It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World No Longer Bound to Defend Israel Internationally

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The Israeli electorate had a choice to make. By re-electing a leader who publicly reneged on his commitments to peace and a two-state solution, they voted against peace. What remains now is how the Palestinians and the world will react to the closure of the charade that was called the peace process.

Quote from source:
« Palestinians have for years lost hope in the peace process and have been telling everyone who is willing to listen that the Israeli leaders are merely giving lip service to it as their own bulldozers were gobbling up Palestinian lands. The world kept on believing in the lip service until the Israeli public forced their leader to state his case in Hebrew to his own people. Now that we know that Israel is not a democracy to all its citizens (see Netanyahu's racist comments about Arab citizens) and Netanyahu never meant his commitment to a Palestinian state, the world must react.»

Quote from source:
«The efforts by the UN's non-member state of Palestine to pursue Israel in the International Criminal Court must now be seen as a positive nonviolent act that is much kinder to Israel than what should happen to an occupying power. Instead of criticizing Palestine, the US and other western countries must praise the actions of Mahmoud Abbas as a moderate peaceful alternative to various offers of resistance.»

Christiane Amanpour said on CNN Tuesday:

without support for a Palestinian state, the Israeli leader is offering no alternative except for an apartheid-like situation where four million Palestinian under Israeli military control have no political rights.

Attempts to say that the conflict can be resolved if both parties just sit down and talk was based on the assumption that Israel is a democratic state for all its citizens and thus can't accept to politically disenfranchise another people and that the state of Israel accepts to replace the occupation with an independent Palestinian state. Both these assumptions have been wiped by Netanyahu and therefore Palestinians are no longer bound by the need to continue to pretend that the conflict can be solved simply through direct Palestinian-Israeli engagement.

The role and the responsibilities of the international community to resolve a conflict that all agree has poisoned the air in the Middle East region is now paramount. It is no longer acceptable that international instruments such as the Security Council and the International Criminal Court be disabled in favor of Israel. No one country should be allowed to be above international law. And Israel has now lost any chance of world powers protecting it from international justice.

World No Longer Bound to Defend Israel Internationally

Whats your opinion ATS?
edit on 19/3/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

+40 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I currently have two major issues with Netanyahu's Israel. The first is their atrocious treatment of the Palestinians - I believe the Torah has some pretty explicit directions regarding the treatment of the "resident alien", I recommend they brush up on that, if their going to run of the "God's People" rhetoric. The other problem is the insane notion that if you disagree with them, criticize their policies or anything they don't like, they'll tar you with the "anti-Semitism" brush. Convenient way of avoiding all discussion.
edit on Fri Mar 20 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

TEASE ; D

edit on 19-3-2015 by Rhiannon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Let's not get ahead of ourselves and jump to conclusions, and just be patient and see what happens.

I seriously doubt Israel will launch any new military offensive if Hammas doesn't provoke them first by doing anything stupid.

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
If Israel launches any more operations on Palestine I think tensions between the U.S. and Israel may change for the worse, even more so than now.

Something has to break

And if this isn't apartheid, then what is?
edit on -180002015-03-19T12:52:04-05:000000000431201504032015Thu, 19 Mar 2015 12:52:04 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ironhawke
I currently have two major issues with Netanyahoo's Israel. The first is their atrocious treatment of the Palestinians - I believe the Torah has some pretty explicit directions regarding the treatment of the "resident alien", I recommend they brush up on that, if their going to run of the "God's People" rhetoric. The other problem is the insane notion that if you disagree with them, criticize their policies or anything they don't like, they'll tar you with the "anti-Semitism" brush. Convenient way of avoiding all discussion.

What he said

There will never be peace if they keep criminalizing the Palestinians. At some point they will feel backed up against the wall and it's gonna be the same masacre/bloodbath they had last year... why can't we all just get along

I also think that Israel in some way was involved in killing off jews in WW2. It al makes sense because that's how fu$&ed up they are in the head. And with they i mean their government.
edit on 19-3-2015 by Annunak1 because: i bow down to no man

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Annunak1

And we forget that what started it all was Hammas bombing of Israel from civilian locations( hiding themselves in hospitals etc ) and therefore provoking their reaction, almost like anticipating it.

