It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Born Again - what is it?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: iNobody

If you can't see God in them all, you can't see God at all.

You can't see that Christ permeates the entirety of world religion and myth. You don't have the education. Therefore, you can't see God. All you are seeing is a tribal mask. At one time, that mask was transparent to the transcendent. It has grown opaque.

That's the problem with fundamentalists. That's what makes you an idolator. An anti-Christ.

đź‘Ł

edit on 111FridayuAmerica/ChicagoMaruFridayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

If you can't see God in them all, you can't see God at all.

You can't see that Christ permeates the entirety of world religion and myth. You don't have the education. Therefore, you can't see God. All you are seeing is a tribal mask. At one time, that mask was transparent to the transcendent. It has grown opaque.

That's the problem with fundamentalists. That's what makes you an idolator. An anti-Christ.

I understand what you are saying, and I respect your beliefs and views. They do go against what scripture states. Thus I will have to reject them, and stick to God's word. He says:

(1 Corinthians 10:20) . . .No; but I say that what the nations sacrifice, they sacrifice to demons and not to God; and I do not want you to become sharers with the demons.

And in another scripture we are taught that Satan, the god of this world blinds the minds of people (by means of his many religions that go against what God's word teaches):

(2 Corinthians 4:4) among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.

And yet in another place, that Satan, the original serpent, that great dragon is misleading the entire inhabited earth (not that God has made the mass confusion of religions):

(Revelation 12:9) . . .So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; . . .

Even Jesus told the Samaritan woman that they worshipped what they did not know (not that it was okay with God, just another path to God) and that salvation originated with the Jews:

(John 4:22-24) . . .You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, because salvation begins with the Jews. 23 Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth.”

The fact of the matter is that all religions on earth stem from Babylon of old. And all their teachings of Immortality of the soul, of a Hellfire, Trinities, etc. originated there, with the great liar Satan. Not God.

If you want to refute anything I have shown you here with God's word I would be happen to listen. Otherwise you may call me ignorant for believing it. But God's word is what opens the eyes, and reveals truth.

(Psalm 119:105) Your word is a lamp to my foot, And a light for my path.

(Psalm 19:7-10) . . .The law of Jehovah is perfect, restoring strength. The reminder of Jehovah is trustworthy, making the inexperienced one wise.  8 The orders from Jehovah are righteous, causing the heart to rejoice; The commandment of Jehovah is clean, making the eyes shine.  9 The fear of Jehovah is pure, lasting forever. The judgments of Jehovah are true, altogether righteous. 10 They are more desirable than gold, Than much fine gold, And sweeter than honey, the honey that drips from the combs.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: iNobody

The fact of the matter is that all religions on earth stem from Babylon of old.

No, they don't. They stem from something much older, much more universal, something that is not religion. Shamanism. Jesus was a Jewish shaman and a wise mystic. Jesus went through what every shaman goes through - shamanic initiation. He went through the same universal psychological pattern of development. He expressed the universal experience in local terms that were available to him, in his time and place. As do all shamans, even modern urban space-age shamans. Hence, UFO religions.

Underneath the various terms, metaphors, stories, and symbols that each culture has available to the shaman, regardless of their era, are universal common denominators. You would know that, if you were intrepid enough to take off your blinders and study comparative mysticism, comparative mythology, and comparative religion. These fields of study are rich, wide, and deep. And shocking.

You don't know how much you don't know.

I suspect that you have undergone a degree of shamanic initiation, and because of your cultural conditioning, background, and cross-cultural ignorance, you think that your local Christian terms are the only valid terms for expressing it. Hence your rigid, intolerant fundamentalism. It's an old story. But in this day and age, with all the scholarship we have available, there is no excuse for it.

đź‘Ł

edit on 192Friday000000America/ChicagoMar000000FridayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

I realize that there is much I don't know. If you want to remind me of that, I accept it as truth.

And it is a singular thing these days to really believe what God says. I understand that.

Only those who have ears to hear and eyes to see can really understand though.

Maybe one day we can come to an accord. Perhaps not. We will both continue to learn.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by iNobody
I have read about Gnosticism and and Christian mysticism.

The Gnostics (from the Greek word gno′sis, meaning “knowledge”) claimed superior knowledge through secret revelation and boasted that they were the “correctors of the apostles.” Gnosticism intertwined philosophy, speculation, and pagan mysticism with apostate Christianity.

