It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Historical cover up!) Earths 1st Nuclear War Will Be Her 2nd.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
oh here is some more interesting info

When excavations of Harappa and Mohenjo-Daro reached the street level, they discovered skeletons scattered about the cities, many holding hands and sprawling in the streets as if some instant, horrible doom had taken place. People were just lying, unburied, in the streets of the city. Excavations down to the street level revealed 44 scattered skeletons, as if doom had come so suddenly they could not get to their houses. All the skeletons were flattened to the ground. A father, mother and child were found flattened in the street, face down and still holding hands. And these skeletons are thousands of years old, even by traditional archaeological standards. What could cause such a thing? Why did the bodies not decay or get eaten by wild animals? Furthermore, there is no apparent cause of a physically violent death. These skeletons are among the most radioactive ever found, on par with those at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. At one site, Soviet scholars found a skeleton which had a radioactive level 50 times greater than normal. Other cities have been found in northern India that show indications of explosions of great magnitude. One such city, found between the Ganges and the mountains of Rajmahal, seems to have been subjected to intense heat. Huge masses of walls and foundations of the ancient city are fused together, literally vitrified! And since there is no indication of a volcanic eruption at Mohenjo-Daro or at the other cities, the intense heat to melt clay vessels can only be explained by an atomic blast or some other unknown weapon. The cities were wiped out entirely.

From- theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...
ed it on 18-3-2015 by Quadlink because: link added

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadlink

Only 10 posts above yours, I explain in depth how those verses are indeed from the Mahabharata, but occur thousands of pages apart, and are in fact disparate verses and parts of verses cherry-picked to put a pre-determined message into the mouths of the ancient Hindus, in order to lend it greater authority.

I guarantee that you could do the very same with the Bible. I guarantee you could do the very same with Moby Dick, even.

It is a very sexy story, but find me a copy of the Mahabharata online where those verses occur in that order. There is no such copy.

Many hoaxes exist on the internet because people aren't willing to do the legwork of checking the primary sources themselves. It comes down to a sort of faith, actually. Most people feel that faith in any given religion taken at random is probably misplaced (do you believe in African Animism, perchance? How about Zorasterism?), but don't take the logical next step of realizing that faith in printed word is just as dangerous!

Deny ignorance, guys!

www.jasoncolavito.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Let's start off with some actual fact regarding these allegations.

The Indus Valley Civilization existed from ~ 3500 BPE until roughly 1500 BPE

For a nuclear war to have ended the IVC it would have had to have happened at the end of that civilization.

There are no fissile materials useable in nuclear weapons that have so short a half-life that they would be undetectable after only 3500 years.

The IVC had 3 periods, Early, Middle and Late. The bodies claimed to have been holding hands and killed in an instant have been dated to different time periods. Some from the Early stages of IVC and some from the Late IVC. The quality of preservation isn't attributable to radioactivity, it is an environmental nature, just like in Egypt, the area was extremely hot and dry with temperatures as high as 128'F.

There were only 37 bodies found, hardly representative of a large scale civilization and again, these people died thousands of years apart, not simultaneously.

Contrary to fringe or pseudoscience web pages, these bodies were not located in the streets, on sidewalks or anywhere else but in an actual grave. That's right. All of those people had been buried. Just to clarify one point, technically some of the bodies from the late period appear to have been buried on or above a street BUT that is because they were from the Late Period and new buildings and roadways had been built on top of the remains of the Early period. These people were buried during the late period and the street beneath them was from the early period. Once again...they were buried ABOVE a road from well over 1000 years prior to their births.

The IVC crafted their buildings out of mud bricks. There is no way mud brick buildings can withstand the shockwave of a nuclear detonation. What do we see at these sites? You guessed it...15 foot tall mud brick walls.

There are many claims of objects being turned to glass, similar to what is seen today at the Trinity site in New Mexico where the US tested its first nuclear weapons. This process is called vitrification. The only vitrified material found at these IVC sites were the dumping grounds for pottery. And a small amount of pottery at that.

Pottery begins as soft clay and when it is fired in a kiln, it is then vitrified. When you fire pottery, you get a specific type of vitrification called 'Frit'. This is the only type of vitrification found at Mohenjo Daro and it was not at an epicenter as many of these sites and people try to claim.

Likewise, the claimed radiation is nonexistent. It isn't in any of the field notes from the original excavations from 1922-1931 nor is it in any later notes. It is completely made up. If anyone feels I am wrong, please show me a citation that demonstrates this to be real radioactivity.

Just for fun, there are only a few types of vitrification. For example there is Fulgurite, which is sand fused by a lightning bolt. There is Tektite, which is sand fused by the compressed force of a meteorite. There is Frit which is partially fused sand and other chemicals in the presence of heated pottery – that’s what was found at Mohenjo Daro. Finally there is Trinitite which is vitrified sand caused by a nuclear explosion. No Trinitite found anywhere near Mohenjo Daro.

