It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Congresswoman Asks For Obamacare Horror Stories, Gets Dose Of Reality Instead

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
GOP Congresswoman Asks For Obamacare Horror Stories, Gets Dose Of Reality Instead

“Congresswoman McMorris Rodgers owes the nation an apology for lying in her Republican response to the State of the Union this week, and spreading more misinformation to Americans about their health care options,” said Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee spokeswoman Emily Bittner. Instead, despite glaring inaccuracies and outright lies, Rodgers refused to back down.
“It’s sad partisan politicians are attacking Bette, whose premiums would’ve skyrocketed,” she said on Twitter. “Bette and millions more are being hurt by this law.” Her office maintains that the information is accurate, even though it isn’t.
Perhaps it is time for the Congresswoman — and conservatives in general — to give up on their quest to destroy anything that can help the less fortunate in society, and solve some of our actual problems. But we know they won’t. It’s all Obamacare and Benghazi with these people.

No matter how successful ObamaCare is , the right will never cop to it. The story has pic of replies to the congresswoman, I suggest reading them.

She must be embarrassed, her followers did not tow the party BS.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I'm not the biggest ACA fan, but there are some good responses...

I think gutting the system as many politicians suggest would hurt more people than it would help at this point.

edit on 26-3-2015 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Poll Californians and see what truth looks like!

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

You obviously must think you know what will be found if we do, so why don't you just show us your data???

Yes, this means I'm calling your bluff. Either back up what you say or admit that you made it up.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Ask me for the full story. I can and will tell you the truth about this travesty called Health Care.There is not a single truth that we were told about it. I am living this tragedy right now.In fact . if I had been stuck with a fed plan, I would have most likely not survived. Sure , if an employer cuts their stff 10-20% and then the remaining are placed on 30 hr work weeks (known as a full time employee now) the employer would be just fine. Also , I am sure if you dig deep enough to find a few good stories I feel that some may well be Obama , Pelosi zombies.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: here4this
Ask me for the full story. I can and will tell you the truth about this travesty called Health Care.There is not a single truth that we were told about it. I am living this tragedy right now.In fact . if I had been stuck with a fed plan, I would have most likely not survived. Sure , if an employer cuts their stff 10-20% and then the remaining are placed on 30 hr work weeks (known as a full time employee now) the employer would be just fine. Also , I am sure if you dig deep enough to find a few good stories I feel that some may well be Obama , Pelosi zombies.

I don't know... there seem to be a lot of conservatives out there right now getting life-saving health care they couldn't get before the ACA. The GOP is shooting themselves in their collective foot by insisting on barking up this tree. They are going to lose a lot of voters if they keep it up.

The democrats knew this would happen, too. All they had to do is get enough republican voters dependent on the new system and either the GOP would fold or they would lose voters. Strangely enough, they aren't folding... and they'll lose in 2016 because of it.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The article contains a link to this congresswoman's Facebook Timeline which has quite a lot of replies now.

There are some interesting stories mixed in there.

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

its such a great plan this obamacare thing is, infact the govt was nice enough to even keep some of my tax return this year because its such a great law. It so affordable i had to opt out from my employer this year too because I couldn't pay for it and pay my other bills. Next year though, I have to pay for it because the fine is more then i get back in a tax return. So you can sit there and tell me that this law is better then sliced bread all you want but you don't have to cut food, gas other things out of your budget just to figure out how to pay the monthly healthcare insurance bill. You can take this bill and shove it because i just can't afford this affordable care act bull#.
edit on 26-3-2015 by roaland because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

So then, in your opinion, it is far better to require poor folks like me to have insurance I can't even afford the premium for not to mention the $6,000 copay before it even works.

So that a very few with a preexisting condition that can offord it can get by easier.

Guess what.

This year I got penalised, because I don't have insurance.

Because I can't afford it.

Meaning, someone who is already dirt poor had to pay extra because they are dirt poor.

Yes this bill is so great.

Nothing like making the poor even more so.

The oh so caring dems in their infinite wisdom......what a joke.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Cough....

OK, if it is so good, why did the Democrats in congress, unions, and anyone with a lobby group fight tooth and nail to exempt THEMSELVES from it?

Why did the Democrats run away from it like the plague in the midterms? If it was so good, why didn't they campaign on it??

Two of my 4 adult kids are currently without healthcare and paying cash for birth control because they cannot afford the crap or the 6,000 deductible that goes along with it. Why pay hundreds of dollars a month for Obuma#care and still have a massive deductible?

Want to know a little secret. A heart catscan cost $150 bucks cash. With insurance it is a K plus.
edit on 26-3-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Sounds like she got nailed by a deluge of ACA supporters.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I've made a living representing Anthem. Checkmate!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

That doesn't show the views of california, you said take a poll of CA, do you have something of the sort?

Poll Californians and see what truth looks like!

And do you legally represent them or what is the representation you speak of if you don't mind.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
It seems like most of the people complaining are people who paid the penalty... which means they didn't actually sign up. Those people are essentially complaining about NOT having Obama Care.

The prices they are quoting don't line up with what the costs actually are when I looked and when everybody I know who has it looked. This tells me that the majority of people who think it's too expensive are basing the costs off of some conservative blog they read.

At least in person, this is always the case with people. They'll say "Obama Care can kiss mah ass, it's too expensive!" Then I'll ask "Oh? How much was it?" and their reply is normally something like "According to Rush Limbaugh, it's $$$$". My goodness, people.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Exactly, most people that are in that " I can't afford it" qualify for the subsides that are in there.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

I've made a living representing Anthem. Checkmate!

LOL. You call checkmate and you haven't even made a move yet. Typical.

Why not just answer the question asked of you???

Take your time, I'll wait.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: roaland

You need to back up and read this post.

Obamacare enforcement, does anyone actually believe this?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Congress purposely omitted any means for the gov. to peruse any other avenue of collecting or penalizing people that refused to participate. All they have the legal authority to do is capture your income tax refund, if any. So, go to your employer and revise your w-4 to include enough exemption to actually having to pay in a little tax instead of getting a refund and you are in the clear....

Edit: Maybe I should have stated revise your w-4 to limit youre refund to the absolute minimum instead of having to pay in a little. Either way the gove. has no other avenue to collect.
edit on 26-3-2015 by CharlesT because: hiuhupi

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I legally represent them. Did you know Anthem is one of the corps. who received the Obamacare waiver? Did you know that 68,000+ ICD medical billing codes were created in Obamacare? Men HAVE to have maternity coverage, and birth control for men is not free?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Yeah, I'm just blowing smoke, right.? Think what you will, you're going to ululate no matter what I say.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo
It seems like most of the people complaining are people who paid the penalty... which means they didn't actually sign up. Those people are essentially complaining about NOT having Obama Care.

The prices they are quoting don't line up with what the costs actually are when I looked and when everybody I know who has it looked. This tells me that the majority of people who think it's too expensive are basing the costs off of some conservative blog they read.

At least in person, this is always the case with people. They'll say "Obama Care can kiss mah ass, it's too expensive!" Then I'll ask "Oh? How much was it?" and their reply is normally something like "According to Rush Limbaugh, it's $$$$". My goodness, people.

And what state do you live in?

You know different states have different prices right?

You know there are 50 states?

You know it is illegal to sell cheaper plans across state lines?

Hint this would have fixed the issue much better.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join