It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
actually fur and hair are chemically the same. Most people make the difference between themselves and their pets.
But their is no difference chemically speaking. We humans say its different to separate ourselves from animals.
However like most or all humans were totally wrapped up in our own self proclaimed superiority.
originally posted by: coomba98
if that was the case then Eskimo's would turn white. But they havnt.
I agree they do have white people in their culture, but how many 100's years of interbreeding has occurred.
Yeah i know of that empire, but again olive skin and black hair. Its not an opinion its fact. There are no
paintings or art that depicts white man being the prevalent race of that culture.
Also if a white family moves to these areas and have kids with another white person than that kid would be 'white' and their nationality would be where they were born. I think your picture examples lie in this area.
Proper Irans/Persians have olive skin and dark hair. You cant use todays Irans/Persians due to families of all races intermingling.
Im an Aussie and im sure I can find you an Aussie that is Asian, African or Indian where their parents where born here and their parents. They are Aussies!
Got any ancient pictures?
Yeah not looking at how white man became white, its obvious a whole culture evolved this way, but what was that culture?
maxzen2004, my guess is the climate has been getting warmer and warmer for that last 12,000 years. Before that was an ice age where we no doubt evolved to grow more hair. Probably been happening for ever. We grow hair when needed and loose it when we dont. Plus having cloths could slow down or prevent this evolution from occuring.
6. The Six Sangik Races of Urantia
1. The red man. These peoples were remarkable specimens of the human race, in many ways superior to Andon and Fonta. They were a most intelligent group and were the first of the Sangik children to develop a tribal civilization and government. They were always monogamous; even their mixed descendants seldom practiced plural mating.
About eighty-five thousand years ago the comparatively pure remnants of the red race went en masse across to North America, and shortly thereafter the Bering land isthmus sank, thus isolating them. No red man ever returned to Asia. But throughout Siberia, China, central Asia, India, and Europe they left behind much of their stock blended with the other colored races.
2. The orange man. The outstanding characteristic of this race was their peculiar urge to build, to build anything and everything, even to the piling up of vast mounds of stone just to see which tribe could build the largest mound. Though they were not a progressive people, they profited much from the schools of the Prince and sent delegates there for instruction.
The orange race was the first to follow the coast line southward toward Africa as the Mediterranean Sea withdrew to the west. But they never secured a favorable footing in Africa and were wiped out of existence by the later arriving green race.
3. The yellow man. The primitive yellow tribes were the first to abandon the chase, establish settled communities, and develop a home life based on agriculture. Intellectually they were somewhat inferior to the red man, but socially and collectively they proved themselves superior to all of the Sangik peoples in the matter of fostering racial civilization. Because they developed a fraternal spirit, the various tribes learning to live together in relative peace, they were able to drive the red race before them as they gradually expanded into Asia.
4. The green man. The green race was one of the less able groups of primitive men, and they were greatly weakened by extensive migrations in different directions. Before their dispersion these tribes experienced a great revival of culture under the leadership of Fantad, some three hundred and fifty thousand years ago.
The green race split into three major divisions: The northern tribes were subdued, enslaved, and absorbed by the yellow and blue races. The eastern group were amalgamated with the Indian peoples of those days, and remnants still persist among them. The southern nation entered Africa, where they destroyed their almost equally inferior orange cousins.
5. The blue man. The blue men were a great people. They early invented the spear and subsequently worked out the rudiments of many of the arts of modern civilization. The blue man had the brain power of the red man associated with the soul and sentiment of the yellow man. The Adamic descendants preferred them to all of the later persisting colored races.
6. The indigo race. As the red men were the most advanced of all the Sangik peoples, so the black men were the least progressive. They were the last to migrate from their highland homes. They journeyed to Africa, taking possession of the continent, and have ever since remained there except when they have been forcibly taken away, from age to age, as slaves.
originally posted by: redhorse
Fair skin helps with vitamin D absorption from the sun, which is in short supply at Northern latitudes that may also be prone to frequently overcast conditions and... it's cold so people are more covered. It's just an adaptation to get as much from the sun as we can get in those conditions. Generally, (although there are exceptions) the further north you go when looking at origin populations the more white skin is selected for, and the paler the general population becomes.
Edited to Add:
My husband liked the space theory. He says white people come from mars where the pale skin reflected more of the suns rays that came through the thinner atmosphere. The lower gravity also explains why we can't jump.
originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
a reply to: calstorm
Yes, all primates - those in pictures you included have hair not fur.
Primates are mammals that share the following characteristics:
hair instead of fur
fingernails instead of claws
higher brain-to-body size ratio/high level of intelligence
prehensility (ability to grasp with fingers and/or toes)
padded digits with fingerprints
binocular vision i.e. both eyes focus on one object (depth perception)
reduced olfactory sense and dependent on vision more than smell
originally posted by: NeoSpace
I think we white people really did come from Mars, im no doctor or anything but the darker the skin the more protection from the suns rays right, the sun rays on Mars would be alot weaker so not as much protection would be needed.