It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World No Longer Bound to Defend Israel Internationally

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

Pretty decent theory...

Thinking about it, it does make me wonder if the promised land was just a few miles from the land of oppression...

As opposed to as far away as possible...

But I think the Israel we now know is based on the Tribes of Israel/Judah...

Which also gives me a theory that any Jew within the borders of Israel who doesn't descend from Judah's Tribes is not really in their Land...

And given that a bundle of them are Atheists including many of their own leadership past & present...

One wonders further if this has anything to do with Torah-Biblical prophecy whatsoever!

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: MrSpad

It's always the same old crap.

Palestine won't "recognize" a Jewish State.

Why is that?

They recognize Israel as a state, just not as a Jewish state since you know, not everybody is Jewish. In fact nobody, the US included, recognizes Israel as a Jewish state. It is just a stipulation used on the Palestinians to annoy them. Nobody recognizes states by religion.

I think the official recognized name if Iran includes "Islamic".

You can name you country whatever you want. Israel could call itself The Jewish State of Israel or The Magical State of Israel and that woud not mean any nation that recognizes Israel also recognizes them as a Jewish or Magical state just as nobody who recognizes The Democratic Republic of Korea, recogizes them as Democratic or Republic. Not even the Vactican City is recognized as a Catholic State. Why? Because nations are not recognized be religion. Israel plays this card because they do not want to seem unreasonable with Palestine recognizing Israel and Israel not doing the same in return. So they use the line they will not recognize Israel as a Jewish State. Something no nation on Earth has to do or does.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I think we should write them a letter.

As a Christian I support the Jews, but I feel the state of Israel is taking advantage of our loyalty. The expansion of their settlements needs to stop... among other things.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
I think we should write them a letter.

As a Christian I support the Jews, but I feel the state of Israel is taking advantage of our loyalty. The expansion of their settlements needs to stop... among other things.

Im a christian to and as far as im concerned Israel can go screw itself

Dont see why being a christian means I have by default got to support Israel.

edit on 19-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
a reply to: Nikola014

And you ignore the fact of how unfair it is that in 1917 Britain gave the 2.5% minority Palestinians Jews the land that belonged to a majority Palestinian Arabs.

This massive injustice has been festering for 98 years, so you might understand they are a bit piffed at the moment, when the whole World is ignoring their blight for nearly a century.

The West should hang their head in shame for allowing this to happen in today's world. I'm embarrassed to be British when it comes to this debate!

Ahem. the "little peice" the arabs were handed was pretty dang big in comparison. Also the land was not owned by those arabs or anyone for that matter. It was assigned ownership and ratified by the league of nations. lawfully.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: criticalhit

Pretty decent theory...

Thinking about it, it does make me wonder if the promised land was just a few miles from the land of oppression...

As opposed to as far away as possible...

But I think the Israel we now know is based on the Tribes of Israel/Judah...

Which also gives me a theory that any Jew within the borders of Israel who doesn't descend from Judah's Tribes is not really in their Land...

And given that a bundle of them are Atheists including many of their own leadership past & present...

One wonders further if this has anything to do with Torah-Biblical prophecy whatsoever!

Oooooo

You see, there you have a very interesting point.

Atheist/Agnostic just not being of a literal interpretation on most etc, etc. Yeah... that's where I fall off, that is where half of Jews and Israel fall off... There are the "orthodox" and then there are Jews in general. The "bond" is more like the Japanese use of the word Gaijin or in the Jewish case Goyim, the commonalities go outside of religion and are cultural, the basic holidays are basic a set of traditions that unite more than based around religious significance, Christmas and Chanukah tend to melt together, particular attention to diet, education... doing something with your life all very important but yeah... the evolution debate vs creation doesn't come up much, religion is mainly very toned down. And i'd be a liar if I said I was a supporter of Orthodoxy.

For at least half, it's a home, nothing to do with Moses before said and done.

I think there are a lot of Christians, Muslims and Jews that actually face a very similar set of circumstances...

