It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1984 is here, Democrat wants to punish incorrect thought (climate deniers)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
what #ing comments are you reading. jesus christ... REDDIT IM TALKING TRASH ABOUT REDDIT THE REDDIT PEOPLE THE PEOPLE THAT USE REDDIT THAT COMMENT ON REDDIT!!!!!!! #ING REDDIT SUCKS NOT ATS...

I like ATS, that's why i've been a member for 5 years. i don't like the formatting similarities from REDDIT

just.. never mind...

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Ideological differences aside, I don't think you've made your case at all.

Objectively speaking, what about Al Gore encouraging people to not vote for deniers is so drastically different from the NRA encouraging people not to vote for people who propose legislation to restrict gun ownership? What makes it's worse than a minister who tells his congregation that if they don't vote for anti-abortion candidates they're complicit to murder? How is it somehow more indicative of a slide into totalitarianism than any questioning of acquiescence to Netenyahu's agenda being blasted as anti-Semitism? What about the Tea Party support of candidates who have the "correct thoughts."

There's no objective distinction. You see what you want to see or maybe I should say you see what they want you to see? For the sake of argument, did you consider that you may already be a victim of political programming to the extent that you automatically see anything that goes against this programming as an Orwellian plot? Seems as reasonable a thesis as yours.

edit on 2015-3-16 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

You won't get much support in fighting this until a conservative tries it.

Then people will be screaming like 12 year old girls at a Beiber concert.

Before this, your first response, I saw zero ideology-based responses. I saw a majority of people agreeing with the OP (and extrapolating on how megapowerful Al Gore is), and, like two people who thought that the title of the thread was a bit sensationalistic. (the OP admits this in a later post, saying he changed the wording because you need a 'catchy title' to get a thread looked at)

I agree with you that people are more likely to defend someone with whom they share an ideology...but you open with this little pot-shot against lefties, even though ideology shouldn't come into play when discussing free thought.

Do you think if a conservative had been the subject of this thread, that there wouldn't be conservatives all-in defending them because of ideology? I'd say the numbers would be near equal.

Would you have been as adamant against those who share your ideology defending someone based on that?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This is a great thread, don't listen to all the frightened Liberals here who just can't handle anyone having a different opinion.

You've made a lot of great points - in the 70's they said we were all headed for an ice age, then they magically turned around and said all the ice was going to melt and the whole planet was supposed to be underwater by now.

NONE of their predictions have come true! But the Church of Al Gore are so blinded by all the HYPERBOLE and FEAR and ALARMISM that they can't see the simple facts: this is all a GIANT HOAX so the government can TAX THE AIR WE BREATHE and TAKE OUR FREEDOMS AWAY and CONTROL OUR THOUGHTS THROUGH THE TV.

I am glad there are still independent thinkers here who can see through all the ALARMIST LIBERAL BS and understand the simple truth: 1984 IS real. Soylent Green IS people - IT'S MADE FROM PEOPLE!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: mc_squared
I am glad there are still independent thinkers here who can see through all the ALARMIST LIBERAL BS and understand the simple truth: 1984 IS real. Soylent Green IS people - IT'S MADE FROM PEOPLE!!!

I find it funny how you call the naysayer opinions in this thread "Alarmist Liberal BS", but conveniently forget that this whole thread is alarmist BS. There are no laws being drafted or signed because of Gore's words. He just voiced an opinion. That is all.

This whole thread is an overreaction to nothing.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: WizardVanWizard

Would you have been as adamant against those who share your ideology defending someone based on that?

Yes. Because if there would be ANYONE who would even state that others should be punished because they think differently, then in all reality. . . they DON'T share my ideology.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

NONE of their predictions have come true! But the Church of Al Gore are so blinded by all the HYPERBOLE and FEAR and ALARMISM that they can't see the simple facts

Okay I'm with you here. I can see your point of view. People should not be ruled their fear, should not be swayed by hyperbole, and should ignore alarmism. We're on the same pa-

this is all a GIANT HOAX so the government can TAX THE AIR WE BREATHE and TAKE OUR FREEDOMS AWAY and CONTROL OUR THOUGHTS THROUGH THE TV.

Wait.. What about that previous sentence about being blinded by fear, hyperbole, and alarmism?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
This is a pre-emptive strike to butter people up for the upcoming EPA regulations that will put big pressure on the entire coal industry.

The Progressives have a strategy and they are really afraid of being exposed as frauds.

I'd like us to use coal as a transition and have us do a 10 - 20 year
speed build up to Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactors.

At ORNL this reactor design had 6,000 full power hours with
no nuclear accident back in the 1960s-1970s.

