It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argentine archaeologists find secret Nazi lair in jungle

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Stone structures in the remote region of Misiones are thought to be the ruins of a hideout build by Nazis, in case their leaders needed to flee Germany

A team of Argentine archaeologists investigating a series of ruins in the jungle, close to the border with Paraguay, believe they have discovered a secret Nazi lair.

The cluster of stone structures, now covered by thick vines and accessible only when using a machete to cut through the undergrowth, contain stashes of German coins from the late 1930s, fragments of "Made in Germany" porcelain, and Nazi symbols on the walls.

Argentine archaeologists find secret Nazi lair in jungle

I guess at some point someone was going to dig up some truth to shine the light on the fact that the Nazis who had the ability took off to Argentina at the end of the second world war. I will be keeping up with this story.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

They just dont walk out of Germany towards the end of the war without help .

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
If true, Surely suing for peace in 43 would have been a better idea than simply running away to the jungle. I've often wondered why so many "Good Germans" didn't just do a Hess and jump in a plane and get the hell out of there when they had the chance.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
Hess died in a prison that had only one prisoner Him. Can you imagine having 3 nations taking turn guarding you until the day you die, when you just tried to defect.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Hess died in a prison that had only one prisoner Him.

There are a lot of unanswered questions about Hess . I am not one to buy into TPTB conspiracy , but something happened there . Nazi gaurds did not spend that much time in jail .

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622
Not only did he spend his life in a prison built just for him, he was guarded by the British, American, and Russian military. All of his guards were forbidden to speak with him under strictly enforced orders. It was a weird place Spandau Prison. It was huge considering it housed just one poor desperate man.

Edited: Forgot about the French.

I remember considering taking a clay roofing tile I found on the floor of my guard shack. It was a tough call but they inspected all Spandau guards pretty closely. I probably could have got plenty off the artifact on auction sites had I taken the risk. It just did not seem worth the risk.
edit on 03am2015-03-23T03:00:51-05:0003003America/Chicago00331 by machineintelligence because: added content.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Yeah, you have to wonder about the Hess thing, Even Friedrich Paulus was treated like a king by no less than the Russians after he surrendered, but then again Paulus was more Wehrmacht than Nazi.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Appointed Deputy Führer to Adolf Hitler in 1933, he served in this position until 1941, when he flew solo to Scotland in an attempt to negotiate peace with the United Kingdom during World War II. He was taken prisoner and eventually was convicted of crimes against peace, serving a life sentence.

Trying to negotiate peace is a crime against peace . Yep i get it .

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

I was reading about it yesterday. They didn't confirm it was made by Nazis yet.

You should include the word "possible" in your title.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
Not only did he spend his life in a prison built just for him,

Although Hess was the last survivor of the prison, it housed several other prominent Nazi's, some of whom died there. The prison was also not "built" for him, as it was already there.

After WW2, in the mayhem and confusion, many high and low ranking Nazi's who were complicit in atrocities ran for safety and anonymity to places like Argentina. Had they stayed, then they would have face harsh justice, including at the Nuremburg Trials. The Argentinean Peron regime was pro Nazi and actively courted these criminals, including some of the really nasty ones like Josef Mengele and Adolf Eichmann. These facts are known and well documented.

It is therefore no surprise that "archaeologists find secret Nazi lair in jungle", as per the OP.

Slightly off topic - Argentina was no friend of the allies during WW2. It is no surprise that the Falklands claim was raised in the public domain when Argentina thought Britain would fail. There had been no claims in the preceding 60 years.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I copied the title verbatim from "The Telegraph" source article as is required in the Breaking News section on ATS.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   

They had help.The Catholic church and the Red Cross were helping funnel them out.
second line
The Odessa

www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

This gives you a general idea about how they got out.
edit on 23-3-2015 by Dimithae because: added a line

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
No pictures? Aw man...

I had to look up that Spandau prison. Here's the wikipedia entry, interesting stuff!
en.m.wikipedia.org...

I guess I misunderstood some of the posts here cause I was thinking it was built just for Hess and that he was the only prisoner to ever serve time there lol.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Perhaps the allies ptb did not want peace at that juncture and had to keep him hidden away because he could reveal how he could have stopped the war sooner. Hence the no talking rule for guards...

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

What I meant to say is that when I was there it was being operated solely for him. It was a huge complex for just one man in my opinion. The ceremony for the exchange of authority over the prison was high ritual which was also weird. The whole place was strange to me. It was like something out of a movie. It felt unreal to be there. Hess seemed to me very out of it, crazy in my opinion. He shouted a lot and tried to bait the guards into conversation with him.

We took over in the rotation from the British. The first day he cussed and spat at us. He called us the Dough boys. He called the British, "limey bastards" he seemed pretty out of it to me. It was like all the complaining and crap was for his entertainment.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Well, as the article states, the building out in the thick jungle there was not needed, because five thousand or so Nazis and other fascist elements from Croatia and Italy were simply allowed by the government of Argentina, to make homes and lives there.

My attitude to this find? Document the place, recover what artefacts are present, then put a MOAB down over the footprint of the ruin, and blast it from the face of the world.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I do not think it would be worth the 14.6 million US for a MOAB to hit the site. What would be the point?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
You can erase it, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. True history should be known, in my opinion, so unless there is some civic need to use the land, I don't see any benefit to destroying it. Argentina could use it for tourist money.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   

The good ones had paid airfares direct to the US.

New lives and all !

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

The good ones had paid airfares direct to the US.

New lives and all !

I wouldn't class Wernher Von Braun as a good German, tens of thousands of slave labourers died in his rocket factories.

edit on 23-3-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join