It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Christian. If your world view is more rational than mine please come show me.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AinElohim
New Jersey...

there's probably not a single Catholic in that whole state

it's all Eastern Orthodox up there...

Considering it is the state with the largest percent of its residents being Italian-American it would be fair to wager that there are a few Catholics here somewhere.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"

KJV babyee

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
Why whenever religious debate ensues does it always come down to almost nonsensical comments about light and dark?

Metaphor... it's like the language of mathematics, if you don't get it, you don't get it.

Just like the language of mathematics is the only language that surpasses spoken modern English in complexity.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
Why whenever religious debate ensues does it always come down to almost nonsensical comments about light and dark?

Metaphor... it's like the language of mathematics, if you don't get it, you don't get it.

Just like the language of mathematics is the only language that surpasses spoken modern English in complexity.

Yes I understand that.

But when posed with an actual question a "Man of faith" as may be said will give a meaphor. that's cool but it does not actually answer any real questions.

Like a politician explaining why we should vote for them,

Here's a lot of words that sound clever but actually mean nothing, but believe in me any way folks!!

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
But you didn't answer the question

Why doesnt GOD just forgive Satan?

Cause the whole story goes nill..

Kinda like watching Sharknado and thinking it is possible...

Just try and be realistic for one minute of life....

It will make a difference...........

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Claiming Biblical Law (Mosaic Law) is the foundation of modern law is erroneous.

This is a topic which you will have to start, then I will prove to you that the Deceleration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States are "theistic" documents.

I said what I had to say to you blasphemer!

Be gone from my sight with your erroneous imagery...

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

This is a topic which you will have to start, then I will prove to you that the Deceleration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States are "theistic" documents.

Other than Freedom of Religion there is nothing in the Constitution that even remotely comes close to being 'theistic'.

When you find yourself in a hole you should stop digging.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

This is a very brief, no extremely brief run down of your study topics this evening.

1. Builders of Solomon's Temple (practicing Masons -Jews)
2. Hellenistic Judaism (Jewish "Greek" Pagans, 2 camps)
3. First Church in Antioch (34 AD) (First Christians converts of "Greek" Hellenistic Judaism)
4. Founding of America, separatist from the Roman Catholic Church and Church of England.

Rome plays a part in "Free"masonry it surely does...

Class dismissed

edit on 15-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AinElohim

All irrelevant to your erroneous comments regarding law and the Constitution.

But feel free to keep moving the goal posts, which is about the only thing you have established that you can do well.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I would like to simply say that I would still like your answer to my question, however I will go ahead and address your questions.

Why do you think that the "GOD" of the old testament is the essense of good and could you justify his "justice" in a way that would be appropriate to a modern world?

The argument I presented to morals as I said only gets one to the idea that there is a God who is there creator of the universe and the essence of Good. So your working in an order backwards from the order I came to my conclusion in. I didn't come to the conclusion that the Biblical God was the essence of Good and then create an argument that fit that idea. I came to the conclusion that God was the creator of the universe and the essence of Good and then later arrived at the conclusion that the Biblical God was the creator of the universe and from there its a simple if, then scenario. If God of the universe is the essence of Good and the Biblical God is the God of the universe , then the Biblical God is the essence of Good.

Can I justify his justice in a way thats appropriate to the modern world? I don't think the worlds view is what matters. What matters is what is true justice. So I will have to wait on your answer to my question before we can go any further.

The God of the OT is the God of the NT. I see no difference. The attributes I attribute to the Christian God come from the claims of the Bible. Hence Biblical world view. Do you want references or are you content with the statement that the Bible claims God is perfect in all his attributes?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I would like to simply say that I would still like your answer to my question, however I will go ahead and address your questions.

Why do you think that the "GOD" of the old testament is the essense of good and could you justify his "justice" in a way that would be appropriate to a modern world?

The argument I presented to morals as I said only gets one to the idea that there is a God who is there creator of the universe and the essence of Good. So your working in an order backwards from the order I came to my conclusion in. I didn't come to the conclusion that the Biblical God was the essence of Good and then create an argument that fit that idea. I came to the conclusion that God was the creator of the universe and the essence of Good and then later arrived at the conclusion that the Biblical God was the creator of the universe and from there its a simple if, then scenario. If God of the universe is the essence of Good and the Biblical God is the God of the universe , then the Biblical God is the essence of Good.

Can I justify his justice in a way thats appropriate to the modern world? I don't think the worlds view is what matters. What matters is what is true justice. So I will have to wait on your answer to my question before we can go any further.

The God of the OT is the God of the NT. I see no difference. The attributes I attribute to the Christian God come from the claims of the Bible. Hence Biblical world view. Do you want references or are you content with the statement that the Bible claims God is perfect in all his attributes?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

grow up... and while you're at it remove the master mason thingy,

keep you're little toy roman soldier

God is not mentioned in our founding documents... you're right again.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: isofakingwetoddid

I answered your question with the same question I am currently talking to non-specific about....What is perfect Justice and if that is the nature of a being how many evil actions can it let slide without judgement ?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

How about you try linking some evidence to support your stupendously inaccurate statements and revisionist history?

Or maybe you can show us where God is mentioned in the Constitution?

edit on 15-3-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

I may have missed your qiestion sorry, If you ask again I will address your other post if needed afterwards.

Many thanks.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

btw;

this is not George Washington becoming an Apostle in Heaven with God that is painted inside the dome of the Capital Rotunda.

Whatever you do don't look at our money too closely, nor our Great Seal... an George Washington was not a high level Mason.

that's all in your head bro...

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Sorry, was that an image of the word 'God' in the Constitution or a link to a site showing how Civic Law is not based on Roman Law like you claimed?

Thought not.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Yes, because the same money we have today was in circulation when George Washington and our founding fathers were alive. Also, George Washington and founding fathers painted that mural as well. It makes total sense, they were time travelers.

Also, the mural you posted has Roman goddesses flanking Washington and even the "e pluribus unum" is Latin, the official language of Rome. You seem to have bolstered his claim if anything.
edit on 3/15/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

If you don't know Anu or Odin in terms of god. Then yes my view is more logical sorry.

Sorry that we filtered you out of knowing god truly.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

Since so many seem interested in analyzing my view rather than their own I think it would be good for me to point out that my belief in the Biblical God came through an accumulation of evidences. No one argument I produce will ever lead you directly to my God. However all of the arguments when combined, appear to point only to the Christian God imo.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join