Not being "all that obsessive" about religion per say BUT wishing a sort of separate society, I'd be a liar if I said my own thoughts didn't echo it and people shouldn't be so fast to put it down as xenophobic or whatever. There is something that is there when... a people follow the very basics of religion via tradition but don't get lost in the insanity of minutia... "live a decent life" work hard, value marriage... leave behind "you go to hell if you drink" as example but, still limit themselves by a morality... Those people are VERY successful. I'd say Jewish Intellectual dominance in many arenas comes from That sort of life, same for Christians and Muslims who become wealthy, the grounding in tradition, families that get and stay together, a diet that is kept well, dinner served and kids spending time with parents a life that doesn't demand harsh tolls for any sin but still encourages limiting it...

I find personally one of the cultures having been raised Jewish I can get along in is Japanese, the structure, the focus on study and diet, done of course in that case without the need to lay "sin" sown but rather society as the reason for doing these things, lots of tradition, involvement... So I understand Goyim and Gaijin, not as "racist" terms, i've never (or rarely to be fair) seen it as a statement of (your born inferior) just outsider and both cultures are usually very adaptive, they will change as science dictates... it's about a way of life that builds success and not wanting it screwed up by stupidity, not having your kids pick up unhealthy "ways" which can run the gamut from killing your meat in ways that don't prevent prion disease for the Jews to people bringing filth in the home by not taking off their shoes for the Japanese....

I'd say... that's a bigger part of wanting a homeland than the "religion" for the bulk of Jews. It's cultural not religious.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

After all there is no such thing as a Jewish race just as there is no Christian or Muslim race.

Really???

Technically being Jewish does encompass race...

Judaism shares some of the characteristics of a nation, an ethnicity,[21] a religion, and a culture, making the definition of who is a Jew vary slightly depending on whether a religious or national approach to identity is used.[67][68] Generally, in modern secular usage Jews include three groups: people who were born to a Jewish family regardless of whether or not they follow the religion, those who have some Jewish ancestral background or lineage (sometimes including those who do not have strictly matrilineal descent), and people without any Jewish ancestral background or lineage who have formally converted to Judaism and therefore are followers of the religion.[69]

Can we just be clear, being a Jew by blood is an ethnicity, I feel going forward we need to acknowledge this more in the way we post, as further down you look to contradict what you wrote above, this causes confusion, especailly for me being a non-practising bloodline Jew.

We need to show clarity in our comments, allowise we will spread ignorance and disdain for people, who have no choice over their ancestry.

edit on 19-3-2015 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Not so - The reality of the matter is this: The United Nations does not appropriate to itself the authority to create states.

The United Nations only authorises itself to recognise states for membership, states that are formed or proclaimed by the people of said state.

The State of Israel was created by the Jewish leaders of the area that became Israel. Period. The United Nations recognized that creation and subsequently admitted Israel to UN membership.
edit on 19.3.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: here4this
a reply to: Zcustosmorum
Israel will not launch any military action against them unless they are provoked. And if it does turn out that way the only reason it would strain ties between the US and Israel is due to the type of person we have in charge.

Israel doesn't launch any military action unless provoked? What dimension are you living in because it sure isn't this one. What about all the bombing raids they do in Lebanon claiming it was rockets that was being hauled? Like the last one where they murdered the child of a Hezbollah leader. Israels military makes raids in the West Bank at least once a week. Face it Israel keeps putting nothing in but war mongers into office and it's time for America to say enough is enough and cut them off.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
a reply to: yuppa

Not so - The reality of the matter is this: The United Nations does not appropriate to itself the authority to create states.

The United Nations only authorises itself to recognise states for membership, states that are formed or proclaimed by the people of said state.

The State of Israel was created by the Jewish leaders of the area that became Israel. Period. The United Nations recognized that creation and subsequently admitted Israel to UN membership.

The league of nations DID make alot of countries in that area Actually. At the tiem the entire world agreed to it. majority ruled in the UN's precursor.

As to the"jew race" RACE is a man created thing in that useage. There si only one race and thats HUMANS. Back when in the past before the 60s and the study to see if race exist they did not know that was the case.