The line referring to 'Ten Thousand Suns' is used multiple times in ancient Indian texts and is a reference to the appearance of a deity from their Pantheon. In this particular instance it is referring to Vishnu.

“Gratified with him, the holy one then showed Utanka that eternal Vaishnava form which Dhananjaya of great intelligence had seen. Utanka beheld the high-souled Vasudeva of universal form, endued with mighty-arms. The effulgence of that form was like that of a blazing fire or a thousand suns. It stood before him filling all space. It had faces on every side. Behold the high and wonderful Vaishnava form of Vishnu."

The reference to people losing hair and nails from Nuclear Fallout actually says the following

“The streets swarmed with rats and mice; earthen pots showed cracks or broken from no apparent cause. At night, the rats and mice ate away the hair and nails of slumbering men.” -
So no, there was no fallout, rats ate away at these people.

Finally, the likely reason that sites like Mohenjo Daro were abandoned had nothing at all to do with nuclear war or any warfare at all. The Indus River changed its course enough over the 2000 years the IVC thrived until the city was no longer near a source of water. Thus they were forced to move, in this case to the Ganges.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

as recorded in the Mahabharata

Considering the age and engineering complexity of the pyramid(s), and considering findings such as the antikythera mechanism, I certainly would not rule-out the possibility that nuclear (or even more advanced) technology was previously harnessed and utilized in our ancient and mysterious past.

You may want to add the

bbcodes to distinguish your comments from 3rd party source..

There is a pink elephant flying in that image, all is now possible.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
There's two ad on that link that is blocking the words. Cannot read, do you have another.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
They have talked about this in the marinara.. And the bagavatita.. (Spelling?) sorry I'm posting from my phone.

Graham Hancock has stated this in the past. And have others.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure it was in tha Carbonara and not the Marinara.

originally posted by: Vento
They have talked about this in the marinara.. And the bagavatita.. (Spelling?) sorry I'm posting from my phone.

Graham Hancock has stated this in the past. And have others.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I read the link about the Biblical proof, and it is nonexistent. The famine in and around Egypt for 7 years doesn't mean there was a nuclear war.
edit on 19-3-2015 by iNobody because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ibelievethemsm
a reply to: Krazysh0t

they could of used a form of scalar weaponry?

And what is that?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: iNobody

This is correct, there has been a strange idea floating around the net in recent years of a nuclear war only within the last ten thousand years but the evidence for such is absolutely non existent and using the bible to prove it is also wrong.

There may have been celestial phenomena and there may have been a meteor event during or even causing the dark ages so much more recent, morien-institute.org...

And therefore it stands to reason such event's may have been more common than we imagine with possible misinterpretation by scholars looking to push such an agenda, like I say I do believe it is plausible and even from a Christian perspective not beyond the scope of the bible to suggest pre adamite man or even antediluvian man may have achieved a high technology.

Oh I say Antideluvian and every one who does not have an Abrahamic faith has there eye's glaze over and think "OH NO! another bible bashing nutter".

Bare with me a little.

If the geology of the mid Atlantic suffered a reduction in magmatic or other sub crustal pressure at the end of or during one of the previous interglacial periods of the ice ages (possible also in line with a volcanic energy release and even perhaps the loss of several large volcanic islands which may have acted a little like a bubble in a pan of thick porridge bursting, before it burst the surface of the porrage was higher but the release allowed it sink back down again until a new bubble forms- OH NO! now were getting into Atlantis Territory) then that reduces upward buoyancy of the continental region to the east of the Americas, this in turn could have led to submersion of previous land on the continental plate itself as it settled back down.

Also there is fair grounds as the Pacific Plate is much thicker and may have played host to several proto continents over the course of planetary history that the western seaboard of the south Americas plate is as the Andes crumple zone attests being pushed upward and riding over such a thicker plate, perhaps even a proto continent that either never broke the surface or as it would have been primarily basaltic so rich in iron unlike the lighter aluminium rich continental plate actually sank back down in very ancient time's possibly only having broke the surface during the age of the supercontinent's.

Now of course this means such an event could be cataclysmic and that in turn mean's tidal wave's perhaps miles in height as the world ocean sloshed over the land masses accommodating this huge planetary crustal shift, think of it like a super earth quake and very few places would have escaped a flood of suck magnitude.

So that is only one of many possible flood scenarios that could account for the Noah story, just one of many and similar story's are found around the world with variants, such as Iran in which an ancient Noah like character did not build a boat but built an underground shelter or Bunker to escape a terrible cold (of course for sake of argument Nuclear winter is one possibility) and hid his family and animals there until the ice passed and they then headed south to a promised land and another which I once saw on the Journeys in the Ring of Fire documentary's where an indigenous tribe believe they came from Sirius (as do quite a few tribes) and came in ships that sailed the sky.

