It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guide to the FLAT EARTH

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: NNN87

sigh - it is claim,ed to be an " accurrate flat earth map " - by - wait for this - flat earthers - i am unsure how much more dishonest you can be

as for your " sightings " your methodolgy is flawed and your integrity apparent

How our my observations flawed? I observed a ship leave, waiting for it to go over the horizon and it did as i expected then i used my binoculars and could see the ship in full breaking water beyond the curvature limit, how do you think i feel, i love space, Rogue One was amazing.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
that's funny, because that's not how I see ships disappear over the horizon every single day at work. with a telescope no less!

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

what is the distance :

a london ? new york ??

b sao paulo > johannasburg ???

as for the accyracy of that map - it fails spectacularly with the distance from perth australia to sydeney australia

and a laundry list of others

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MasterAtArms
that's funny, because that's not how I see ships disappear over the horizon every single day at work. with a telescope no less!

What is the hight of your observations? And how far is your target distance from your location? Also, what is the height of your target?

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

what is the distance :

a london ? new york ??

b sao paulo > johannasburg ???

as for the accyracy of that map - it fails spectacularly with the distance from perth australia to sydeney australia

and a laundry list of others

You are failing to understand something repeatedly, so i am going to spend time typing it once more.

An accurate map for distance does not exist for ANY model, those things are irrelevant, there is no accurate way of measuring it, flight times differ by an hour sometimes more for most flights, how many bloody times do i have to give you the same answer? Its irrelevant!!

You are literally drawing imaginary lines then saying, there see, how does that work? As i said, i can also draw lines all day, do you have any personal experience on those flights, and do you have personal experience in knowing exactly where the plane was or its exact route on the way to its destination?

What are you doing? Its irrelevant, there, i typed it in one more time.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

About 60ft above sea level. On the coast. OPen sea to the horizon.

Big ships. Little Ships. Cruise LIners. Military ships. Even submarines.

oh and as well as that, going the other way. Was on a cruise ship coming home from france. Saw the top of Smeatons tower (landmark of Plymouth, UK) which it about 250ft above sea level at the top. As we got closer could see more and more of it until the whole thing, was eventually visible

edit on 21-12-2016 by MasterAtArms because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

About 60ft above sea level. On the coast. OPen sea to the horizon.

Big ships. Little Ships. Cruise LIners. Military ships. Even submarines.

oh and as well as that, going the other way. Was on a cruise ship coming home from france. Saw the top of Smeatons tower (landmark of Plymouth, UK) which it about 250ft above sea level at the top. As we got closer could see more and more of it until the whole thing, was eventually visible

Wow, that's pretty neat, submarines eh, that's something you never see in my neck of the woods.
so lets use the 60ft as height and target distance roughly? 50km? The horizon line, where the object would start to go over the horizon should be at a distance of about 15 km, at the target distance of 50 km there is a curvature drop of 310feet, if you were to locate that ship or object with a telescope or further zoom, technically it should be berries under 300feet of curvature, but i have tried that, and i can see the object, even if it stands at a say 100feet i still should not be able to see it.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

how did you know your target was 50km away?

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

but the distances between 2 points do exist - so - give them

there is an accurate map - the globe

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

If you are so convinced of this, why don't you setup a livestream webcam. There are now several options available for attachment to a telescope or binoculars or other optical enhancement device. it isn't even expensive.

Set it up on your favourite costal viewing spot. Give us GPS Coordinates. Get a friend or hire a boat to sail out to the horizon in view, with satellite transmission of their coordinates so we can verify distance.

If you can provide a verifiable video of > ~20 KM (dependant on viewing height) full object viewing I will, on twitch, eat my left testicle.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

how did you know your target was 50km away?

No i was just making on assumption as to what you said, i dont know what your target distance was you did not provide one.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

If you are so convinced of this, why don't you setup a livestream webcam. There are now several options available for attachment to a telescope or binoculars or other optical enhancement device. it isn't even expensive.

