It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists and Agnostics don't believe in God but want spread their nothing word

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

They may not share the same image of what faith means to you, mystery isn't dead after all.It's a golden opportunity to help build some bridges and share experiences or the principles that stand behind your understanding.The illusion is, that is easier to share the personal experiences of gifts and grace the universe has shown us, with those who sympathize with one's given religion.

I feel everyone can be inspired from those who overcame different challenges and the tools they used to get there.If it works for you, it could work for them.Look at it as an chance to learn to better express yourself, using empathy.The trick is to practice coming from a loving perspective, and having your points come without being lost in translation...
edit on 2-4-2015 by dffrntkndfnml because: grammer

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy

Do religious people not live for today? Making the most of life?

No. They don't. Most of the religious people I know are living for the "End of the World" and "Heavenly Reward". What they do, they do for the purpose of being rewarded by God in Heaven, and/or to avoid punishment. I've even had Christians confess that if it weren't for God, they'd have no reason not to rape, murder and pillage.

That's not preaching "Atheism" that's just bashing religion.

Some religion NEEDS bashing. For example, in my opinion it's entirely immoral and dangerous to teach kids this stuff:

It's equally immoral to teach children that they're born corrupt and in need of salvation. It's wicked to teach children that they're own inner moral compass, and/or that knowledge and wisdom in general are but filthy rags in God's eyes. It's unconscionable to tell children that beloved friends and relatives are going to be tortured by Satan, in Hell, forever, because they don't believe in biblical stories.

It's better for people to absolutely walk away from and reject religion 100%, than to accept the disease and promotion of self hatred, wherein exists NO truth.

If God exists, it will be manifest to the sincere seeker, without religion.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

To say some religions need bashing is to imply that some don't.

So rather than encouraging people to 'absolutely walk away from and reject religion 100%', why not encourage then to switch from a religion that needs bashing to one that doesn't.

👣

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

To say some religions need bashing is to imply that some don't.

I was trying to be delicate.

So rather than encouraging people to 'absolutely walk away from and reject religion 100%', why not encourage then to switch from a religion that needs bashing to one that doesn't.

I don't know of a single religion that doesn't deserve "bashing". Isn't it better to walk away from it all, reject every doctrine 100%, and take a look at "it" from a distance? Clean slate, and all that! Genuine and sincere seekers will find what they need.

edit on 2-4-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Do religious people not live for today? Making the most of life?

No. They don't. Most of the religious people I know are living for the "End of the World" and "Heavenly Reward". What they do, they do for the purpose of being rewarded by God in Heaven, and/or to avoid punishment. I've even had Christians confess that if it weren't for God, they'd have no reason not to rape, murder and pillage.

That's not preaching "Atheism" that's just bashing religion.

Some religion NEEDS bashing. For example, in my opinion it's entirely immoral and dangerous to teach kids this stuff:

It's equally immoral to teach children that they're born corrupt and in need of salvation. It's wicked to teach children that they're own inner moral compass, and/or that knowledge and wisdom in general are but filthy rags in God's eyes. It's unconscionable to tell children that beloved friends and relatives are going to be tortured by Satan, in Hell, forever, because they don't believe in biblical stories.

It's better for people to absolutely walk away from and reject religion 100%, than to accept the disease and promotion of self hatred, wherein exists NO truth.

If God exists, it will be manifest to the sincere seeker, without religion.

My Mother and Grandmother are devout Catholics. They live for today. They enjoy life. Enjoy their family and don't worry about where "they'll go" So, on that note - you're generalizing to the max.

Some religions are bizarre, extreme and disgraceful. But i'll reiterate my point... Religion bashing isn't preaching Atheism.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

BUT That Fire and Brimstone guy isn't on MEDIA downing OTHERSand demading compliance, he is just preaching to who will listen. If they are too far gine onlt the ones who claim WE are all like that listen.
He isn't attacking symbols of ATHIEISM DAILY with court cases to remove them all,in some WAVE of progressive demands or the Christians SUE them.
They do missionary work and WITNESS not Shove it down peoples throats.
WE are JUST now seeing the back lash starting, you know,that IDIOTIC legislation? Religious freedom and all THEY LEARNED how to push back.
THAT won't be the end .
WAIT until we get a HAWK in the whitehouse who has watched what the current administration has gottem away with USING DEM tactics.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy

originally posted by: Prezbo369

originally posted by: MrConspiracy
Lets re-track. If you want to play word games.

No games here, just you using words incorrectly.

Atheists have no evidence to lead them to believe in God. So they don't based on the lack of evidence. Is that phrase OK with you?

As long as you add 'their position may change if enough evidence is presented'....

Whichever way you manipulate and switch sentences and use "believe vs belief" my point still stands - Preaching Atheism is redundant...

I wasn't responding to that, I responded to your incorrect claims/definitions on Atheists.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

My Mother and Grandmother are devout Catholics.

