It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World No Longer Bound to Defend Israel Internationally

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Bone75
I think we should write them a letter.

As a Christian I support the Jews, but I feel the state of Israel is taking advantage of our loyalty. The expansion of their settlements needs to stop... among other things.

Im a christian to and as far as im concerned Israel can go screw itself

Dont see why being a christian means I have by default got to support Israel.

UMMMM...DUDE...The Crusades? Old Testament?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

...clear, being a Jew by blood is an ethnicity, I feel going forward we need to acknowledge this more in the way we post, as further down you look to contradict what you...

a reply to: solargeddon
Many people have converted to Judaism. I don't think your "Jewish by ethnicity" argument is viable.

..although, "by blood", technically you are correct on that point.

edit on 19-0320153-1515 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

Ah yes, let's bring up the Crusades, a Holy War that had zilch to do with God. Good call. By the by, just so you know, our current idea of chivalry comes from Saladin, not the knights of the Invasi...err, Crusade. Just a lil trivia

The Old Testament, like all Scripture, was written to and for believers. Not a US policy manual.

As for some solid historicity, for centuries the Church had no real expectation that Israel was going to be a going concern again. It wasn't until the Balfour Declaration, a private, non-governmental letter, that the idea of Israel getting back in business was seriously considered. But that doesn't matter, as the OT has some very strict guidelines for Israel and some startling punishments if they falter. Guess what happens? Here's a hint : the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.

Seriously, being Christian and critical of Israel's policies not only aren't mutually exclusive, but at times may be necessary, as it to be critical of policies of the Us, Russia, China or what have you, if those policies endorse racism, diminish others and profits from the suffering of others.

Ending rant now.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Your pure hate for anything Israel makes it hard to take anything you say seriously. Why don't you take a step back, evaluate your completely biased contempt for Israel, and try again.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

Your pure hate for anything Israel makes it hard to take anything you say seriously. Why don't you take a step back, evaluate your completely biased contempt for Israel, and try again.

I have said many times that if Israel were to go back to the borders they were given in 48 I would have no problem with there being a Israel so your statement about me having pure hate for Israel is BS. So does my pointing out the laws they break and how they treat the Palestinians bother you? The truth does hurt some people.

The people that should step back and reevaluate is the people that support Israel. Israel is doing the exact same thing to the Palestinians that the settlers did to the Native Americans who in their right mind would support such a thing? Anyone that has studied history would say what was done to the Native Americans was wrong so how could anyone support another nation doing the same thing when America is paying for a good bit of it.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Funny how you go back in history but ignore how the Romans kicked the Jews out in around 70 AD...

So was it right for the Romans to kick the Jews out then? So it could essentially be said that the Palestinians took advantage of the Jews being kicked out of their land just as the Americans did with the Native Americans.

I mean... really? This back and forth could go on and on and on.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Anyone with eyes to see can realize that Israel is a failed state and really needs to be put to the test.

Time for some REAL problems to deal with, and see if the public is REALLY behind all of this nonsense.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

What nonsense? Being tired of the continuous threat of rockets from a "government" ruled by a terrorist organization? A failed government would better be attributed to hamas.

If I were Israeli, I'd be tired of that too.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Oh here we go. Another "Let's all bash Israel, because it's the 'in' thing to do right now."

BN did say there would be no 2 state solution while he is PM. True. BUT he has always said that a 2 state solution is his wish, but it would only happen WITHOUT Hamas.

Hamas is the one stalling the process. All they would have to do is STOP attacking, and they would get their precious Palestinian State.

Pretty simple if you ask me.

Is Israel innocent? No. Are ANY of us innocent? No.

But the key to making this ALL go away is disbanding Hamas. But, they won't disband, and BN knows this, hence his statement.

In context people, keep things in context.
edit on 20-3-2015 by poncho1982 because: typo

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Bone75
I think we should write them a letter.

As a Christian I support the Jews, but I feel the state of Israel is taking advantage of our loyalty. The expansion of their settlements needs to stop... among other things.

Im a christian to and as far as im concerned Israel can go screw itself

Dont see why being a christian means I have by default got to support Israel.

UMMMM...DUDE...The Crusades? Old Testament?

I reject the crusades as apostate and unchristian crimes.

I reject the catholic church as apostate.

And when the jews killed jesus they lost the status as "chosen people".

There is no commandment from jesus to bow down to jews nor did he call for the protection of Israel. In fact he predicted its destruction.

