It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Francisco Catholic church installs watering system to drench homeless people as they sleep

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I had firsthand witness of a Catholic Church in Phoenix being used as a 'safe' place to sleep the night & the Priest just looked-the-other-way, but did not condone homeless sleepers as a tent city would have probably arose...
from my perspective the regulars' at the Church grounds, parking area were not the dirtball stoners that shot-up...

the ones that whispered the 'safe location' kept it secret from the Street Folks who they must have bumped elbows with at the lunch & dinner handouts at the different location St Vincent DePaul Society venue.... 200+ every day under normal conditions, which I witnessed on 4 different visits
I was then living in my Van, a Ford econoline, a contractor's vehicle on workdays and my RV by night & weekends...
until I got a plum 2 bed apt in a 6 plex for $100 Mo cash and $600 mo subsidized section 8 living arrangement...
I tried to help out a half dozen homeless who would do work and were OK with not taking dumps in the bushes as a way of homelife

the 'Church' as 'Sanctuary' has been gone as long ago as Quazimoto has met his heavenly reward
the church is a business, a 501 C I think, and having riffraff scare off the parishioners is not a good business mode;...
hose 'em down

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Homeless 1 - Church 0
Now the homeless know where to get a free bath and water this summer!

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Imightknow

Look deeper.

The Church is just a business catering to their clientele. Change business processes and sometimes you lose your most loyal customers. People still believe in God ... even when they lose 'faith' in The Church.

It's not the end of the world, but it's a step in the wrong direction or hypocrisy exposed. I've already decided which way I see it.

What are we up to now ... four or five?? ... out of hundreds!

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
With a raise of hands who wants black crack heads sleeping on there door stop pandering your guests or customers.

Didn't think so.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: circuitsports
With a raise of hands who wants black crack heads sleeping on there door stop pandering your guests or customers.
Didn't think so.

Well thus far nobody has answered that repeatedly asked question. I think that is because most people would never want homeless people living in their own yard, I know I would not. I do feel very bad for a lot of them though myself, and I have tried to do my part to help the homeless various times throughout my life.

I understand the other side too though. I am sure the Church does not want people showing up on Sunday mornings to piles of human feces, as well as dog feces. Probably not the smell of urine either, as well as drug paraphernalia, vomit, condoms, shopping carts and trash laying around all over the place after Saturday night. Let alone after every other night of the week.

I will say this though my friend, there is no reason to single out black folks as the only crack addicts. I understand that a lot of them are black, but that is a cultural thing in the big cities. There are crack addicts of every race these days all over. ~$heopleNation
edit on 19-3-2015 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Of course there is a reason to single out black homeless people in San Fran I have seen them rob, stab, destroy and harass the downtown area. There are plenty of other races doing #, but time and time again I see black people distinguish themselves by doing the over the top #, like the knockout game. Last time I was there I saw a black guy kick this lady in the face at a Carl's Jr, two nights later I saw one hit a black lady in the head with a beer bottle in union square. Next people will say they make a positive difference in Oakland too.

No one has any problem saying its the white bankers that are destroying the world, fairs fair.

edit on 19-3-2015 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: circuitsports

Well, actually, I think I'd prefer "black crack heads" around me to someone like, say, you...

No offense... just a fact.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Why do people keep asking if other woulds like drug addicts in their yard.
This is a Church who's main aim is to teach Christian values, which is to care for the less fortunate.
This Church is teaching Hypocrisy, the fact is they dont care about the less fortunate, they just want to look nice for their parishioners and keep the money rolling in.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
This whole thread is based on the me generation and how other people are so mean. These "homeless" piss and crap all over the place, leave their infected needles and all we hear is how mean the church is. Of course you leave out that part.

Bring the filth to your home and and all will be well with you sanctimonious, self righteous hypocrites..

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: circuitsports

Well, actually, I think I'd prefer "black crack heads" around me to someone like, say, you...

No offense... just a fact.

You are so full of it. Easy to say sitting behind a keyboard. I'll bet you would be the first to call the cops and feel justified when the cops shot those black crack heads...

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: truckdriver42

And how do you know I'm not a black crack head? Or maybe something far lower on the social ladder... like a striped woman who sniffs glue?

But your are entirely correct... I AM full of it.

I politely invite you to fill up on it as well... but the release of it is much better.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: truckdriver42

You dont even see the irony.
We're sanctimonious self righteous hypocrits?????
we not the ones preaching values we dont believe in., thet would be this Church.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

This isn't something pope Francis would approve of I am sure

Wait till he gets the wind if this

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This is a tough call. First, it is California...the land of liberal paradise where it isn't possible to be homeless because the government does everything for the people. Or, did the liberal ideals fail? Now homeless, in general, can be very dirty people who urinate where they lay and some are truly nuts and possibly dangerous to others. Obviously you can't permit that at an entrance to a building where families including children enter. And water isn't a weapon (the liberal says "give us time").

But I see some people here saying "What would Jesus do" but some of these people are also like mad dogs AGAINST religion. Odd to see the views of Jesus expressed by people who basically hate him and religion in general. Speaking of hypocrisy.

But at the end of the day, I'm sure the church considered this problem and came up with the best solution available. The local government obviously couldn't or wouldn't protect "God's home" and they responded in the least intrusive way possible. Creating an inconvenience for people who were illegally trespassing, instead of having them arrested.

But wait...I'm sorry. The purpose of this thread was to crucify the church for their actions. It had nothing to do with real discussion about the homeless. Again, people are just a weapon against others when you are a liberal. Sorry...didn't mean to make sense.
edit on 3/20/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
There have been so many Bible threads lately, and I noticed a lot of Catholic's defending the Catholic doctrine, going toe to toe in the argument, but I dont see much from them on this thread.
If I were a defender of the faith, I wouldnt touch this with a ten foot pole either.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
There have been so many Bible threads lately, and I noticed a lot of Catholic's defending the Catholic doctrine, going toe to toe in the argument, but I dont see much from them on this thread.
If I were a defender of the faith, I wouldnt touch this with a ten foot pole either.

I'm a former Catholic who decided it wasn't for me but still supports the "idea" of religion as a gauge and goal of what people should strive to be. And if you missed my post right above yours...feel free to peruse.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

I dont think I have seen your posts on the Bible threads, defending the Catholic Church as the only true Church. But, maybe I missed them.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1

I dont think I have seen your posts on the Bible threads, defending the Catholic Church as the only true Church. But, maybe I missed them.

No...you probably haven't. I tend to visit other subject matter threads but that doesn't keep religion from coming up. And on the "only true church"...not part of my belief system. I'm not sure there is a God, but I hope there is. And any God I would accept would denounce religion in general. God can be worshiped anywhere by anyone who believes...it wouldn't matter to God. It WOULD matter to a religion or church with bills to pay. Not a debate, just an explanation.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

We probable just havent ran into each other before, because my beliefs are pretty much an echo of yours. Im still working out the details of the religious programming from childhood.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Mine was simple. Asked a Priest a couple questions at Confirmation and got blown off. Realized that religion opposed some science and I saw some cult aspects. Excommunicated for not attending confession in two years kinda ended it without any effort on my part. But again...God? No problem, really hope it is true. Religion...not my thing.

But regardless...I guess I met someone new today

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join