It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guide to the FLAT EARTH

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: NNN87

The plane isn't. The Air Traffic Controllers that track the flight are getting the data from satellites. Private websites don't.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: thesneakiod

sigh - here is a challenge - get a friend you trust to draw 2 lines at right angles [ 90 degrees ]

one :

1275 mm long . the second 1271 mm long

then see if you can honestly tell which line is longest while standing 3m away

then you should realise that your expectation to " detect the oblateness of the earth " from a photo is utterly assanine

But even calling it oblate and making a point of it, isn't?

Funny btw, some time back you had this to say.

as a have previously stated - the oblate spheroid model is congruent with ALL observation

Off course, this was before someone schooled you on the matter......

edit on 12/20/2016 by FlatBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The plane isn't. The Air Traffic Controllers that track the flight are getting the data from satellites. Private websites don't.

You are right about flight radar making use of the aviation equivalent of AIS but air traffic control isn't satellite based at all. They use transponders and radars.

GPS has no capability to determine the position that receivers are generating. All of the calculation is on the receiver side. GPS isn't as complex as people think. All it does really is broadcast signals at precise time intervals along with the ephemeris data that tells the receiver where in space the satellites are at any given time. The receiver essentially measures the time difference between broadcast and reception of the time signal to calculate distance using distance=speedxtime. Each satellite therefore gives a sphere of possible position and multiple spheres resolve to a fix.

As a seafarer who has crossed every ocean on the globe in both the north and south hemisphere I can tell you there are no areas where GPS coverage doesn't exist. The nature of the satellite constellation doesn't leave gaps.

Satellite tracking is a great way to confirm our spherical earth by the way. It's something NNN should try.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: cheesyleps

Some ADS-B systems are satellite based. Many are radio based, but there are several that use satellites.

aireon.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FlatBastard

But even calling it oblate and making a point of it, isn't?

no i is ACCURATE - an important distinction that that ATS member was attempting to avoid

Off course, this was before someone schooled you on the matter......

no one has " schooled " me - you and others have parafed yor dishonesty and delusions - but thats it

i stand by all my statements - thought i could ad the caveat honest and competant observations - to exclude certain claims

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Thank God flat-Earthers aren't as prevalent as young-Earthers.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Take a look at the shape of every other object in the solar system, they're round.

Why would the Earth be the only one that's flat.

Please explain to me how the FLAT Earth would even form, and how it would have a core and a magnetic field?

Go up in an airplane, and look at the horizon. It's CURVED. How does this happen if it's flat ?

The are conspiracy theories, then there are idiotic theories. This falls squarely in the idiotic category.

Just a reminder - if you're wasting time on stuff like this, you're NOT investigating what's really happening.

And a heads up to all you Donald Trump supporters - MIKE PENCE believes in this.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
Take a look at the shape of every other object in the solar system, they're round.

Why would the Earth be the only one that's flat.

Please explain to me how the FLAT Earth would even form, and how it would have a core and a magnetic field?

Go up in an airplane, and look at the horizon. It's CURVED. How does this happen if it's flat ?

The are conspiracy theories, then there are idiotic theories. This falls squarely in the idiotic category.

Just a reminder - if you're wasting time on stuff like this, you're NOT investigating what's really happening.

And a heads up to all you Donald Trump supporters - MIKE PENCE believes in this.

Are you investigating? You guys are expecting some complicated answers when all of the observations you speak of, can be debunked, and again, what in the lands name do airplanes have to do with the shape of our home?? It could be square for crying out loud and you can make the distance work, its absolutely irrelevant, i wanna know why am i able to see objects beyond the horizons limit which should be there, but it isn't.

I have been in planes, on mountains and at the edge of oceans, what curvature are you talking about? I never seen it, and i am a huge sci-fi fan, i love space. But as an ordinary human being i am limited to my own senses, i do not and cannot see ''planets'' lights yes, but solid objects nope. Even through an admittedly cheap telescope, what do other celestial object's have to do with us? I can't go and smell them, touch, hear or see in person for my self, all i have is images and videos just like you, other than that i have never seen a planet.

I think if today's science, not all of it but most, as a new kind of religion. You believe things you have no personal experience with, you are told something, and you have faith in it, that all you are exposed to is a matter of fact, and you make out everything to be so complicated when they are so much mire simple and modest. A world created for the purpose of creating, and this new ''science'' religion is just as bad as the rest, based and consumption and the elimination of evolution.

