It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Historical cover up!) Earths 1st Nuclear War Will Be Her 2nd.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

Wasn't this covered in the History Channel's Ancient Aliens?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Wasn't this covered in the History Channel's Ancient Aliens?

If that's a polite way of saying "Isn't this a load of horsesh#te? You really should know better", then i applaud you.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
nevermind
edit on 18-3-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Yaay, what a collection of long-ago-debunked myths (India, giants), unsourced narrations (Soldiers killing a giant in Afghanistan), incorrect correlation of uncorrelated items (Tunguska->valley of death) and other really, really... esoterical things. I kind of missed the bosnian pyramides, though... Na, not really.

Please understand me, I like to read about mysteries like every other person too. I really like to imagine that there are great mysteries left to discover.

But this is a large heap of more or less desperate tries to "prove" an ancient nuclear war. I will not (and obviously can't) downvote this, but I would recommend the reader to take this thread in with a dose of doubt.

Just because something is "debunked" doesn't mean it isn't true. People offer alternative explanations for things all the time hoping that it adequately disproves what's being presented. Awful lot of information in that link to simply dismiss out of hand.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Correct, it simply means the Debunker has carried a persuasive argument and debunked is not disproven were disproven is actually irrefutable evidence to the contrary.

I tend to actually believe the Bosnian pyramids are exactly what they appear to be and that is artificial, I have yet to see a natural process layer concrete like that even if the tunnels beneath them look primitive but then they have suffered ages of seepage, earthquake, flood and other environmentally destructive processes that could only have obliterated anything smaller.
Also the Chinese pyramids are by no mean's fake and some are huge, the white pyramid was once over a thousand feet tall so actually classified as an artificial mountain.
Mount Shasta is a natural pyramid sacred to many in Asia.
The ancient stone map in the Urals may indeed be just that a map or a model though debunkers come out of the woodwork to attack like they are frightened or something.
There was a suspended and later suppressed announcement of a discovery in south America in the early to mid 90's about a gigantic pyramid seven time's larger than the great pyramid in Egypt (which as we know is not the largest anyway).

So much and so many but oh yeah it is all recent and we only just popped onto the scene, like yourself I take that as three blind mice chasing cheese that is not there and believe we are far older than orthodox anthropology or archaeology will admit.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
So...you want us to buy a book? Is that what I'm getting out of this?

So... Books should be given for free? It would be awesome as college would be so much more cheap.

Thx for the thread OP. Its obvious there is lots of things we learned in the accepted historical status quo (sometimes very expensive) books that are not accurate.

S&F.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Ok, I will help you out. I have been fond of this story, but I have to admit it is a known hoax.

The story that gives the Hindu Mahabharata verses that supposedly report the nuclear bomb actually come from a modern book called "Morning of the Magicians":

In 1960 Louis Pauwels and Jacques Bergier published Morning of the Magicians, their outrageous, Fortean compendium of conspiracies, misinterpretations, and lies. In that book, they drew on some weird Soviet “science” that suggested nuclear weapons had been used in ancient India. To support their claim, they quoted what they said was the Indian Mahabharata, an ancient Sanskrit epic poem from c. 400 BCE:

The "quoted" verses are these:

In the Mausola Purva, we find this singular description, which must have been incomprehensible to nineteenth-century ethnologists though not to us today: “…it was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death which reduced to ashes the entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas. The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. Their hair and nails fell out; pottery broke without any apparent cause, and the birds turned white. After a few hours, all foodstuffs were infected. The thunderbolt was reduced to a fine dust.”

And again: “Cukra, flying on board a high-powered vimana, hurled on to the triple city a single projectile charged with all the power of the Universe. An incandescent column of smoke and flame, as bright as ten thousand Suns, rose in all its splendor… When the vimana returned to Earth, it looked like a splendid block of antinomy resting on the ground.”