The point is we have an accepted DOGMA and that is SEEN as Correct but then Copernicus knew the world was round, much of this current Dogma is actually now based on reason and ASSUMPTION from much less scientifically advanced periods such as the 1700's and the 1800's as well as the early 1900's and has not really been challenged, in fact many who do challenge these assumptions run foul of the fraternity's, establishment's and community's who maintain there plush seats with qualification's based on ASSUMPTIONS and whom among them hardly have an original thought to spare.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

I'm pretty sure it was in tha Carbonara and not the Marinara.

I could of sworn it was the Puttanesca.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
The post is fascinating, but I'm not sure I buy either the story nor the debunking about nuclear explosions.
First of all we are assuming this alleged nuclear explosion must have been a fissile one, which is kind of old-tech even nowadays and very inefficient. I would like to think that if a civilization was able to detonate such devices and probably (most probably in such a case) coming from another planet would have a much better tech like fusion, maybe even triggered by plutonium or uranium, but vastly more efficient than what we already know, at least publicly.

I am pretty sure none of us would dare to claim we know what is the level of nuclear tech actually available to the highest military research, it would be arrogance and ignorance at the nth power. So I would be very surprised to see a lot of nuclear falloff from these kind of devices, rather than something like tritium which has a half-life of a decade. Consider that the hbombs we were able to detonate on this planet were still extremely inefficient and needed a good amount of fissile material to trigger the fusion process, and that was the reason for the redioactive falloff.

I don't have a big problem with using ancient texts to investigate a possible atomic device, I am not religious and I think that we attribute too much creativity to ancient people, so they MAY have witnessed something of much higher tech that they wouldn't distinguish from magic. Instead I have a harder time to believe in the timelines and the attribution to kings/emperors/whatever political power of the time, and at the same time I'm a bit skeptic of the precision of dating since I am pretty sure we "average" too much here and there from laboratory data to real life variables that can alter radiation or initial distribution of isotopes.
However between dating from a scientific source and dating from ancient text I have not many doubts that the texts have many more reasons to be manipulated or just plainly wrong.

Thus I don't discount the possibility of this event and in fact I think scientifically is more an issue of falsifiability rather than proof of the contrary, but in the end, nobody knows for sure and I'll just consider the story a fascinating read without taking a hard stance.

continued...

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I was watching Family Fortunes once - the question was "Name a dangerous race", and the guest answered "The Arrabiatas".

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I have a bottle of that in the cupboard, very strong and I swear I will never touch another drop again Honeshtly.

No that actually show's a contemporary image painted at a later date trying to depict a story they could not understand but we seeing it through twentieth century eyes perceive very differently.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

All true, But what if it was a matter/antimatter bomb? or a plasma weapon? Or a type we don't even know about now?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: dismanrc

There are many exotic weapon's, quantum bomb perhaps, ill elaborate a little in a mo,

A anti matter bomb in theory should not be exact annihilation so should leave residual radiation much like a Nuke would.

An quantum device or even bomb may take several form's, dimensional collapse or disruption within a localized region, wormhole based weapons that could disrupt matter and destroy it, matter effected on it's time base relative to the flow of time in the TSC (Time space continuum) where matter is regarded as a standing wave at right angles to the flow of time so we perceive that wave as a constant as we too are on that flow and the same time base, if it is more complicated it may be possible to disrupt one element of the matter resonance causing the wave form to break down or fall out of phase with normal time flow, the effect would be slow or rapid molecular and then atomic cohesion breakdown with a possible non violent evaporation like effect as the matter literally appeared to dissolve, of course it would still be there just not in phase so it would fall back onto another time base as it's wave from component's disassociated - I thought about this a while back when reading about a UFO encounter in Argentina were Two discs irradiated a third Different downed disc with two dead blond human pilots and the local ranch hand who had seen it all found it turned first to grey dust them vanished entirely over several week's, he had been terrified and only told the tale many years later.

A wormhole weapon could create a field of short lived matter destroying micro tunnels were an object was and thus tear the object apart but the other end would have to bleed extreme gravity so it would only work if the wormholes had a duration long enough and an aperture large enough to consume sub atomic particles and one end was in a black hole so that means that is unlikely.

Radio Disruption technology, a soviet project used that in the 70's and 80's to successfully disrupt the molecular structure of test aircraft, basically an extremely powerful radio wave weapon so not bomb like.

Some of these method's leave no residual radiation other's are dirty.

