It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists discover some DNA is NOT from our ancestors

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Just read this on Daily Mail. Thought it was interesting in comparison with the thread in the Origins forum about evidence of our evolution and geneology.

Basically, they have mapped quite a few of our DNA to be coming from not linear evolution but from other forms of organisms, hardwire into our own DNA after having been exposed to them.
This makes good sense, and could explain why it's been so hard to find that classic "missing link".

We simply don't just come from an apeman, we are the result of having been here on Earth and surviving through hardship and so on.....

Makes me wonder what humans will grow into in the long run.

Mystery genes found

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Some genes 'foreign' in origin and not from our ancestors

www.sciencedaily.com...

they wont like DM

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
how long before someone claims it is alien DNA? my guess is about 10 minutes before someone says annunaki genes lol

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: fullparanoidmode
If you want to know where we come from (which is not exactly from Earth) and this is not some random crazy idea. But years of research, read the book Full Paranoid Mode by Tim Neymor. It will explain in detail why we are not from here and believe me, make a lot more sense than all the other researches i have been reading for years. Find the book on Amazon, best 8 bucks spent of my life. a reply to: flice

I don't think advertising your book is allowed here, Tim.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
One could argue that the Genes in question could be evidence of Alien or Fallen angel dna manipulation, and they may not be wrong...

But one could also argue that these genes could also point to being the remains of what we once were as if to say our previous state of being was at one time more complex better than it is now...

This would most likely be more accurate, and would also mean that we could possibly regain this state of being and utilize the other material in our DNA under certain conditions...

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Does the RNA to script the DNA also come from non-ancestors?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This happened at a time before all the different mammal species differentiated, and is likely due to fungus. I could imagine there would have been a turf war between all the different fungi to try and infect mammals with conditions like ringworm (living off dead skin, hair and nail tissue). It would have been a competitive advantage for one fungi if it gave hosts genes that could fight off and lock out the others from gaining a hold.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
One could argue that the Genes in question could be evidence of Alien or Fallen angel dna manipulation, and they may not be wrong...

Except that the gene sequences they're talking about are mostly viral and fungal, and occurred not long after we got a vertebra, but long before we were simian.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

perhaps viruses and fungi were uses as a means of delivery of said genes...
or they are just junk and not the other genes which are also present in our DNA...

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

Good OP! S&F ...

I started a similar discussion last week, but it's stuck in SkunkWorks:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
PROOF THAT WE ARE ALL ET-HYBRIDS, TO ONE DEGREE OR ANOTHER?

I cross-listed your discussion in mine. Good stuff!

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I have read that different virus' have had an impact on our genes and have basically 'made' us into what we are now.So while we are trying so hard to not have any virus' impact our lives,in fact they are a part of our evolution.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker
I started a similar discussion last week, but it's stuck in SkunkWorks:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
PROOF THAT WE ARE ALL ET-HYBRIDS, TO ONE DEGREE OR ANOTHER?

Considering that there isn't a shred of evidence for such a thing (yet you still use the word 'proof', hmmmm...), I'd say that's a good place for it.

If one takes the time to actually read this article or its' sources, it's quite apparent that they know exactly where the DNA mentioned comes from. Hint: It isn't aliens...

Sure, one could argue that, if they were, for some reason, fond of arguing premises that don't have a leg to stand on, but they would, in fact, be entirely wrong.
edit on 3/15/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

perhaps viruses and fungi were uses as a means of delivery of said genes...
or they are just junk and not the other genes which are also present in our DNA...

I've been yelling a long time about bacteria inserting genes into organisms DNA in-order for that organism to create proteins on which the bacteria feed. I found this quite scary given the methods we are using to make GMO's, where they use bacteria to do the actual insertion. I've been asking the question "What is the increase in attempted gene transfers by bacteria in the presence of GMO's?"

Previously I heard that 25% of current animals genes were from this source, I went as far to say that bacteria amount to gods evolutionary tool kit.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: fullparanoidmode
If you want to know where we come from (which is not exactly from Earth) and this is not some random crazy idea. But years of research, read the book Full Paranoid Mode by Tim Neymor. It will explain in detail why we are not from here and believe me, make a lot more sense than all the other researches i have been reading for years. Find the book on Amazon, best 8 bucks spent of my life. a reply to: flice

Absolutely LoLing at that...

Thanks!

But no thanks!

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I've believed for quite some time that alternatively to evolution explaining our common DNA with *insert creature*...

It is more something to do with the parameters set out by being a... erm... Being from Earth...

Rather than an ancestral link...

Just a limitation of coming from Terra Firma.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

This is cool, but I wouldn't say that it is from an extraterrestrial source.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Perhaps we Really Are....What we Eat.

Soon I will be a big donut.......or perhaps a nice juicey hamburger.

Actually a sensible hypothesis by the boffins.
Considering how we are connected to All life on planet Earth and beyond, not to mention the millions of bacteria, bugs, insects, germs etc etc that live inside and on our body.......yes even your clean body.

Arent we only just Dirt and water anyway? .

edit on 15-3-2015 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

When I read the title of the thread, the first thought that came to my mind is that someone will link this to aliens and star children.

What's funny, isn't that I was right, rather that the evidence here suggests the complete opposite, and some still insist it's alien.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join