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

A bit simplistic, that. Hamas' reactions (note that word?) stems from Israeli reactions to Hamas reactions to Israeli reactions to..ad nauseum. Blaming everything on one side is, in a certain sense, condoning the actions of the other.

+18 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Let's not get ahead of ourselves and jump to conclusions, and just be patient and see what happens.

How patient must we be? If any of us on ATS lived in the same conditions as the Palestinians we would not have the patience they've had for decades.

I think it's about time the Worlds Community treat Israel in the same way Souh Africa was treated in the days of apartheid. They should be shunned by the World until such time they start meaningful peace talks.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

You ignore the fact that last years Israeli military offensives were provoked by Hammas constant bombing. They were the one who started it all.

Blaming everything on one side is, in a certain sense, condoning the actions of the other.

I agree with you. But just, people here chose to ignore the fact that Hammas was bombing Israel on daily bases. In my opinion, Israel had the right to fight back against terroristic organization that runs Palestine.

On a side note, many people are wondering what would happen if some new people and a new government run Israel, me on the other hand, is wondering what would happen if Palestine stopped being run by Hammas.
edit on 19-3-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I seriously doubt Israel will launch any new military offensive if Hammas doesn't provoke them first by doing anything stupid.

LOL right, it's Hammas' fault that IDF soldiers TERRORIZE 5 year olds. It's Hammas' fault that jew women spit on palestinian children. It's Hammas' fault that the Rabbi's teach:

* The purpose of Gentiles — to serve Jews:
“Goyim were born only to serve us. Without that, they have no place in the world – only to serve the People of Israel.”

“In Israel, death has no dominion over them… With gentiles, it will be like any person – they need to die, but [God] will give them longevity.

Why? Imagine that one’s donkey would die, they’d lose their money. “This is his servant… That’s why he gets a long life, to work well for this Jew.”

“Why are gentiles needed? They will work, they will plow, they will reap. We will sit like an effendi and eat… That is why gentiles were created.” – Weekly Saturday night sermon in October 2010

* Hurricane Katrina as divine punishment for godlessness and American support for the disengagement from Gaza:

“There was a tsunami and there are terrible natural disasters, because there isn’t enough Torah study… Black people reside there [New Orleans]. Blacks will study the Torah? [God said] let’s bring a tsunami and drown them.”

“Hundreds of thousands remained homeless. Tens of thousands have been killed. All of this because they have no God.”

“Bush was behind Gush Katif [the Gaza settlement bloc]. He encouraged Sharon to expel Gush Katif… We had 15,000 people expelled here, and there 150,000. It was God’s retribution… God does not short-change anyone.”– Weekly Saturday night sermon in July 2005

* On making peace with Arabs:
“How can you make peace with a snake?” “Those evildoers, the Arabs — it says in the Gemara [Talmud] that God is sorry he ever created those sons of Ishmael.” – Weekly Saturday night sermon in August 2000

* On Muslims: “They’re stupid. Their religion is as ugly as they are.”

Of course... the destruction caused by international jews is always someone else's fault.... 'SEND US MONEY we need free houses to live in. SEND US MONEY because we like being the biggest welfare wh....s so we can spend our time fomenting hate so that the non-jews are so busy fighting each other, they'll never have the time to realize that they are our cows.'

Disgusting!

+32 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I agree with you. But just, people here chose to ignore the fact that Hammas was bombing Israel on daily bases.

Ya, that happens sometimes when you impose an occupation on another group of people...for the last 50 + years.

Your posts are ignorant...

edit on 19-3-2015 by BestinShow because: add 'are'

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Rhiannon

Don't put words in my mouth. Read carefully what I've said.

All i was saying is that in my opinion, Israel had the right to fight back against terroristic organization. I'm not trying to justify any war crimes committed by both sides or get into what's someone preaching.

ATS should take a step back from demonizing Israeli people.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

And you ignore the fact of how unfair it is that in 1917 Britain gave the 2.5% minority Palestinians Jews the land that belonged to a majority Palestinian Arabs.

This massive injustice has been festering for 98 years, so you might understand they are a bit piffed at the moment, when the whole World is ignoring their blight for nearly a century.

The West should hang their head in shame for allowing this to happen in today's world. I'm embarrassed to be British when it comes to this debate!

edit on 19.3.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Annunak1

And we forget that what started it all was Hammas bombing of Israel from civilian locations( hiding themselves in hospitals etc ) and therefore provoking their reaction, almost like anticipating it.