I meant take a look at “Gnostic Christianity” not Gnosticism per se; The Gnostic Christians had very similar beliefs to that of standard RCC beliefs, with a few key differences thrown in…that’s all I was pointing out…it’s a real eye opener, if you care to research into it…IMO

The scripture that comes to mind when thinking of their apostate teachings (mixed with pagan, and even occult teachings of demons is this scripture:

(Colossians 2:8) . . .Look out that no one takes you captive by means of the philosophy and empty deception according to human tradition, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ;

You have got to be kidding me…the Bible has tons of Pagan elements in it, as it stands…

Their teachings are incompatible with God's word.

And as God's word itself reveals to us:

(2 Timothy 3:16, 17) All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

We don't need outside works that have been corrupted, are works of man, or outright demon-inspired to understand God's word.

But the Bible and the NT are a collection of books; how do know that that book, wasn’t a part of another set of books to begin with, and that the scripture inspired by God it’s referring to, came from another Christian sect of believers altogether…?

In other words, how do you know personally that all these scriptures you’ve been quoting to me, all came from God…?

You see to me, this “all inspired of God” phrase is very deceptive, it’s either men's words about God, (in some cases making mistakes), or it’s Gods words directly…like for example Jesus words…

What we need is holy spirit, and and a humble spirit, and as we read scriptures Jehovah reveals truth to us. Nothing I have shown you is my own. But only scripture.

But you haven’t addressed any of my arguments, in my previous posts directly, you just keep quoting scripture, instead of thinking for yourself; I’ve even quoted Jesus own words, to help show you the truth…

I’ve even shown contradictions, and how Jesus own words don’t match up to standard Christian theology, but you haven’t addressed any of those points directly…

As far as Revelation not being literal, that is very obvious the first two verses of the book state that it was given in signs, or symbols, in order to show what must shortly take place. It is the fulfillment of the divine will expressed in the Bible and the first prophecy shown to us at Genesis 3:15.

Yes, but people are still interpreting big parts of it literally, especially Jehovah Witnesses…which I assume you are…The thing is there are a huge amount of apocalyptic texts, which all contained similar symbolism and key phrases, many of which are identical to the Book of Revelations…but none of those books were accepted into the bible, because they didn’t get voted in.

I respect your beliefs deeply.

I will continue to look for those who love God's word, and will listen to what it says. I can never disrespect you for your not accepting the scriptures revealed to you.

But many of those scriptures you quoted, don’t fit Jesus words, that’s the problem; I accept Jesus words, but I do not accept incorrect doctrines that come from men’s misinterpretations…

As to answer your assertion that because Jesus is loving and humble, just like his Father, in fact scripture reveals his love for man suprasses knowledge, that he will not get rid of wickedness, that is a mistake.

But that’s what I’ve been trying to get across to you, it was Jesus message and teachings which saves people, by bringing in his spiritual kingdom, but not by force, but through the spirit; that’s how Jesus overcomes evil and wickedness, any other type of thinking, is a mistake…

Even when in the temple, when Jesus saw the corruption, his zeal for his Father's house gave him righteous indignation, and he drove them out of the temple.

He will do so again in the future. He will not tolerate the extreme perversion human society has become.

But Jesus overcomes evil through the spirit, and through the Spirit that works in men; and not through fire or destroying things…when bad things happened in the past, men attributed it to God punishing them…but Jesus character is in the likeness of God, and is completely opposite to that OT view of God…IMO

In fact, even in the book of John 1:18 it states “No-one has ever seen God, but God the one and Only, who is at the Father’s side, has made him known.”

Which means that the true character of God, was revealed through Jesus…

Scripture tells us the God has been very patient with humankind because he doesn't want anyone to die, but the end WILL come:

(2 Peter 3:9, 10) . . .Jehovah is not slow concerning his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire anyone to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance. 10 But Jehovah’s day will come as a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar, but the elements being intensely hot will be dissolved, and earth and the works in it will be exposed. . .

That’s completely false, God is not going to destroy anyone, or torture them in hell for all eternity, anyone who thinks so, does not know God!

- JC

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

In fact if you notice who instigates the final war it is not Jesus, it is not Jehovah. It is Satan and his demons who rally the nations to attack God's people:

When Jesus sallies forth in defense of his people, it will not be because he is not loving, or not patient. But his hand will have been forced, and, in order his people are not destroyed by Satan and his political systems of things, he must react, and it will be righteous war that will be waged, not anything other:

(Revelation 19:11-16) . . .

