It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists discover some DNA is NOT from our ancestors

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
We do not exactly live in the Garden of Eden, but in the outer darkness. So everything is possible

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: flice
Just read this on Daily Mail. Thought it was interesting in comparison with the thread in the Origins forum about evidence of our evolution and geneology.

Basically, they have mapped quite a few of our DNA to be coming from not linear evolution but from other forms of organisms, hardwire into our own DNA after having been exposed to them.
This makes good sense, and could explain why it's been so hard to find that classic "missing link".

We simply don't just come from an apeman, we are the result of having been here on Earth and surviving through hardship and so on.....

Makes me wonder what humans will grow into in the long run.

Mystery genes found

Could support what some have claimed about us being an off world hybrid race

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: learnatic

It does help to read the article before making such statements

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: learnatic

Just read this on Daily Mail. Thought it was interesting in comparison with the thread in the Origins forum about evidence of our evolution and geneology.

Basically, they have mapped quite a few of our DNA to be coming from not linear evolution but from other forms of organisms, hardwire into our own DNA after having been exposed to them.
This makes good sense, and could explain why it's been so hard to find that classic "missing link".

We simply don't just come from an apeman, we are the result of having been here on Earth and surviving through hardship and so on.....

Mystery genes found

Could support what some have claimed about us being an off world hybrid race

Playing that game, my guess would be that the off-world part happened before the evolution into apemen.
Ie. maybe the base genes are from microbes that lived on an astroid and so on.... but I think it's going to be a tough task to determine precisely how and what we came from.
Atleast they can cool it on the missing link search.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

Still doesn't explain how DNA and RNA became into existence. No matter contains DNA unless it is in a living organism. Therefore where and when did this life become into creation? So follow the DNA to see where life really started, never going to find it. I still hold the theory that life has always existed in some form, life cannot be destroyed just as matter and energy cannot.

And how could some of our DNA not be from our ancestors? Unless it mutates after we are born and continues to mutate throughout life? How ever and by whomever it got there in the past, means that these genes are from our ancestors if they are still present in our genetic code. Doesn't matter if they were Mickey Mouse DNA put there a billion years ago, Mickey Mouse would be a genetic ancestor. If they are talking about "human" ancestors, well that is old news. They have shown that we also have ancestors that were plants according to our DNA.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: coldlikecustard
how long before someone claims it is alien DNA? my guess is about 10 minutes before someone says annunaki genes lol

Wrong...you yourself said it first.

But since you mention it...perhaps it's ET DNA...not the classic Annunaki type of intervention and gene splicing, but maybe panspermia or similar.

Not an altogether outrageous proposition when we consider the building blocks of amino acids / DNA have been discovered elsewhere in our Solar system, and also around SAG A star system surprisingly.

If the ingredients for life exist in abundance out there, which seems to be the case, Panspermia isn't anywhere near a radical idea...come to that, neither is intelligent ET life with a Billion years technological head start on our civilisation, coming to visit us.

It's often been said that ET DNA would be incompatible with our own, so creating a chimera or hybrid with ET DNA and that of an ape to produce Humanity is not possible.

Perhaps using vegetable or fungal DNA as a stabiliser or 'carrier DNA' might be the key to facilitating originally incompatible DNA to be spliced.

edit on 16-3-2015 by MysterX because: added info

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
One could argue that the Genes in question could be evidence of Alien or Fallen angel dna manipulation, and they may not be wrong...

Except that the gene sequences they're talking about are mostly viral and fungal, and occurred not long after we got a vertebra, but long before we were simian.

Unless some new evidence has come about, no evidence exists regarding when we got vertebra or anything else.

Such a speculative theory based belief system that has no end.

It is designed to make sure we never actually know.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Bedlam

When I read the title of the thread, the first thought that came to my mind is that someone will link this to aliens and star children.

What's funny, isn't that I was right, rather that the evidence here suggests the complete opposite, and some still insist it's alien.

Ya because it is so much easier to believe that these genes just cross spliced themselves for no reason whatsoever, no chance someone MEANT to do this.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Unless some new evidence has come about, no evidence exists regarding when we got vertebra or anything else.

The question is "What is the fossil record, Alex"

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Ya because it is so much easier to believe that these genes just cross spliced themselves for no reason whatsoever, no chance someone MEANT to do this.

Retroviruses do this by their nature. That would be the reason the material's there, in the case of a virus.

Prokaryotes do this all the time. Eukaryotes, much less.

If by "MEANT", you mean LGMs, piffle.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
With all this Talk I'm Surprised that No one has mentioned

The Chromosome 2 Fusion That was Found and How that came to be from 48 like the great Apes to 46 Us Humans !!
as Technology we are 48 Chromosomes just 2 Fused as to WHY?

and what about the So Called Early man The Hominid what is their DNA Number 48 or 46 ?