Therefor I feel no loyatly to Israel based on my christian belief.

Happy?
edit on 20-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

Israel has lost the support around the world long time ago with illegal settlements

But it obviously doesn't faze them. They got nukes and they don't care

Google Samson option

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
Not sure why Obama is so upset about this election. It has given Israel-haters an excuse to condemn the Israeli people along with Netanyahu.

Guess that means you guys don't have to follow up your anti-semitism with the 'I don't hate all Jews, just the Zionists' disclaimer. Because the only good Jew is the one who votes to give up his land, am I wrong?

...and the machine kicks in as expected.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Funny how you go back in history but ignore how the Romans kicked the Jews out in around 70 AD...

So was it right for the Romans to kick the Jews out then? So it could essentially be said that the Palestinians took advantage of the Jews being kicked out of their land just as the Americans did with the Native Americans.

I mean... really? This back and forth could go on and on and on.

You left out one little thing there was no international laws back then that said annexing land by force is illegal. We have had those laws ever since WW2 every inch of land past what the Zionist groups were given is stolen land and should be given back.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982
Oh here we go. Another "Let's all bash Israel, because it's the 'in' thing to do right now."

BN did say there would be no 2 state solution while he is PM. True. BUT he has always said that a 2 state solution is his wish, but it would only happen WITHOUT Hamas.

Hamas is the one stalling the process. All they would have to do is STOP attacking, and they would get their precious Palestinian State.

Pretty simple if you ask me.

Is Israel innocent? No. Are ANY of us innocent? No.

But the key to making this ALL go away is disbanding Hamas. But, they won't disband, and BN knows this, hence his statement.

In context people, keep things in context.

I think what your seeing is the transition back to before it was the "in thing" to let Israel get away with what ever it wanted. Cause, you know, after a few thousand unjustifiable homicides, people are starting to feel Israel does not deserve it's popularity and should maybe come back down to earth with the rest of us and face her crimes.

We have developed a resistance to the drugs Israel has been doping the world with. We can see clearly now.
edit on 20-3-2015 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

a reply to: ParasuvO

What nonsense? Being tired of the continuous threat of rockets from a "government" ruled by a terrorist organization? A failed government would better be attributed to hamas.

If I were Israeli, I'd be tired of that too.

Then why aren't the Israeli's asking their leaders about the constant occupation of Palestinian land? Why don't they ask their leaders about the constant kidnapping of Palestinians? When was the last time Hamas occupied Israeli land? How often does Hamas kidnap Israelis? The Israeli government seems to be more of a terrorist government than Hamas (a organization that Israel helped to create) could ever be.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Zionism is such a peculiar thing. Basically rich Jews dreamt of having a homeland with a state religion. One in which they would have a unified nationality. The British offered a place in Africa, but no, they wanted a belonging. A place were they have a connection, were they haven't lived in two thousand years. (And even that's arguable)

Israel is nothing but an artificial creation of the British. It shouldn't have any international protection. Proper international law should say that Palestinian land should be given back and Palestine should be recognised as nation state.

But a unified arab muslim world is what the west dread (mostly the Anglo American Empire). What I'm more interested in is what is the real reason behind Zionism. Was it for a permanent western (Anglo American NATO) military base in the middle-east, or were rich elite Jews so vein that they wanted an artificial country created for them. Or maybe both.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

GO read the Likud charter the charter for the party that Benny represents it states flat out there will be no Palestinian state all the land belongs to Israel.

This is flat out wrong. Israel constantly breaks peace agreements that is when Israel even comes to the negotiating table. How can people expect Hamas to stop when Israel constantly attacks Palestine? Every day they occupy Palestinian land it is an attack on the Palestinians. Get out of their lands and leave the people alone and Israel might know peace.

If you were trying to defend your homeland would you disband if the person attacking you told you to?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2
Its kinda hard to have peace when everybody keeps hating on each other. Last time I checked we still all bleed red. So everyone is to blame over there, along with some around the world. Only problem is people find it easier to point fingers and tell their neighbor how messed up his yard is, then it is to clean his own.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

By THAT idea we must give back the land to the indians and Mexico we won YES?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I'm sick of Israel. I'm sick of Hamas. I feel so sorry for moderate Israelis and Palestinians and, indeed, the region and the world who are - all of us - being held hostage and denied peace due to this maniacal, archaic crap. Grow the hell up.

Netanyahu and Hamas need to be reminded of the story of King Solomon and the two mothers. It seems the two would rather kill the region than share the region.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join