I agree that in the near future, a reduction in coal is a good
idea as it actually gives off more airborne radioactive waste then
our current reactors do, and more ppl die due to coal related
accidents as well.

They can burn 90% of the current nuclear waste stockpiles in LFTR.

They 97% utilize the fuel that is put in LFTR.

It would also allow us to mine for our rare earth metals here
in the US and get two uses from one mining series.

A good place to begin to understand LFTR.

LFTR remix google tech talk circa 2009

Thorium would solve all power issues globally and create
electricity for less then 1 cent per Kilowatt per estimation
of multiple scientists who have researched LFTR.

Steam explosions are not possible in the LFTR design.

The reactor fails safe and requires no cooling pumps.
edit on 16-3-2015 by Ex_MislTech because: grammar

edit on 16-3-2015 by Ex_MislTech because: content

edit on 16-3-2015 by Ex_MislTech because: content

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

a reply to: ScientificRailgun

The OP clearly explained how Al Gore is controlling my thoughts through the TV, so I put my tinfoil helmet on and can't hear anything you crazy Liberals are trying to say about hypocrisy. Global warming is just Alarmist Liberal BS.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: mc_squared

You know, I was reading that post and thought to myself "This HAS to be satire. It HAS to be." But held my reservations and responded earnestly. Well player, clever sir. Well played.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
So ...

Al Gore did not say what the OP claimed he did. Check.

Expanded NSA surveillance began under a Republican President and Congress but is now the sole fault of a Democrat. Check.

One suggestion on 1 page out of a 571 page report on recommendations submitted by a non-partisan committee means that Democrats are using Smart TVs to monitor how many chips someone eats. Check.

It seems like this entire topic is little more than typical overblown fabrication by reactionaries who seem to have no interest in actually discussing factual material on ATS.

Regressives continually create these kinds of topics for no other reason than to shut-down their perceived political opposition.

Doesn't any one on the Right love freedom anymore? /sigh

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

No worries, sorry I do it a lot around here lately. I think a lot of people post political garbage on here just because they like to listen to themselves talk, but maybe they'll figure out how utterly redonkulous they sound when the same hypocritical nonsense is coming through someone else

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

No worries, sorry I do it a lot around here lately. I think a lot of people post political garbage on here just because they like to listen to themselves talk, but maybe they'll figure out how utterly redonkulous they sound when the same hypocritical nonsense is coming through someone else

The problem is cognitive dissonance.

Or rather the lack of it.

Love your posts!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
A federal judge ruled that you can legally throw snowballs( no rocks, shoes or rotten fruit) at Al Gore as a form of free speech protest against his advocacy of global warming. That's why he moved to his mansion in southern California. The guy is just an econazi.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Well, the anti climate change people have already banned the term "Climate Change" in Florida.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but when hasn't it been this way?

People have been put to the guillotine since the dawn of man for having opinions that disagrees with the status quo.
In fact, hard truths ever spoken have always required suffering before they're realized as facts.
Then they become "self-evident"

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

I live in FL

The governor just forbid the states biggest environmental agency from using the word sustainability, climate change and global warming, thus officially removing their "freedom of speech" I myself ask what is next? Internment camps? We notice the FEMA trucks are out driving around, blowing the sirens and yelling on the loudspeakers "This is only a test".... of the emergency alert system. We get these warnings on a weekly basis. Think he might be gearing up for panic during the climate change he's denying. Raising seas would naturally hit the FL coast first. Those carbon credits are going to be too little, too late.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
The thing is, climate change is very real, but it's not caused by humanity. So it's a gotcha kinda thing, if you deny that climate change is happening, you're wrong, and that's the argument these Fascists are using. It's a scam though, it's like taxing air.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Those who deny climate change are imbeciles. Those who try to profit from the ignorance of the general public towards climate change are no better. A carbon tax doesn't do anything to reverse or slow the effects of carbon dioxide in our atmosphere; we're far beyond that point. We're just one of many nations contributing to the problem of climate change.

We've already crossed the line, though; there is no going back. Over the coming decades we're going to lose most of our coastal cities to rising ocean levels and millions of people are going to be displaced. We have no place to put these people.

Deny climate change and bicker about political bulls***t all you want, it doesn't change anything.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Ex_MislTech

Fine. He leads a cult. There still aren't any laws being drafted, considered, or voted on that would put Gore's desires into effect. I just see a story about one man voicing his opinion which happens to be controversial.

The whole climate change political agenda is not just an american problem it is being forced on the majority of the western world, yes thats right there is more of us out here!
Australia is in the motions of having it's carbon tax repealed, not to mention countless other laws that came to pass because of this guys train wreck.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join