It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wicca. What are you thoughts? what is it and where did it come from? Do you agree?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: HumansEh

Skyclad much??

Excellent post.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: iNobody

Why do you preach so much of a religion that's kicked you out for your troubles? They don't want to help you? You want back in so badly that you focus your energy on derailing this thread, which could have been so interesting, with your evangelizing and your false archeology. I wish ATS had a door I could shut in the face of religious salesmen such as yourself, the same as I do in life.

One of the best things about Wiccans and pagans is that they believe in secrets, and don't feel the need to preach to those who aren't even listening.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Is it any wonder there are wars raging in the Middle East over religion ? Hell, we cannot have an informed discussion without the word "hate" being interjected. Hate directly effects the hater, it is not a word used in my vocabulary.

To anyone seeking the path of the Wise, the information will unfold to you at its will, not yours.
As evidenced here, it is a target for others who misunderstand out of fear and lack of subject knowledge.

Harm none in ALL things you do.

Bright Blessings...

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: iNobody

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

"You mentioned the devil and satan, Do you believe that is what Wiccans involve themselves with?"

NO! Wicca, true Wiccans, do not believe in Satan or devils.

According to E.A. Koetting, an author of many magick books; states any/all magic is black magic. He is on youtube if you would like to know more about the art of magick. He speaks of Wiccans as well.

This is true.

You don't have to believe in the demons in order for them to manipulate you or use you. In fact it is probably easier to do so. But there are many in witchcraft and wicca who know they are dealing with demonic spirits.

There is NO good magic. Jehovah condemns it all.

So let me guess, all that awesome sorcery that Moses and Jesus pulled off were cool because they claimed it was powered by the old testament gods? What about all that speaking in tongues and faith healing? "Prophetic words"? More like divination.

I do what I do by divine grace just like the Christians claim to do. The difference is that my gods didn't murder the planet, kill babies, or command weak-willed people to commit genocide. Talk about "demonic"! Your Jesus is fine in my book but the old testament gods were as demonic as it gets. If a voice told me to go out smashing in the heads of babies and to collect foreskin trophies, I'd tell it to "eff-off".

From an objective point of view, my religion and practice is every bit as holy and divine as yours.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: aynock

Thank you for info and link!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Skyclad much??

Excellent post.

"Ah the warm caress of a summer breeze!"

Thank you, and yes more often than you'd think.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Meh, just a bunch of people who worship nature and believe in some form of magic that can be practiced. They'd be more like mediums I guess you could say.

As for their roots, I think this goes way back before even monotheism even came into the stage, and could of been a more dominate form of believe for some time but may have been fought over too much. They also could be identified or they call themselves "Pagans" but I think this differs from the idea that the Abrahamic religions present, where they didn't like anyone who was Jewish for that matter.

Mainly because the Wiccans probably prayed to different spirits and didn't follow any particular religions, like if they were in the desert, they'd pray to desert spirits, the oceans, ocean spirits, etc, etc. Where as ancient Romans or Greek, Egyptians are the ideal form of pagans to the monotheistic theme rather then Wiccans. Pretty much anyone who didn't worship one god or any other form of God that didn't belong to the theistic philosophy.

I'd like to think of them being the early versions of chemists, since the idea of Alchemy usually becomes associated with cauldrons and witches, but this could be propaganda from both sides even the wiccans.

You know Electricity and the Devil sort of crap...If they only knew.
edit on 16-3-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Did anyone bother to read the link I posted?

It explains the history of Paganism and Wicca.

Then at the bottom "click" on HOME ---- and it takes you to: What is Wicca?

Or are we going to continue the Doom and Gloom of Fear Based religion?

www.angelfire.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Thanks for you

I dabbled. Knew some genuine Wiccans. One in particular who raised her own sheep and made her own yarn.

Such a peaceful person she was.

I was raised in Power of Positive thought, which is kind of a solitary Spitiuality, but very accommodating to "Earth" beliefs ----- well until you get into the "Power of Wealth" (human degradation again).

Rituals are a turn off to me. Unless it's just a gathering to increase positive energy flow.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
Meh, just a bunch of people who worship nature . . .

I think it's more that you are nature, a part of the whole.

Nature is your Mother.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I just now saw this OP.
Good subject, thanks for bringing it up.

I studied and practiced Wicca for several years, and still use some of the philosophies.

Wicca is about revering nature and all living things, and respecting the Feminine as well as the Masculine - the 'elements' of fire, air, earth, water and spirit. It is about living in harmony with everything.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Wrong....it has nothing to do with 'the Devil.' Wiccans don't even believe in the devil. They believe in working WITH nature and respecting it and all living things.

Read, and learn.
You are one of the people that needs to be straightened out on what Wicca is - and what it most definitely IS NOT.

edit on 3/16/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
I just now saw this OP.
Good subject, thanks for bringing it up.

I studied and practiced Wicca for several years, and still use some of the philosophies.

Wicca is about revering nature and all living things, and respecting the Feminine as well as the Masculine - the 'elements' of fire, air, earth, water and spirit. It is about living in harmony with everything.

I thought it would be interesting to find out what people thought Wicca was, there are a lot of minundertandings regarding it as you well know

My ex was a wiccan and many of my freinds are still practicing, I was invited to join the coven but decided I preffered a more solitary path although I take many of it's belief on board.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Last time I checked Wiccans or Pagans couldn't make up their minds about which God or spirit, and that well before the modern adaptation.

Mysticism.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Hi - yeah, I'm a solitary as well - but have participated in energy-raising circles and rituals.
It's quite a powerful kind of sensation when several people all work together to build up energy and then send it out....
healing energy; love energy; etc.

Sorry to be late - my own PC crapped out earlier so I couldn't log in, but it's all better now. (probably had something to do with my stern look and calling it an asshole). LOL!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Last time I checked Wiccans or Pagans couldn't make up their minds about which God or spirit, and that well before the modern adaptation.

Mysticism.

What? Make up their minds about what, and where did you do your 'last check'? Are you a Wiccan? Have you been trained and initiated, or practiced it?

Then you don't know really what you're talking about, do you. No, you don't.

You are correct that it predates monotheism however. It is the Feminine Force (represented by the moon) and the Masculine Force, and knowledge of the elements....and communing with the elements to effect changes (or hold steady).

Mysticism. Yes - it's like that. But you apparently don't understand mysticism either. And that's okay. That's just your path in life, this time.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I have a friend who is one, and I have no particular interest in but I understand that your offended by my terminology, I apologize but to me it just another form of mysticism that has been around for a long time, since their are many forms of paganism.

I practice my own free style of meditation more or less, and adapting what ever style to suit a certain need or change it every now then for different effect, but I've been too...anxious more or less to even try anymore, and need better distractions.

It like Jews and Christians, both pray to the same God in my eyes, even though they try to be different.
edit on 16-3-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I have no particular interest in but I understand that your offended by my terminology

Offended?

Not really, so much as trying to get you to do more 'research' -
when you said, "Last time I checked" - what did you mean?
You asked some individual what they thought? And they were confused?

Like that isn't the status of most of us walking around on this beautiful Earth......

never mind. I'm tired, and not up for a 'duel' with you.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

They didn't teach a dark arts defense class?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

We hailed the birth of 5 lambs today. If you ever want to see innocence and purity, it is that first quivering step of a lamb only minutes old. Makes all the ills of the world disappear for a brief, precious time.
The essence of Wiccans.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join