Of course what if our reality itself is actually a result of two parallel worlds converging and the destruction of both time stream's creating a point of locai or unification, modern humans of one variant displace less advanced and alternative modern humans of another variant in the combinant reality, history up to that point may have been erased with people suddenly dumped into a hostile world with no idea how to survive and having to start from scratch.

edit on 19-3-2015 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: dismanrc

Some magical weapon that leaves ZERO evidence of its use? I find that highly unlikely.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I have a few archaelogical questions about Mohenjo Daro since finding reliable "official" sources seemed harder than expected and peter vlar seems very informed so I have to guess he had access to sources I am not able to find.

originally posted by: peter vlar
The Indus Valley Civilization existed from ~ 3500 BPE until roughly 1500 BPE

The gulf of Khambhat ruins dating are very contested (I think 2 laboratories stated it was about 8k years ago), iirc those ruins were attributed to Harappan culture, so were they connected to the IVC? And if so do you have any source that refutes the dating with other datings and not just "opinions" (like "it can't be" or "wood could have been older and reused" etc) even tho informed opinions?

For a nuclear war to have ended the IVC it would have had to have happened at the end of that civilization.

Or maybe just reset it at the end of the earlier periods?

The IVC had 3 periods, Early, Middle and Late. The bodies claimed to have been holding hands and killed in an instant have been dated to different time periods. Some from the Early stages of IVC and some from the Late IVC. The quality of preservation isn't attributable to radioactivity, it is an environmental nature, just like in Egypt, the area was extremely hot and dry with temperatures as high as 128'F.

There were only 37 bodies found, hardly representative of a large scale civilization and again, these people died thousands of years apart, not simultaneously.

On rationalwiki I found an unsourced claim that the dating was mostly because of the distribution of bodies, not actual dating. Do you have a source that describes the dating method? I also read in different articles that the excavations weren't done properly and maybe some contamination could have happened and skewed the results?

Contrary to fringe or pseudoscience web pages, these bodies were not located in the streets, on sidewalks or anywhere else but in an actual grave. That's right. All of those people had been buried. Just to clarify one point, technically some of the bodies from the late period appear to have been buried on or above a street BUT that is because they were from the Late Period and new buildings and roadways had been built on top of the remains of the Early period. These people were buried during the late period and the street beneath them was from the early period. Once again...they were buried ABOVE a road from well over 1000 years prior to their births.

This totally make sense, but many photos do seem to hardly proove the "burial" in favour of some kind of death on a street. Do you have a proper source that details the findings?

Likewise, the claimed radiation is nonexistent. It isn't in any of the field notes from the original excavations from 1922-1931 nor is it in any later notes. It is completely made up. If anyone feels I am wrong, please show me a citation that demonstrates this to be real radioactivity.

I left out the quotes about radioactivity and atomic effects for reasons I explained in my previous post. However I have no idea where this high radioactivity from bodies comes from. But why should it be so surprising if it was true? There is really nothing in official sources?

Finally, the likely reason that sites like Mohenjo Daro were abandoned had nothing at all to do with nuclear war or any warfare at all. The Indus River changed its course enough over the 2000 years the IVC thrived until the city was no longer near a source of water. Thus they were forced to move, in this case to the Ganges.

I think you are refferring to aryans moving into india in 1.5k bc (vedic period isn't it?).
Mohenjo Daro is 1 and half km from the Indus River today, why would they move more than 1000km west in an unexplored direction rather than just moving up towards the source if that was the case? In fact the reasons could be something like water poisoning that could somehow support the atomic theory or invasion for which there doesn't seem to be a source, or colonization/expansion for which there isn't a vast support either since there is a pretty big gap geographically.
For what reason (and possibly which source you would reference) to strongly believe in this migration?

thnx in advance
edit on 19 3 2015 by Mastronaut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

from evawaseerst.be

As a matter of fact the gods made the same mistakes humans are inclined to make in this 'modern' times. Although we are convinced our real leaders have learned their lesson from our creators and they are leading us in a subtle way. But it must been said: the job they face is very difficult with all those egocentric people everywhere.
The gods too became egocentric as a result of earth's laws, that force us to be the strongest, because only the strong survive on this planet. (Only some of the strongest of some species survived a mega catastrophe.)
Did the gods fought nuclear wars? In the end, yes we think so. There are too many indications about that, but nothing that is accepted as proof. Or did you expected our real leaders would accept some fact to be proof of an ancient nuclear war? Short said: a revelation would mean chaos, and a hunt for extraterrestrial knowledge without any scruples. People would be losing their religion and so many other chaotic things would happen.
The result would be: more unhappy people
Read www.evawaseerst.be...

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Mastronaut

The Indus Valley is highly radioactive and has a high percentage of birth defect's, it also has a dirty contaminating leak ridden local nuclear power station?.

Whether there is factual basis to the anomaly's claimed there the fact is that the story has been convenient to cover up those nuclear power station leak's that have caused a hell of a lot of suffering to the local people's.

This muddies the water of the area so the radiation may be ancient but is more likely down to contamination from those site's in more recent time's.

edit on 19-3-2015 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join