(Isaiah 11:3, 4) . . .

Say what!!, but it’s the Angels who supposedly threw fire down onto the earth at Gods command…in these verses below…???

Revelation 8:1-9
When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.
2 And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them.
3 Another angel, who had a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense to offer, with the prayers of all God’s people, on the golden altar in front of the throne. 4 The smoke of the incense, together with the prayers of God’s people, went up before God from the angel’s hand. 5 Then the angel took the censer, filled it with fire from the altar, and hurled it on the earth; and there came peals of thunder, rumblings, flashes of lightning and an earthquake.
The Trumpets
6 Then the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared to sound them.
7 The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down on the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.
8 The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, 9 a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

God works with people through the Spirit; God can deal with people spiritually, after they have passed on, there’s simply no need for God to do those things above. God works through spiritual warfare, and not through destroying people with fire.

Amway, you haven't addressed any of my key points in my last three posts, except one.

Also, I’m not sure if you’re just avoiding the question or whether you just don’t want to say, which seems strange, considering the topic of your OP.

Either way, can you please state whether you are “born again”, in your next post…or at least give me some indication either way…thanks…

- JC

edit on 21-3-2015 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

The prophecy's of Revelation, the really deep ones have always been confusing to me. I don't admit to understand them entirely. Yet the pouring out of the seven bowls are symbolic. They are not literal. I think things are going to come to pass during the great tribulation that will reveal what they plagues are upon the wicked people of earth, much as did the 10 plagues of Egypt.

Some of thought that they plagues have already come to pass in a spiritual sense. I have my reservations about that.

You are correct God does deal with people spiritually. Obviously. But he cannot deal with a physical man with no spiritually in spiritual terms. Because His reality is foolishness to them. And he does take action against incorrigible physical beings by taking them out of existence (Sodom and Gomorrah for example).

(2 Peter 2:9, 10) . . .Jehovah knows how to deliver people of godly devotion out of trial, but to reserve unrighteous people for the day of judgment to be cut off, 10 especially, however, those who go on after flesh with the desire to defile [it] and who look down on lordship.. . .

(1 Corinthians 2:7-11) . . .But we speak God’s wisdom in a sacred secret, the hidden wisdom, which God foreordained before the systems of things for our glory. 8 It is this wisdom that none of the rulers of this system of things came to know, for if they had known it, they would not have executed the glorious Lord. 9 But just as it is written: “Eye has not seen and ear has not heard, nor have there been conceived in the heart of man the things that God has prepared for those who love him.” 10 For it is to us God has revealed them through his spirit, for the spirit searches into all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who among men knows the things of a man except the man’s spirit within him? So, too, no one has come to know the things of God except the spirit of God.

The things about the anointing, the coming kingdom, these are all sacred secrets of God, and only his holy spirit can reveal them. Unfortunately the physical man cannot peer into his divine word to perceive them:

(1 Corinthians 2:14, 15) But a physical man does not accept the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot get to know them, because they are examined spiritually. 15 However, the spiritual man examines all things, but he himself is not examined by any man.

If I were to say I was born again, what does that matter? What I say about myself means nothing. I cannot glorify myself. I would answer you in this fashion:

(1 Corinthians 4:5) . . .Therefore, do not judge anything before the due time, until the Lord comes. He will bring the secret things of darkness to light and make known the intentions of the hearts, and then each one will receive his praise from God.

ETA:

I should edit to add, I realize, and perceived from the beginning that you doubt all of the Bible, and that is why it is hard to reason with certain scriptures with you. Perhaps I shall stick to Jesus' sayings with you. Just as I stick with the OT with Jews.

And I have heard, and investigated the accusations that God's word is full of paganism, and have found that to be totally baseless. In fact it is quite a demonic teaching to get people to not believe God's word. And yes I have also investigated the canonical nature of it's word as well, as well as read it for myself many times, and have satisfied myself with its accurateness, both in archaeological, historical, and in prophetic terms.

That imperfect humans were able to be inspired by holy spirit to write perfect things does not surprise me for even Jehovah had this written about his Holy Scriptures:

(2 Peter 1:20, 21) . . .For you know this first, that no prophecy of Scripture springs from any private interpretation. 21 For prophecy was at no time brought by man’s will, but men spoke from God as they were moved by holy spirit.