Do your mother and grandmother believe in Original Sin. Do they believe that unbaptized infants that die DON'T go to Heaven? Do they believe that they are saved from the Hell that others are doomed to attend?

Religion bashing isn't preaching Atheism.

True. Breaking the hold of religious indoctrination, by exposing the evils of religion, isn't strictly an atheist agenda. Anyone can do it!

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Are you comparing the actions of one or two Christian street preachers to the entire atheist political movement? Because frankly I don't see atheist preachers doing any of that stuff either.

Though if political movements are fair game, I can totally bring up Christians trying to push teaching Creationism as science or trying to have religious symbols in government buildings or Christians trying to use their religion to discriminate against gays. So if you want to open that particular door, I have WAY more ammunition to throw back at you as far as Christians trying to push theocratic laws and practices in our government.

WAIT until we get a HAWK in the whitehouse who has watched what the current administration has gottem away with USING DEM tactics.

Don't worry, all historic political trends point to a Republican winning the Presidency this coming election. That is unless the Republicans shoot themselves in the foot. Then your insatiable Republican blood lust can be quenched.
edit on 2-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Well I don't know about where you live but Christmas Nativity scenes are attacked legally EVERY year now as they are offensive to SOME ,and MUST be removed to appease them. THEY want crosses removed from military monuments because they believe it is a violation of the sepration of church and state.
Churches are being legally attacked for being TAX free.
THE WORST possible examples are being held up as examples of Christianity as if WE ALL behave in the same fashion.
ALL to push the P.C. progressive agenda to change America.
I don't LIKE most of THEM either..JEB ?
PLEASE.
edit on 2-4-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Well I don't know about where you live but Christmas Nativity scenes are attacked legally EVERY year now as they are offensive to SOME ,and MUST be removed to appease them. THEY want crosses removed from military monuments because they believe it is a violation of the sepration of church and state.
Churches are being legally attacked for being TAX free.
THE WORST possible examples are being held up as examples of Christianity as if WE ALL behave in the same fashion.
ALL to push the P.C. progressive agenda to change America.

I thought we were talking about atheist street preachers here? Now this is just becoming a general "WAAAAH I hate atheism" cry fest.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

No it isn't ,THEY don't matter to me it's an ANTI progressive cry fest.
Whom athieists and part of.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Hmmm...
Title of the thread: Atheists and Agnostics don't believe in God but want spread their nothing word
*Looks at OP*

I recently watched the CNN special on Atheists and I understand and respect their belief. But to stand in an airport and preach not to believe anything is weird. Are these people mentally ill? A former Pastor became a non-believer and lost everything, ok the point? I think Satanist use the Atheist veil to hide their real agenda.

If one of these bozos come up to me, I will tell them they are idiots.

I see no mention of progressives in there. Not to mention not all atheists are progressives. Methinks you wondered into the wrong thread.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I don't know of a single religion that doesn't deserve "bashing". Isn't it better to walk away from it all, reject every doctrine 100%, and take a look at "it" from a distance? Clean slate, and all that! Genuine and sincere seekers will find what they need.

Walk away? Maybe. Genuine and sincere seekers will walk where they need. 😝

👣

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

All the same table and effort ,no I haven't.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

So if you think that it is a valid argument to say that atheist and progressives are the same thing, then I guess it is a valid argument to say that Christians and conservatives are the same thing? Man. My leftist Christian buddies are going to be upset at that...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

My Mother and Grandmother are devout Catholics.

Do your mother and grandmother believe in Original Sin. Do they believe that unbaptized infants that die DON'T go to Heaven? Do they believe that they are saved from the Hell that others are doomed to attend?

Religion bashing isn't preaching Atheism.

True. Breaking the hold of religious indoctrination, by exposing the evils of religion, isn't strictly an atheist agenda. Anyone can do it!

No. They don't.

And i'm glad you finally see what i'm trying to say.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

You have pointed something out that needs to be understood regarding labelling people

In labelling someone as this or that ... It does not truly describe the individual
Labels are so easily placed upon individuals ... often to discredit or dismiss them

"A rose by any other name is still a rose" comes to mind
The meaning being that you can label someone as a certain thing but in truth they are what they are

I am non religious but have friends of many religions and other beliefs ... But in getting to know people you learn that no one label applies ... we are all individuals ...

I believe in tolerance and non encroachment ... we are all trying to understand in our own way ...
edit on 2-4-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

edit on 2-4-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Who cares?
I am at war with ALL things P.C.People should be free to express what ever they feel. Within legal bounds.
NO ONE should use the threat of courts or idiotic protests to stop them.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So if you think that it is a valid argument to say that atheist and progressives are the same thing, then I guess it is a valid argument to say that Christians and conservatives are the same thing? Man. My leftist Christian buddies are going to be upset at that...

As one of your leftist Christian buddies, I've learned to let it roll off my back.

👣

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36 >>

join