Constantly wasting resources, honestly really usefully resources and talents, not to mention the budgets and wealth that go into what? Finding a new home, we got one, that money and precious resources could be spent on health, infrastructure, military benefits for retired soldiers, sustainable agriculture, i can keep going for days and the space agencies will continue to fire rockets into the sky.
what a great way to spend our greatest talent.
edit on 20-12-2016 by NNN87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Planes have a lot to do with the shape of the earth. The most direct path between two cities is the Great Circle Route. A flight from LA, to Tokyo will go northwest, up near the Aleutian Islands, and back down to Tokyo. If the earth was flat, then it would takeoff from LA, and go in a straight line to Tokyo instead.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

your flawerd expectations are your problem - not ours

a hypothetical observer in on a boat // ship in mid ocea, [ 1000km from any land ] would see a flat horizon in all directions

this is because the horizon is the same distance from his view point which ever direction he looks

its that simple

PS - ypu keep re-iterating the notion of perspective and vanishing point - as if this some how calidates your delusion

now answer a simple question - are rail tracks parralel or not ?

they APPEAR to converge in the distance - but thats simply an illusion

you are conflating this illision with reality - unless .........................

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Planes have a lot to do with the shape of the earth. The most direct path between two cities is the Great Circle Route. A flight from LA, to Tokyo will go northwest, up near the Aleutian Islands, and back down to Tokyo. If the earth was flat, then it would takeoff from LA, and go in a straight line to Tokyo instead.

But their programming still gives them north as the reference point, they just be making a semi or half or some dare takers a full circle, creating the impression of the same distance as on a globe accounting for curvature, but i reckon north and south would be showing visible differences, but there are to many variables, those are extremely high traffic areas, to many delays and such things as weather what not. To hard to tell they are always different.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

You just answered the question, yes objects seem to converge together, and become so small no longer visible due to perspective, ALL objects, has nothing to do with curvature as far as i can see.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

About those observations (other thread) by many ancient astrologers and even poets, many wise men. But the funny thing is, how i wish they all used a telescope on the ground or even simple binoculars.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Delays and North and South have nothing to do with the fact that flying a curved path is the shorter distance than going in a straight line.

www.flightradar24.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

actually navigation of a flat earth - does not work - here :

the attempt to sail from plymouth [ UK ] to georgetown guianna using " flat earth maps :

as you sail south and west - the direction of north on the flat eatch changes - ooops

and maintaining a compass bearing sends you off on a will goose chase [ pink line ]

however in the real world - compass bearings get you where you intend to go :

flat earth delusion fails again

PS - we could dedicate an entire thread to that flat earth map - and what it gets wrong - the size of australia is hysterical

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Delays and North and South have nothing to do with the fact that flying a curved path is the shorter distance than going in a straight line.

www.flightradar24.com...

But they are not going in a straight line, i just said that, imagine the equidistant projection, the plane is a needle, which is connected to the north as its only and any adventures guide east, west and south. Move said plane needle hehe, from lets say Florida to Japan, you would draw a circle.

On a globe that circular path is no longer valid due to curvature (would someone explain to me why i cannot see it please?)

On a flat surface the curvature illusion is created by north being the reference point to all other directions, where east and west would be traveled in a circular motion naturally.

Its that simple, i cannot define it or articulate it beyond that.
edit on 20-12-2016 by NNN87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Have you ever been in an airplane or on a ship at sea? You'd immediately know the Earth is round...
edit on 12-20-2016 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

If you put a straight line between two places on a globe, it becomes a curved line. On a flat earth, if you drew your line from Florida to Japan, it would be a straight line. If you drew that line on a globe, it becomes a curved line.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer

Have you ever been in an airplane?

Yeah, plenty of times, interesting observation is that the horizon is at eye lvl considering being at such a high altitude, the center of the glass or window is best for this, the windows are shaped in a way i noticed where if you go below the center the horizon bends up, and at adult hight it bends as we assume it would, down, but at the center, flat.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

If you put a straight line between two places on a globe, it becomes a curved line. On a flat earth, if you drew your line from Florida to Japan, it would be a straight line. If you drew that line on a globe, it becomes a curved line.

What in the name of all deities are you talking about drawing lines on maps for, were talking about objects that are real in motion, experiencing a phenomena that can be explained by two different yet in some aspects same models, what do imaginary drawing of the lines
have to do with actual paths that are taken? Because i can draw some Damon good lines all day, has nothing to do with the shape of our home.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join