The holy spirit prevented human error. I realize you do not believe this, as well as others who have responded to me on this thread. And that is where we differ. I am considered ignorant and "fundamentalist" for understanding different. But I have enough evidence that it is.

edit on 21-3-2015 by iNobody because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I realize that there is much I don't know. If you want to remind me of that, I accept it as truth.

And it is a singular thing these days to really believe what God says. I understand that.

No it isn't. You think you're special, but you aren't. You're a newbie. You think God only spoke through the Bible, and speaks no longer. He speaks everyday, through every religion. Heck, he even speaks through comics and sci-fi. If you really have ears to hear, you would know that.

Only those who have ears to hear and eyes to see can really understand though.

But here's the thing. You DON'T really understand. Get off your high horse.

Maybe one day we can come to an accord. Perhaps not. We will both continue to learn.

Oh yeah? What have you learned from this thread?

đź‘Ł

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Learned? Nothing. When I was 20 I was dealing with people like you. I'm older now. You're just like a lot that have come before you.

ETA:

I thought about that a little more. And realized I have learned something. Before, when people would lie about God's word, that it was pagan, or you can't trust it, and only part of it is right, and you don't know, I would get agitated and mad at their stupidity, especially, after all of the research I've done.

Now, I don't feel agitated. Don't feel much of anything really. Just an understanding, that if you are meant to know, you will understand, if if not, then you won't. Doesn't matter your age, or anything.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Then I'll leave you to continue your preaching to the choir.

đź‘Ł

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Would you kindly summarize what your actual experience of being born again is like? I think it would be best without all the quotes - just in terms of your understanding of this conversion experience/process.

Please don't confess that you are nobody so cannot do this - as you obviously have said much on this thread already.

If you have already done this summary, my apologies, but would you please show me where?

Thank you very much.

edit on 3/21/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: bb23108
Would you kindly summarize what your actual experience of being born again is like? I think it would be best without all the quotes - just in terms of your understanding of this conversion experience/process.

Please don't confess that you are nobody so cannot do this - as you obviously have said much on this thread already.

If you have already done this summary, my apologies, but would you please show me where?

Thank you very much.

Dear bb23108, this is what I would say to you if you don't accept the previous. Just as God's tabernacle on earth was the typical representation of the true temple in heaven, where neither flesh or blood reside, so is the anointing, in the sense of understanding.

For only the priests were allowed to enter into the holy compartment, while the people came to them in the outer/inner courtyard. A sheet shielded the inside of the tent from the outside. So those who have not been invited inside cannot see what is in it, while they are shown in the law, they cannot understand it fully or see it. Only those who have been invited within the veil are able to see.

Just as

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Dear bb23108, this is what I would say to you if you don't accept the previous. Just as God's tabernacle on earth was the typical representation of the true temple in heaven, where neither flesh or blood reside, so is the anointing, in the sense of understanding.

For only the priests were allowed to enter into the holy compartment, while the people came to them in the outer/inner courtyard. A sheet shielded the inside of the tent from the outside. So those who have not been invited inside cannot see what is in it, while they are shown in the law, they cannot understand it fully or see it. Only those who have been invited within the veil are able to see.

So this precludes you from telling us something about what you are experiencing? You are not allowed to talk personally for example, about being infilled by the Holy Spirit and how that affects your life altogether?

Aren't such personal testimonials encouraged in order to inspire those not born again?

Can you not simply speak freely and openly about what your conversion amounts to bodily, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually? The Lord's Grace affects the whole body-mind so why not speak about it directly and clearly?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

The prophecy's of Revelation, the really deep ones have always been confusing to me. I don't admit to understand them entirely. Yet the pouring out of the seven bowls are symbolic. They are not literal.

Ok, so you don’t see those particular verses as literal, but you still believe God is going to send plagues to kill people..to destroy the wicked etc…i.e. in your post below…

I think things are going to come to pass during the great tribulation that will reveal what they plagues are upon the wicked people of earth, much as did the 10 plagues of Egypt.
Some of thought that they plagues have already come to pass in a spiritual sense. I have my reservations about that.

God has no need to kill anyone, this is what I’ve been trying to say to you all the way through; those things came from men's OT idea about Gods character. And they attributed evil things to Gods wrath, and then they tied those ideas in, with Jesus, wrongly IMO, because they didn’t understand the true character of God, which Jesus came to show… but they still didn’t get it!!!