Let Alone of all the Genetic Defaults Humans Have in their Genes & DNA More less Certain Retro Virus's Coding Humans have in our DNA

We WE Should Not Have ANY of these..

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It always makes me smile when people try to conjure a rational explanation for this. I mean, we couldn't possibly be a genetically altered race created as a cheap labor force for an advanced extraterrestrial civilization... That's absurd.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

Not to mention the fact that we've supposedly gone from swinging in trees to building nuclear bombs in less than 100,000 years... There's that little evolutionary discrepancy...

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Gh0stwalker

Actually its about 6000 years. For the vast majority of the time humans have been on the planet, they've been simple hunter and gatherers with no complex society. Though none of that corroborates your wild theory of genetic tampering. The lateral gene transfers described in the OP happened WAY before even mammals evolved, let alone humans. How would an alien race know to tamper with a virus knowing that it will eventually evolve until it is a human? No these lateral gene transfers are just normal ways that single celled organisms work, and you are reading too deeply into what the article is saying.
edit on 17-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Mystery genes found

"We simply don't just come from an apeman, we are the result of having been here on Earth and surviving through hardship and so on..... "

Thats a silly assumption and nothing at all what the research is saying

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You're assuming I drew my conclusions from this article alone. There is a fast amount of evidence that points towards external manipulation in our development, spanning back thousands of years. Many highly respected members of the scientific community believe it's not so far fetched.

Besides, it's hardly a difficult concept to grasp. On the universal scale, genetic manipulation of a species is pretty small dice I would say...

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gh0stwalker
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You're assuming I drew my conclusions from this article alone.

Of course I am. You didn't post any additional evidence for your claims. If you want to reference additional evidence then yo need to post it, don't just assume it is common knowledge.

There is a fast amount of evidence that points towards external manipulation in our development, spanning back thousands of years.

Then post it.

Many highly respected members of the scientific community believe it's not so far fetched.

I doubt this.

Besides, it's hardly a difficult concept to grasp. On the universal scale, genetic manipulation of a species is pretty small dice I would say...

I never claimed it was a difficult concept to grasp. I am claiming that is unfounded.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Yes, because I can't think of anything better to do than to throw a bunch of articles and studies ostracized as pseudoscience at someone who's clearly certain of his place in this world and who's perceptions are firmly planted.

If there was a remote possibility of this in your mind, you would have done the research yourself. I'm not going to waste my time. However, I will humor you to a degree and recommend that if you do consider the possibility of the oversight of our existence, Jim Marrs' book Our Occulted History is a great place to start.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gh0stwalker
Yes, because I can't think of anything better to do than to throw a bunch of articles and studies ostracized as pseudoscience at someone who's clearly certain of his place in this world and who's perceptions are firmly planted.

So you have no evidence to back up your claims. Dissappointing.

If there was a remote possibility of this in your mind, you would have done the research yourself. I'm not going to waste my time.

This is an incredibly intellectually lazy tactic. "You find the evidence to back up my claims!" No, the burden of proof lies with you.

However, I will humor you to a degree and recommend that if you do consider the possibility of the oversight of our existence, Jim Marrs' book Our Occulted History is a great place to start.

Post up specific academic resources, not entertainment books. You made specific claims, particularly:

"Many highly respected members of the scientific community believe it's not so far fetched"

Great, let's have some specific names of these "highly respected members of the scientific community" and links to scientific papers they've published on the topic. Shouldn't be too hard, right?
edit on 17-3-2015 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
“a detailed analysis that the human genome displays a thorough precision-type orderliness in the mapping between DNA’s nucleotides and amino acids. ‘Simple arrangements of the code reveal an ensemble of arithmetical and ideographical patterns of symbolic language … Accurate and systematic, these underlying patterns appear as a product of precision logic and nontrivial computing. an intelligent signal embedded in our genetic code would be a mathematical and semantic message that cannot be accounted for by Darwinian evolution.”

Vladimir I. Shcherbak

“Those Who From Heaven To Earth Came". They landed on Earth, colonized it, mining the Earth for gold and other minerals, establishing a spaceport in what today is the Iraq-Iran area, and lived in a kind of idealistic society as a small colony.

They returned when Earth was more populated and genetically interfered in our indigenous DNA to create a slave-race to work their mines, farms, and other enterprises in Sumeria, which was the so-called Cradle of Civilization in out-dated pre-1980s school history texts. They created Man, Homo Sapiens, through genetic manipulation with themselves and ape man Homo Erectus.”

― Zecharia Sitchin

Like I said, my aim isn't to convince anyone of anything. My comments are directed at those who are open to the possibility. If you're looking for definitive proof, I have nothing for you. Much like 9/11 or the moon landing or the assassination of JFK. If there is definitive proof, whoever holds that information won't give it up. As active members of this forum, you of all people should be privy to this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join