It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists and Agnostics don't believe in God but want spread their nothing word

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

But it's not an Atheist statement. It's a statement about a better life for everyone.

No need for greed or hunger.
Imagine there's countries.
Nothing to kill or die for.

It says "And no Religion too" And "No hell below us"

I think every religious person in the world would love the world to be a better place as the video makes out.
And it's not about preaching Atheism. It's preaching a better world.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
All I gotta say is people need to look up the definition before using a word they don't understand. On topic: If they guy wants to stand in an airport and spread his belief, then good on him. Religious "Nuts" like to invade my personal space by knocking on my door to share their belief. I guess next time I'll just stand there and call them stupid.

And you have every right to. They are annoying.

But preaching Atheism ..... would you prefer that? Not that they could really preach "Atheism" by it's definition but... Wouldn't they still be invading your personal space? Would you still call them stupid?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I don't see that song as atheistic. No religion, well that just means everyone is United with God. Religion is for people who aren't. That would, in effect, bring heaven to earth and get rid of hell.

👣

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

If your religion depended on there being a Heaven and Hell, and "Religion and Country", then you too might think of it as atheistic political propaganda, as it was called, back in the day.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Yeah, I can totally see how infants of faith would think of it that way. But they are wrong.

'I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong.'

-John Lennon

Doesn't sound like something an atheist would say. Sounds like something a mystic would say.

👣

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Sounds like something a mystic would say.

Or a Humanist.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Sounds like something a mystic would say.

Or a Humanist.

Or a mystic humanist. 😉

👣

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy

A better world without Religion or any expectation of an afterlife; no Heaven, no Hell, Living for today.

I'm pretty sure John Lennon was a Buddhist. Doubt he believed in God, but not sure. I know he was nearly crucified when he claimed the Beatles were more popular than Jesus, when their album outsold the Bible! Got him kicked out of the UK!

edit on 1-4-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I think he meant it as more of a social criticism than as bragging.

/shrug

👣

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I'm sure! But the world didn't take it that way!

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Yup. So the masses would be wrong... again. 😫

👣

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Just wanted to share some data with ya.

I know you are already aware, but wanted to share it and blame it on you as my audience. LOL!!

In February 1968, the Beatles travelled to Rishikesh, in northern India, to attend an advanced Transcendental Meditation (TM) training session at the ashram of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. Amid widespread media attention, their visit was one of the band's most productive periods. Their interest in the Maharishi changed Western attitudes about Indian spirituality and encouraged the study of Transcendental Meditation.[2]

They first met the Maharishi in London in August 1967 and then attended a seminar in Bangor, Wales. The Beatles had planned to attend the entire ten-day session, but their stay was cut short by the death of their manager, Brian Epstein. Wanting to learn more, they kept in contact with the Maharishi and made arrangements to spend time with him at his teaching centre located near Rishikesh, in "the Valley of the Saints" in the foothills of the Himalayas.

Along with their wives, girlfriends, assistants and numerous reporters, the Beatles arrived in India in February 1968, and joined the group of 60 people who were training to be TM teachers, including musicians Donovan, Mike Love of the Beach Boys, and flautist Paul Horn.

While there, John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison wrote many songs and Ringo Starr finished writing his first. Eighteen of those songs were recorded for The Beatles (the White Album), two songs appeared on the Abbey Road album, and others were used for various solo projects.

The Beatles in India

Yeah, I turned 10 years old in Nov 1968.
And people wonder how I turned out the way I did. My parents heavily resisted letting my brothers and me to listen to pop music.
"The Lion Sleeps Tonight" was the first one.

The very first record I bought was Carol King: "It's Too Late".

edit on 4/1/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

It was seven years after its release that my mom eventually discovered how cool it was.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Can someone please tell me where atheists 'preach'? Because I've never met a preaching atheist, as I'm pretty sure that's an oxymoron.
Does this comedy routine by George Carlin qualify as a preaching atheist? I don't see why it wouldn't.

originally posted by: MrConspiracy
What are atheists going to preach? If they are preaching Atheism what on earth are they preaching?
Aside from the George Carlin Atheistic "sermon", I think an athiest might preach to people that they probably don't really need to worry about watching their friends and family burn in eternal torment if they don't go to facebook and click their mouse as instructed here:

www.landoverbaptist.net...

I thought it must be a parody site when I first saw it, and I'm still not sure it isn't, because how do you tell with Poe's Law, but it looks like a real site.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

A better world without Religion or any expectation of an afterlife; no Heaven, no Hell, Living for today.

I'm pretty sure John Lennon was a Buddhist. Doubt he believed in God, but not sure. I know he was nearly crucified when he claimed the Beatles were more popular than Jesus, when their album outsold the Bible! Got him kicked out of the UK!

So preaching Atheism is bashing religion and saying the world would be a better place if everyone was an Atheist and that Religion is at fault for all the world evils? Do religious people not live for today? Making the most of life?

That's not preaching "Atheism" that's just bashing religion. If someone were to preach Atheism. They'd mention how they don't believe in a higher power and, well, anything outside of that is just their own individual lifestyle choice and ideas. To which, another Atheist, may have different views.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Can someone please tell me where atheists 'preach'? Because I've never met a preaching atheist, as I'm pretty sure that's an oxymoron.
Does this comedy routine by George Carlin qualify as a preaching atheist? I don't see why it wouldn't.

What are atheists going to preach? If they are preaching Atheism what on earth are they preaching?
Aside from the George Carlin Atheistic "sermon", I think an athiest might preach to people that they probably don't really need to worry about watching their friends and family burn in eternal torment if they don't go to facebook and click their mouse as instructed here:

www.landoverbaptist.net...

I thought it must be a parody site when I first saw it, and I'm still not sure it isn't, because how do you tell with Poe's Law, but it looks like a real site.

Hahahahaha amazing. We should all go 'like' it though - better to be safe than sorry, right?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

That's what Edward current says, better safe than sorry. He's not sure which religion is right, so just to be safe, he's adopted all of them:

I've Converted To EVERY Religion (Just In Case)

However some people accuse him of being another preaching Atheist and don't believe he's really sincere. You decide.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
All I gotta say is people need to look up the definition before using a word they don't understand. On topic: If they guy wants to stand in an airport and spread his belief, then good on him. Religious "Nuts" like to invade my personal space by knocking on my door to share their belief. I guess next time I'll just stand there and call them stupid.

And you have every right to. They are annoying.

But preaching Atheism ..... would you prefer that? Not that they could really preach "Atheism" by it's definition but... Wouldn't they still be invading your personal space? Would you still call them stupid?

The OP called the man an idiot which is where the stupid comment came from

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
So THEY want to tell Christains they are wrong as a form of worship.
THEY can disbelieve AND be silent to achive that,but then, they would have NO fuction.
TO CONFRONT is their idea like a liberal ,they don't want to walk beside the Christian they want to change them.
THAT is not going to work.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Um... You just summed up all roadside preaching in a nutshell. Some guy standing around telling others that their beliefs are wrong and they should believe his beliefs. But I guess you'd know. Your religion has WAY more practice at it than any atheist religions would.
edit on 2-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join