You are correct God does deal with people spiritually. Obviously. But he cannot deal with a physical man with no spiritually in spiritual terms.
Because His reality is foolishness to them. And he does take action against incorrigible physical beings by taking them out of existence (Sodom and Gomorrah for example).

That’s a perfect example, in the Bible, of men attributing evil things to God, this is why I quoted Luke 9:51-56 to you, in one of my other posts…because it shows the true character of Jesus ,and how he has nothing to do with destroying people…

God has no need to send plagues to kill people; everyman must be given the same chance as any other, to live out his whole life and find God or not find God…anything else, just wouldn’t be fair or righteous…they will all be righteously judged, in the end, anyway…

The things about the anointing, the coming kingdom, these are all sacred secrets of God, and only his holy spirit can reveal them. Unfortunately the physical man cannot peer into his divine word to perceive them:

But the Holy Spirit is revealing them to people, through the gifts, but people just aren’t listening, because there too wrapped up in the “All inspired of God” phrase, and sticking with carnal understandings etc…

If I were to say I was born again, what does that matter? What I say about myself means nothing. I cannot glorify myself. I would answer you in this fashion:

Well, in a general everyday sense, you shouldn’t really be obliged to say…but you did start a thread, asking people what “born again” means; and then after many replies, you stated no one was correct, and that only you knew what it meant etc...

So out of Integrity or even just common courtesy, I think it’s important for you to state, whether you “born again” or not. You can even add something of your experience, knowledge, biblical verses, if you wish, but you’re not obliged to do the later if it’s too personal etc…but you are obliged to do the former…IMO

I mean, why would anyone avoid such a simple an easy question…? it’s not like I’m asking you, for your whole life story or anything…

(1 Corinthians 4:5) . . .Therefore, do not judge anything before the due time, until the Lord comes. He will bring the secret things of darkness to light and make known the intentions of the hearts, and then each one will receive his praise from God.

This is a great example, its states right there, that secrets will be brought to light…which means, that there are clearly secrets, that not everyman knew/knows or understands… which means people have to go deeper that just stating it’s all “Holy Spirit” inspired etc…

I should edit to add, I realize, and perceived from the beginning that you doubt all of the Bible, and that is why it is hard to reason with certain scriptures with you. Perhaps I shall stick to Jesus' sayings with you. Just as I stick with the OT with Jews.

It’s not doubt, I KNOW that the Bible contains both truth and lies, as well as compounded misunderstandings about the character of God…I believe men had genuine beliefs, many of which are true, but also many of which were carried over, from men's traditions i.e. not from God…

That imperfect humans were able to be inspired by holy spirit to write perfect things does not surprise me for even Jehovah had this written about his Holy Scriptures:

(2 Peter 1:20, 21) . . .For you know this first, that no prophecy of Scripture springs from any private interpretation. 21 For prophecy was at no time brought by man’s will, but men spoke from God as they were moved by holy spirit.

The holy spirit prevented human error. I realize you do not believe this, as well as others who have responded to me on this thread. And that is where we differ. I am considered ignorant and "fundamentalist" for understanding different. But I have enough evidence that it is.

The Holy Spirit, did not prevent human error, because there are clearly tons of contradictions in the Bible, a few of which I’ve posted on this thread already. The contradictions are evidence of that fact.

Plus, not all people received the exact same gifts of the Spirit, like understanding e.g.…so many were just going along with past traditions and ideas about God, and incorporated them into things they believed to be true.

Don’t get me wrong though, the Bible contains a lot of truth, but it also contains misinterpretations, by men; This is why people must search for Gods truth, instead of just accepting everything that is written…

And just too add, you have taken some heat on this thread for your beliefs, but I wouldn’t call you “ignorant” myself; In my view, everyone is just at different levels in their personal journey, in seeking out Gods truth…

Peace…

- JC

edit on 21-3-2015 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

One thing I've learned about God reading the Bible, and over the years. He is a God of love, in fact he is love. He is also a God of justice, wisdom, and might. Among many other things, mercy, tenderness, a shelter.

Would a God of love be capable of destroying wickedness? Perhaps you may not think so. Although may scriptures indicate he is. And not because he is hasty to anger, in fact he himself says of himself that he is gracious, merciful, ready to pardon error, and slow to anger. But he also says that he will not keep the wicked from punishment. That is where his sense of justice comes into play, and tempers his love:

(Exodus 34:6, 7) . . .Jehovah, Jehovah, a God merciful and compassionate, slow to anger and abundant in loyal love and truth, 7 showing loyal love to thousands, pardoning error and transgression and sin, but he will by no means leave the guilty unpunished, bringing punishment for the error of fathers upon sons and upon grandsons, upon the third generation and upon the fourth generation.”

