It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1984 is here, Democrat wants to punish incorrect thought (climate deniers)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: mc_squared

You got me. Lol, no wonder why that irony was in your post. It was intentional.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Loveaduck
a reply to: grandmakdw

I live in FL

The governor just forbid the states biggest environmental agency from using the word sustainability, climate change and global warming, thus officially removing their "freedom of speech" I myself ask what is next? Internment camps? We notice the FEMA trucks are out driving around, blowing the sirens and yelling on the loudspeakers "This is only a test".... of the emergency alert system. We get these warnings on a weekly basis. Think he might be gearing up for panic during the climate change he's denying. Raising seas would naturally hit the FL coast first. Those carbon credits are going to be too little, too late.

You get it, the point of the OP!

Forbidding the use of a word or words.
We are truly entering 1984 and people are blind to it.
And people should be very very very worried and act by sending letters and civil disobedience
(USE the forbidden words!, express your thoughts!)

It really isn't about a political party at all. (that was to make my title snappy)
it is about gradual slip into totalitarianism
propelled by politicians of all bents who are in power.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You do know that Al Gore isn't currently an elected official right? He has no more say in how our country is ran than you or I.

And that helps me sleep at night, but the problem is Money and Elected officials go hand in....no make that hand to hand.
So now I can't sleep!

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
Al Gore at SXSW: We Need to ‘Punish Climate-Change Deniers’ and ‘Put a Price on Carbon’

ecowatch.com...

More proof that 1984 is becoming a reality and is upon us?

NSA surveillance
www.globalresearch.ca...
www.wired.com...

Monitoring through smart TV's how much each individual citizen sits in front of the TV, to prevent obesity
www.health.gov...

Other examples?

I think that what is in the book 1984
is very fast approaching reality.

Incorrect thoughts (climate, racial, sexual orientation) have become criminalized
and the movement to punish thought
and make politically incorrect thought a crime.

Scary, because what is politically correct today
becomes an ugly thought crime and not permissible tomorrow.

ALl other major religions have had their coming of age wars, the Climate Change Deniers religion is no different.

The climate changes. Before man. During man. After man. The climate baiters don't have to stop denying that; but they can not force that on others. Separation of the Climate Church and the state is a must.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

But his opinions aren't law nor are they even being considered to be laws. The OP is a lie. 1984 isn't here, because the opinions in it are just opinions of one man who REALLY takes climate change seriously.

Riight... He takes it so seriously that he is driven around in a lincoln limousine while his security drive behind in a large svu... He takes it so seriously that he still flies around in his own private jet. Not to mention that he still lives in a mansion that wastes more electricity than most people in the U.S... While he is being hailed as being green for changing a few lightbulbs in his mansion even though he still uses more electricity than most Americans...

All of that meanwhile he tells his fans to change their cars for a bicycle, and/or to take train rides, or other forms of public transportation...

Not to mention the multi-billion dollar industry that was put in place thanks to him, and which has made the rich even richer...

But of course, as long as it is claimed "he is doing it for the good of the Earth" it's alright...

edit on 18-3-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

You must misunderstand me or something. I'm not defending Gore. I'm just saying that there aren't any laws being drafted or implemented based on his opinions. To be honest, I could give a damn about his opinion on climate change. I don't support many politician claimed answers to climate change because they are mostly just cash grabs trying to benefit off of this environmental crisis.
edit on 18-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ok, I see what you mean. But do you remember the following, or have you seen it? It has been mentioned in the forums before.

Gore was not the only one that has been claiming that "we need immediate action", but it has been an excuse that many with political and/or financial conflict of interests have been spouting this line of reasoning that even Al Gore has been regurgitating. Gore just used what he saw as an opportunity to become more famous, richer and not to mention using this topic to fulfill his political aspirations, or try to.

Have you forgotten Obama's statements and attempts to circumvent Congress in passing laws "dealing with climate change"?

President Obama planning to use executive powers for climate change agreement, bypassing Congress: report

The president is planning to use his executive powers to avoid needing ratification from Congress on a deal that would compel nations to cut fossil fuel emissions, The New York Times reported Tuesday.

Convinced that Congress won’t go along with a sweeping international climate change agreement, the Obama administration is plotting an end run.

The president is planning to use his executive powers to avoid needing ratification from Congress on a deal that would compel nations to cut fossil fuel emissions, The New York Times reported Tuesday.

The agreement is expected to be signed in 2015 at a United Nations summit in Paris.

The U.S. Constitution requires a two-thirds majority approval from the Senate before a president can enter into a legally binding treaty.

Obama’s climate experts are working on a “politically binding” deal that would be added to a 1992 international climate change treaty. The pact would “name and shame” countries that don’t follow through on pledges to cut emissions.

www.nydailynews.com...

edit on 18-3-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

You do know that Al Gore isn't currently an elected official right? He has no more say in how our country is ran than you or I.

Must be a slow news day in the US if this kind of paranoid nonsense is occupying peoples minds.

People here really need to work out the difference between a free individual expressing an opinion, and the US government creating a law.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Here is my position on man made Climate Change. It is real. Here is my position on any political explanation for it. Exaggerated lies. Here is my position on all political attempts to fix it. Cash grabs.

Many on these forums mistake my assertion that man made climate change is real as also being for political arguments in favor of Climate Change as well as their solutions for it. That couldn't be further from the truth. They are in fact, different conversations completely.

Politicians ALWAYS deal in slippery slope fallacies, so any threat they want to bring to the attention of the public is always accompanied by mass hysteria and doom fearmongering. One must discard the political rhetoric surrounding Climate science then analyze THAT information.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
When they start locking people up for that, you can bet a revolution won't be far behind. They think they run this #. They will see who really does if they keep pressing #.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace

I can't believe people are even still listening to this guy. He and his wife are the reason "Parental Advisory" labels were put on albums. He's been an advocate for the Brain Police from day one.

Yes but the situation is far more bleak today than it was then. Back then, putting warning labels on albums just made the kids mad. Made them want to own them even more.

Today, the tide is shifting. You can feel it, smell it, taste it. Orwell pretty much stated that the worst censorship is self censorship. Eventually, the state won't have to do anything. People will be so afraid of standing out they will literally reprogram themselves to stay in line.

Scary as it is, the human desire for freedom is rather fragile

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Lock me up and make me rich. I'll sell my story to every media outlet world-wide. I'll write a book. I'll protest in the streets after I get out. I'll piss them off so bad that they take the law off the books if it ever does. Doooeeet!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join