Now the funny thing is that those verses do all appear in the Mahabhrata, but they appear spread all over the massive book. In fact, sometimes only a few words at a time are taken from separate places, in an attempt to make it sound like they are describing a nuclear event by playing very dishonest tricks with context. "Morning of the Magicians", the source of this quote, has basically played that game where you clip words out of the newspaper and make a ransom note. Clearly no one would say the newspaper contained the ransom note, it was assembled by using all of the words out of context.

For instance, take this authentic translatation from the Mahabharata:

Day by day strong winds blew, and many were the evil omens that arose, awful and foreboding the destruction of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas. The streets swarmed with rats and mice. Earthen pots showed cracks or broken from no apparent cause. At night, the rats and mice ate away the hair and nails of slumbering men. […] That chastiser of foes commanded the Vrishnis to make a pilgrimage to some sacred water. The messengers forthwith proclaimed at the command of Kecava that the Vrishnis should make a journey to the sea-coast for bathing in the sacred waters of the ocean.

Clearly we can see why they were losing their hair and nails... rats ate them while they were sleeping! Sort of funny how the misleading quote above leaves that bit out, eh? And so too with the rest of it. They all come from similarly mundane verses like this.

Sadly, the Hindu bomb story is just a copy-paste job of a lie that is older than the internet.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
And what Does Robert Oppenheimer Have to Say ?

in alamogordo, new mexico, on july 16, 1945
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
Mount Shasta is a natural pyramid sacred to many in Asia.

Why would a active volcano in California be sacred to people who live several thousand km away?

There was a suspended and later suppressed announcement of a discovery in south America in the early to mid 90's about a gigantic pyramid seven time's larger than the great pyramid in Egypt

April fool's joke....

You seem to be gullible and want to believe any joke!

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

as recorded in the Mahabharata

Considering the age and engineering complexity of the pyramid(s), and considering findings such as the antikythera mechanism, I certainly would not rule-out the possibility that nuclear (or even more advanced) technology was previously harnessed and utilized in our ancient and mysterious past.

You may want to add the

bbcodes to distinguish your comments from 3rd party source..

Dont talk absolute bull#. Making a pyramid is not even remotely close to the science and engineering you need to build a nuclear bomb.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

That really is a garbage website that looks like a teenage nutjob's ramblings. No proof or real investigation. Not to mention the website is horrible

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

they could of used a form of scalar weaponry?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
By my count that makes 3 nuke wars on ol' Terra... not counting the nasty one's on Mars and what's left of the fifth planet, Venus and maybe Neptune, heh.

But that's based on not much more than this guy bases his guess on.

Not to say this isn't a very real possibility that I'm sympathetic to and this scenario has seemed reasonable even after taking a few undergrad anthro courses and even despite the fact this topic is a playground for religious dogma and unsound, unsupported assertions...

but there are more gaps in this guess than the standard historical timeline.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I would rather have gaps between truths than a carefully woven tapestry of lies purposed to make us paupers in our own kingdom.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Thanks for the great post HD3D,much of it resonates well

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TravelleOn

The OP's theory here is obviously way, WAY out there, but: the longer one studies history---that is, the story of everything in the human condition, from its beginning to the present day---the more surprises one finds. Well, I should say, they are "surprises" in that the facts of a given matter sometimes differ considerably from, and sometimes even outright contradict, the more or less "established history put out for public consumption".

I can think of at least one case in point that has direct bearing on this thread. In 1956, an expatriate Japanese chemist and scientist by the name of Kazuo "Paul" Kuroda (he had emigrated to the US) wrote a paper called "On the Nuclear Physical Stability of the Uranium Minerals". (Journal of Chemical Physics 25 (4): 781–782; 1295–1296.) In this paper, Kuroda predicted the existence of naturally-occurring uranium fission reactors. Surprise! 16 years later, a French physicist, Francis Perrin, discovered just such a phenomenon in Gabon, in Africa. Perhaps some of the evidence cited by the OP can be explained by this sort of thing? Perhaps a sustained burst of hard gamma radiation from a naturally-occurring reactor could turn sand to glass? I don't know that for a fact---the nuclear weapons tests that produced glass obviously had enormous heat---but I mention this as a possibility. Maybe, too, a naturally-occurring reactor whose uranium had been depleted through ongoing fission might explain some of the seemingly "spent uranium" / plutonium he described on his site? Some U-238 that had been exposed even in nature to a radiation emitter---also naturally occuring---in close proximity for a long period of time could conceivably become P-239.

