographics (1517 - Present) -Jewish & Non-Jewish Population of Israel/Palestine

Sources given for this information found on website:

Israel in the Middle East: Documents and Readings on Society, Politics, and Foreign Relations, Pre-1948 to the Present, Ed. by Itamar Rabinovich and Jehuda Reinharz, Brandeis University Press, Waltham, Mass., 2008. (pp.571-572)

Year 1517

Jews 5,000

Non-Jews 295,000

Total Population ~300,000

% Jewish 1.7%

_________

Year 1946

Jews 543,000

Non-Jews 1,267,037

Total Population 1,810,037
% Jewish 30.0%

Year 1948

Jews 716,700

Non-Jews 156,000

Total Population 872,700

% Jewish 82.1%

_________

Year 2014

Jews 6,102,000

Non-Jews 2,488,000

Totsl Population 8,132,000

% Jewish 75.2%

Information taken from www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
With the whole area united by culture , religion, and ethnicity, an Arab thinks of moving from one Arab country to another like Americans think of moving from state to state, and they will often do so if they have a reason.
a reply to: stosh64

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
In the meantime, Muslims are about to slaughter Palestinians.

ISIS fighters clash with Palestinians in refugee camp in Damascus, activists say

Source

Lets watch if there is world outrage.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

ISIS fighters clash with Palestinians in refugee camp in Damascus, activists say

Source

I think we would all agree the whole world is already disgusted and outraged at ISIS. But don't let that stop you trying to make some sort of twisted statement.

ETA Come to think of it, is ISIS really the yardstick you want to hold Israel up to?
edit on 1-4-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

Source

I think we would all agree the whole world is already disgusted and outraged at ISIS. But don't let that stop you trying to make some sort of twisted statement.

ETA Come to think of it, is ISIS really the yardstick you want to hold Israel up to?

If there is no outrage of equal proportions then it is all about anti Semitism and has nothing to do with Palestinians.
Watching and waiting to see the level of outrage, what is wrong with that?

The yardstick up against the Israel bashers to see if they are fair and balanced in their outrage. We should be seeing Universities erupting, diplomats pushing UN statements steadily, and talking heads on every network expressing the plight of the Palestinians 24/7 for at least a month after these events.
edit on 1-4-2015 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Source

If there is no outrage of equal proportions then it is all about anti Semitism and has nothing to do with Palestinians.

So Israel is on par with ISIS in your eyes? Simple question yes or no?

I already told you the world is disgusted and outraged at ISIS but you just ignored it.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Source

So Israel is on par with ISIS in your eyes?

No ISIS are much much worse, but they will get ignored while Israel got demonized to no end.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Source

So Israel is on par with ISIS in your eyes?

No ISIS are much much worse, but they will get ignored while Israel got demonized to no end.

The why compare Israel to them? I already said the world hates them, you are comparing them.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

When ISIS have been around for 68 years doing this daily...

& even then if there is a lack of outrage (yawn)...

Then you might be able to claim anti-Semitism!

Better yet, when Ashkenazi Europeans become Semitic people...
That's when it'll be about anti-Semitism.

Ashkenazis crying about anti-Semitism is like the KKK screaming racism against black people affects them.
edit on 1-4-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-4-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Letters missing!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join