Different ethnicities is all we have here.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I sum your reply up with the words from not only a great musician but also a philosopher (Louis Armstrong)
" Some people , if they dont know , you cant tell them"

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: Annunak1

And we forget that what started it all was Hammas bombing of Israel from civilian locations( hiding themselves in hospitals etc ) and therefore provoking their reaction, almost like anticipating it.
No where to hide there for one.Irael uses shield they are the ones doing that. They collect Palestinians to walk in front of their tanks as they go through and kill Palestinians. Shoot at press and UN investigators so they can do their crimes in secret. And the Palestinians are just defending their land from thieves. TERRORIST Israel.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

a reply to: MrSpad

Always a 2nd opinion.

Media distorts Bibi’s statements, then claims he’s walking them back

The distortion of Benjamin Netanyahu’s pre-election statements on a two-state solution and Arab voting was a classic Obama and media distortion.

If you take the actual text of Netanyahu said, he never ruled out a two-state solution and never discouraged Arab voting. But those were the headlines and the foaming-at-the mouth hyperbole, fomented by the Obama administration in numerous anonymous statements to the media.

No where in that link does it quote anything other than what has been reported on what Netanyahu said. Nothing was distorting what Benny said except maybe the link you posted. Adding a paragraph to a sentence 2 days later does not change the sentence.

It is Obama's fault that Benny said that? That is what your link states.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

a reply to: flammadraco

You ignore the fact that last years Israeli military offensives were provoked by Hammas constant bombing. They were the one who started it all.

Blaming everything on one side is, in a certain sense, condoning the actions of the other.

I agree with you. But just, people here chose to ignore the fact that Hammas was bombing Israel on daily bases. In my opinion, Israel had the right to fight back against terroristic organization that runs Palestine.

On a side note, many people are wondering what would happen if some new people and a new government run Israel, me on the other hand, is wondering what would happen if Palestine stopped being run by Hammas.
No provocation was from terrorist Israel stealing land and making concentration camps for Palestinians. Hitler wanna bees.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

a reply to: Rhiannon

Don't put words in my mouth. Read carefully what I've said.

All i was saying is that in my opinion, Israel had the right to fight back against terroristic organization. I'm not trying to justify any war crimes committed by both sides or get into what's someone preaching.

ATS should take a step back from demonizing Israeli people.
They are demons

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Don’t worry the Israelis will induce some useful idiot Arabs to do something horrendous (like some vicious terrorists attack) and take all the moral high ground from the Palestinians away…

That’s what has always happened in the past and that’s just what will likely happen soon

And the poor citizens of Palestine will continue to suffer at the hands of their stupid leadership and the apartheid Israeli system

Maybe the Palestinians aught to try the Mandela methodology, or the Ghandi, King methods of nonviolence.

They have the moral edge and always loose it with some terrorist act

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

And the biggest one is the United States of America, and I don't see people here demonizing the ordinary American, just their governments.

In my honest opinion, the hate against Jews is stronger now, than it has been during nazi times. People just mask it with saying they actually hate Zionists.
No hate for Jews here, Israeli policies yes.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I say Israel has already built a wall around itself. A prison. Guard the gates and trap them like they do the Palestinians till they grow up.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

"The Israeli electorate had a choice to make. By re-electing a leader who publicly reneged on his commitments to peace and a two-state solution, they voted against peace. What remains now is how the Palestinians and the world will react to the closure of the charade that was called the peace process. "

UNTILL the Palestinians Renounce their Support of Hamas , they will Never have their Own Sovereign State . It's Their Call Now..................
edit on 19-3-2015 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Netanyahu has NEVER wanted peace, he's always wanted war with Iran, ever since the late 1980's.

He's been claiming for YEARS that Iran is "two or three years away from a nuclear weapon". The guy is the biggest warmonger in the entire Middle East, fully backed by the United States.

Israel is the biggest recipient by FAR of US Foreign Aid, and it makes absolutely no sense at all.

Without US aid, the Israeli Government would collapse entirely, and the entire point would be moot.
edit on 19-3-2015 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join