The other really cool thing about Kuroda's brilliant hypothesis-turned-fact is that he was actually a nuclear weapons scientist for Japan during WWII. That's before Japan lost the war, Kuroda took the name "Paul" and married a Danish woman, moved to America, and went to work for the University of Arkansas. While at the University, he would periodically pull out 23 pages of notes that he had in his possession that were taken down either by him or by another insider that described the advanced nuclear physics being done by "Project Ni"---the Japanese Army's WWII atomic bomb project headquartered at the Riken Institute, north of Tokyo. Usually he showed the notes to his doctoral students when he had them over to his house for dinner.

You can't make this stuff up. Just sayin'.

news.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 18-3-2015 by williamjpellas because: fixed typo

edit on 18-3-2015 by williamjpellas because: Added text re: possible naturally-forming plutonium

edit on 18-3-2015 by williamjpellas because: Added hyperlink to BBC article that mentions Paul Kuroda's work in WWII Japanese atomic bomb project

edit on 18-3-2015 by williamjpellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
mountains melt like wax before face the Lord thy ... rock flowed like water bluffutah.org...
edit on 18/3/15 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Consider these verses from the ancient Mahabharata

…a single projectile charged with all the power of the Universe. An incandescent column of smoke and flame As bright as the thousand suns Rose in all its splendour… a perpendicular explosion with its billowing smoke clouds… …the cloud of smoke rising after its first explosion formed into expanding round circles like the opening of giant parasols… ..it was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death, which reduced to ashes The entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas. …The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. The hair and nails fell out; Pottery broke without apparent cause, And the birds turned white. After a few hours All foodstuffs were infected… …to escape from this fire, the soldiers threw themselves in streams to wash themselves and their equipment.

Until the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, modern mankind could not imagine any weapon as horrible and devastating as those described in the ancient Indian texts. Yet, they very accurately described the effects of an atomic explosion. Radioactive poisoning will make hair and nails fall out. Immersing oneself in water gives some respite, though it is not a cure.........

Seems a very good discription of nuclear weapons IMO..

Cheers

edit on 18-3-2015 by Quadlink because: structure

From - theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...
ed it on 18-3-2015 by Quadlink because: Link added

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
So.. was the war implemented using like.. magic or something? Think about current evolution. And the scientific advancements required to get to the point to create nuclear weapons. About delivery mechanisms.. about all the science leading up to the tech required to even discover how to split the atom.

And... none of this is found in our ancient past. We supposedly find skeletons holding hands.. their homes, etc.. but no metal.. plastics.. gears.. motors.. paved roads.. nada. Unless they made nuclear weapons out of wood and stone, there would be absolutely proof of the science needed to even make the things.

If you want to suggest they harvested some secret pyramid tech to create a nuclear explosion.. in another country.. ok, fine. No one will be able to disprove such a theory. Like I said.. magic. But other than that, they haven't found squat. They can find their stone tools and utensils and writings and carvings.. but not one iota of actual scientific advancement to the level that would be required for nuclear explosions.

And unless they killed themselves, they had to deliver the weapon somehow. With what.. a rocket? Airplane? Or again.. just more magic? Such advancements would again, require a lot of tech.. fuels, plastics, rocket science, aerodynamics, etc.

I'd be willing to accept nuclear weapons in our past, if there were any proof at all that they had the technology to harness it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join