Set it up on your favourite costal viewing spot. Give us GPS Coordinates. Get a friend or hire a boat to sail out to the horizon in view, with satellite transmission of their coordinates so we can verify distance.

If you can provide a verifiable video of > ~20 KM (dependant on viewing height) full object viewing I will, on twitch, eat my left testicle.

No need for such complications, just binoculars, and a reference point like an island which my area has over 30 thousand of them, no need for GPS just a local map of islands for distance, and no, i will jot show you a video, you have eyes, and apparently the same tools as i do, so your as capable as me to go and tell me what in the hell is going.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

so, you refuse to prove your claims then. a standard FE believer response. I am using the same tools as you, and never, ever, have I fully resolved any object beyond the round earth horizon. Why don't you find me a video on youtube that proves it instead? could you at least do that?

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

why were you making assumptions on my behalf? that completely undoes your argument.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

why were you making assumptions on my behalf? that completely undoes your argument.

Then provide me with a target distance, i only did s as an example of how much curvature one should be observing, and i apologized for doing so, if it wouldn't be to much trouble i would like to know the actuall target distance.

About the videos, that would be against what i believe in though, if i am to trust flat earth videos then i am just as inclined to believe the globe earth we are shown in videos and pictures.

If you trust videos and pictures above your own senses then i cannot stop you from doing your own research and choosing your own sources you trust,the inly source i have is me, sorry to disappoint.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: NNN87

If you trust videos and pictures above your own senses then i cannot stop you from doing your own research and choosing your own sources you trust,the inly source i have is me, sorry to disappoint.

then what does your sense tell you about the sun and the moon sinking beneath the horizon??

if you want to claim mountains and such are in the way then you being near the sea are being intellectually dishonest.

also what is the flight time from say western australia to argentina??
i know that a flight from melbourne (south eastern australia) to hong kong takes about 9 hours.. if i extrapolate that time to cover that distance and use it as a guide for a flight from western australia to southern argentina we are looking at a flight time of about 27 hours.. is the flight time 27 hours for such a route in reality? can an aircraft even fly for 27hours straight using your sense?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheDon

All these flat earth videos are the same.

The same old falsities are presented every time including the good ol' "perspective" "evidence" of the sun and the moon that are supposedly not really orbiting but going around us and supposedly all we are seeing is the effect of perspective. To the uneducated these ideas seem smart, clever and convincing. To people who think further then what they are being presented and enjoyed some basic education in math and physics it is a great laugh and easily debunked point for point.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

To people who think further then what they are being presented and enjoyed some basic education in math and physics it is a great laugh and easily debunked point for point.

This poster has no idea folks .... mathematics and physics are just random anomalies easily explained by the Mandela affect...anyhow carry on...

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   

i also always like how on youtube in the comments section they challenge you to bring up photo's of satellites in space because according to them there are none. When you do they say those were made in a pool. Also all data from the ISS comes from 1 plane they say.

Just imagine having to fake our sattelite system and things like ISS and on top of that create all these fake reports and observations in space and theory's around them and everyone on earth who uses some sort of telescope and the entire world hiding the fact that the north pole is actually a ringed wall of ice surrounding us and being protected by navy vessels everywhere and the planets being a projection in the sky together with the stars,

and all that being kept a secret for hundreds of years.
Imagine that for a second instead of imagining a flat earth

I had quite a few discussions with flat earthers and they usually dont take long because they start throwing insults the moment they are cornered in a argument (which is why it never takes long before they start doing that). They often come up with "Show me a real picture of a globe earth in space!"

To which i respond "Show me a real picture of a flat earth hanging in nothingness first"

I have yet to see one return to the conversation after that.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoThu, 22 Dec 2016 05:40:15 -060016201612America/Chicago by everyone because: TYPO

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

To people who think further then what they are being presented and enjoyed some basic education in math and physics it is a great laugh and easily debunked point for point.

This poster has no idea folks .... mathematics and physics are just random anomalies easily explained by the Mandela affect...anyhow carry on...

Let me guess, you graduated at ACME right?

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join