LMFAO you really think people believe israeli hazbara anymore?

'Of the four million Jews under Nazi control in WW2, six million died and alas only five million survived.'

I think we've been warned at who 'starts it all'

GRANT, USYSSES S. 19th century American general, politician. While in command of the 13th Army Corps, headquartered at Oxford, Mississippi, he became so infuriated at Jewish camp-followers attempting to penetrate the conquered territory that he finally attempted to expel the Jews:

"I have long since believed that in spite of all the vigilance that can be infused into post commanders, the special regulations of the Treasury Department have been violated, and that mostly by Jews and other unprincipled traders.

So well satisfied have I been of this that I instructed the commanding officers at Columbus to refuse all permits to Jews to come South, and I have frequently had them expelled from the department, but they come in with their carpet-sacks in spite of all that can be done to prevent it. The Jews seem to be a privileged class that can travel anywhere.

They will land at any woodyard on the river and make their way through the country. If not permitted to buy cotton themselves, they will act as agents for someone else, who will be at military post with a Treasury permit to receive cotton and pay for it in Treasury notes which the Jew will buy up at an agreed rate, paying gold. (Letters to C. P. Wolcott, assistant secretary of war, Washington, December 17, 1862)

1). The Jews, as a class, violating every regulation of trade established by the Treasury Department, and also Department orders, are hereby expelled from the Department.

2). Within twenty-four hours from the receipt of this order by Post Commanders, they will see that all of this class of people are furnished with passes and required to leave, and anyone returning after such notification, will be arrested and held in confinement until an opportunity occurs of sending them out as prisoners, unless furnished with permits from these headquarters.

3). No permits will be given these people to visit headquarters for the purpose of making personal application for trade permits. By order of Major Gen. Grant Jno. A. Rawlings, Assistant Adjutant General (General Order Number 11, December 17, 1862)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Is it me or is your math not adding up? Not sure if you were making a point??

4 million under Nazi Control
6 million killed = (- 2 million)
5 million survived ?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

S&F

I already posted this vid elsewhere but it is relevant here as well :

Netanyahu Unmasks Israel

Desperate to win reelection, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu stripped off Israel’s mask and exposed the ugliness that has deformed his country over the past several decades. He abandoned the subterfuge of a two-state solution, exposed the crass racism that underlies Israeli politics, and revealed Israel’s blatant control of the U.S. Congress.

For years, these realities were known to many Americans, but – if they spoke up – they were condemned as anti-Semites, so most stayed silent to protect their careers and reputations. But – given Netanyahu’s brazen admissions – the American people may have little choice but to finally take notice of this troubling reality and demand a change in U.S. policy.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu meeting with his generals to discuss the offensive in Gaza in 2014.

The truth is that the two-state solution has been a fiction for at least the past two decades, dying in 1995 with the assassination of Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin. But the two-state illusion still served important political purposes both for Israelis, who would pay it lip service while continuing their steady encroachment on Palestinian lands, and for U.S. politicians who could point to the mirage as an excuse not to pressure Israel too hard on its human rights violations.

Yet, whenever any U.S. official actually tried to reach that shimmering oasis of a two-state solution, it would recede into the distance. Then, the Israelis would rely on their friends and allies in the news media and politics to blame the Palestinians. Now, however, the illusion of Israel seeking such an outcome in good faith has been lost in Netanyahu’s anything-goes determination to keep his office – a case of political expediency trumping strategic expediency.

In the closing days of the campaign, Netanyahu promised that as long as he was prime minister he would block a Palestinian state and would continue building Jewish settlements on what international law recognizes as Palestinian land.

To further rally his right-wing Jewish base, Netanyahu warned that “Arab voters are streaming in huge quantities to the polling stations” – an alarm similar to racist politicians in the United States motivating the white vote with claims about loads of blacks being bused to the polls. With his crude appeal, Netanyahu undermined the longstanding denial that Zionism is a form of racism.

Even before Netanyahu’s last-minute histrionics, he had exploited his relationship with the United States to burnish his reputation as a world leader by appearing for a record-tying third time as a foreign leader addressing a joint session of the U.S. Congress. (Only Great Britain’s Winston Churchill had appeared three times before Congress.)

Acting as almost a stand-in for the President of the United States, Netanyahu gave what amounted to a faux State of the Union address filled with scary tales about Iran and with dire warnings against international negotiations seeking to ensure that Iran’s nuclear program remains peaceful.

Though some Democrats boycotted the speech because it represented an unprecedented insult to an American president, the Republican majority and many Democrats gave Netanyahu more than 40 ovations as they cheered his vitriolic attacks on Iran and his denunciations of the negotiations supported by President Barack Obama.

Bomb, Bomb, Bomb Iran

Then, last weekend, a prominent neoconservative Joshua Muravchik admitted that the almost certain outcome of Netanyahu’s scuttling of the negotiations would be to bomb Iran. Muravchik laid out this scenario in a Washington Post article headlined “War is the only way to stop Iran” in print editions and “War with Iran is probably our best option” online.

“What if force is the only way to block Iran from gaining nuclear weapons? That, in fact, is probably the reality,” Muravchik wrote. “Sanctions may have induced Iran to enter negotiations, but they have not persuaded it to abandon its quest for nuclear weapons. Nor would the stiffer sanctions that Netanyahu advocates bring a different result. …

“Does this mean that our only option is war? Yes, although an air campaign targeting Iran’s nuclear infrastructure would entail less need for boots on the ground than the war Obama is waging against the Islamic State, which poses far smaller a threat than Iran does. … Wouldn’t destroying much of Iran’s nuclear infrastructure merely delay its progress? Perhaps, but we can strike as often as necessary.”

In other words, if Netanyahu keeps pulling the strings of the U.S. government, an open-ended war on Iran is the almost certain result. But Netanyahu, for short-term political gain, risked Israel’s longstanding support from the American people by spotlighting his role as the marionette of the U.S. Congress.

Netanyahu’s reelection victory has clarified the situation for the American people in another way. We now know there will be no two-state solution with the Palestinians as Israel cements its status as an apartheid state – and all the cries of “anti-Semitism” are not likely to silence people taking notice of this reality since the Israeli Prime Minister himself has taken the sting out of the slur.

The American people now have little choice but to recognize that Israel intends to maintain and expand its “Jewish state” pushing the Palestinians into isolated enclaves. For nearly a half century, Israel has exercised effective control over these indigenous people in the West Bank and Gaza (totaling more than 4 million people), but there was always the hope of a Palestinian state.

Now, by jettisoning the prospect of a “two-state solution,” Netanyahu will institutionalize what had long been the unacknowledged fate of the Palestinians. In essence, Netanyahu is opting for a one-state solution, just with most Palestinians confined to a state-less netherworld where they will be denied political rights, left to wither and die.

And, whenever some Palestinians act up, Israel will wage war against them, killing thousands at a time and destroying their homes and infrastructure, what Israelis call “mowing the grass.”

With the facades gone, Americans must decide if they will embrace this apartheid system or not. Many Christian Zionists, who are a powerful force inside the Republican Party, are okay with Israel’s brutal repression because they see the Jews taking this land as a step toward fulfilling a biblical prophecy so Jesus can return to earth as its king.

But rational Americans are confronted with a difficult moral choice. Either continue supporting Netanyahu in brutalizing the Palestinians and in his looming war against Iran (using the U.S. military to carry it out) or insist that the U.S. government reassess its relationship with Israel.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
My thoughts are that Netanyahu manufactured consent with his proclamation the night before that there would never be a two state solution under his watch.

Knowing that he wouldn't lose (rigged voting), he brought the majority of the Isreali people under the same umbrella as the zionist regime.

I see Bibi having more problems with his own people, then the Palestinians or Iranians.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

The original Jewish state proposal was made back in December 2014, right before the Knesset (Israeli Gov) was dissolved, forcing the elections that just took place this week.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

ATS should take a step back from demonizing Israeli people.

So predictable, right on cue.... Here we go....shut up! shut up! lol

ATS isn't demonizing anyone.

I stated my opinion JE SUIS CHARLIE!!!
I also posted a quote of actual events by a U.S. General that loved America first.

You have the right to say whatever you want, so does everyone else. Imagine that

@flammadraco No, I saw that somewhere and I appreciate sarcasm

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join