It is difficult for me to continue reasoning with you, because you already don't believe God's word, but act like an expert on it. Knowing where it is pagan, where it is lying, and where it is telling the truth.

With a person like that you can make up any belief system you want, and reason away any scripture that doesn't fit your own beliefs. When they go against what God says you can just ignore his word. Which you have done repeatedly. I respect your right to do so.

I can never disrespect another person their right to believe anyway they want to.

That is where I and everyone else differ here. It is hard to find someone who really loves God's word, and puts faith in all of it. But that is what love requires. You see, if you were to imitate God's love you would believe his word, for that is what love does:

(1 Corinthians 13:4-7) 4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous. It does not brag, does not get puffed up, 5 does not behave indecently, does not look for its own interests, does not become provoked. It does not keep account of the injury. 6 It does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth. 7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love, among other things mentioned in the scripture above, "believes all things" that comes forth from Jehovah's mouth that he inspired to be put in the Holy Scriptures for our benefit.

Human philosophy can only dilute and twist his word, and comparing it to paganism can only still further blind you, leaving fetters over your eyes so that you cannot see the good news.

Your denial of scripture where it does not fit your beliefs, and your falsely accusing them to be full of pagan ideas reminds me of these scriptures from the healthful word of truth:

(Ephesians 5:6) Let no man deceive you with empty words, for because of such things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience.

(Hebrews 13:9) Do not be led astray by various and strange teachings, for it is better for the heart to be strengthened by undeserved kindness than by foods, which do not benefit those occupied with them.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: bb23108

So this precludes you from telling us something about what you are experiencing? You are not allowed to talk personally for example, about being infilled by the Holy Spirit and how that affects your life altogether?

Aren't such personal testimonials encouraged in order to inspire those not born again?

Can you not simply speak freely and openly about what your conversion amounts to bodily, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually? The Lord's Grace affects the whole body-mind so why not speak about it directly and clearly?

There was a post here where I explained my understanding of being born again. I will look it up for you....

Here is the post

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Develo

Careful, that Hero's Journey shiz echos into paganism. May cause the OP to self-combust. Should have posted a warning, man.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Haha, very funny.

Quite to the contrary God's word takes into captivity all other thought:

(2 Corinthians 10:5, 6) . . .For we are overturning reasonings and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are bringing every thought into captivity to make it obedient to the Christ; 6 and we are prepared to inflict punishment for every disobedience, as soon as your own obedience is complete.

edit on 23-3-2015 by iNobody because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   

That's man's word.

eta:

Random passage from first book i could reach:

"In this total adherence, on the part of archaic man, to archetypes and repetition, modern man would be justified in seeing not only the primitive's amazement at their own first spontaneous and creative free gestures and their veneration, repeated ad infinitum, but also a feeling of guilt on the part of man hardly emerged from the paradise of animality"

That worked rather well
edit on 23-3-2015 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

And that is where you and I part ways. I respect you, and your beliefs. In fact I have come to see about everyone on this site think that the Holy Scriptures are just "man's words." I've been told that for decades, and have been given every contradictory statement, pagan belief system supposedly in the Bible, and many other things. And have researched it all very carefully.

And have come away with an understanding. You have all been duped. And while you think I live in ignorant bliss, (the you is plural to everyone here that thinks I'm a fool for believing the Bible) I've come to know you are the ones who have been duped.

It's a Matrix. And you have all been locked into it. And fetters have been put over your eyes. So that, even if you are shown simple scriptures that explain everything, you have no understanding.

For that I do truly pity you. Because you are so intelligent and smart.

ETA:

I've told everyone on here who has differed with me I respect their beliefs. Everyone. And I do not lie. And yet, I've yet come across one single individual who respects mine, or at least admits it.

People who think they are so full of knowledge and understanding, with degrees that puff them up with pride and take their belief away from God's word.

Yet we are told:

(1 Corinthians 8:1) . . .Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up.

That's all that it does. It doesn't make you love more.

(1 Corinthians 8:2, 3) . . .If anyone thinks he knows something, he does not yet know it as he should know it. 3 But if anyone loves God, this one is known by him.

And no, I am not just pulling verses out at random as you did.

You would like to compare my understanding of scriptures with your random book reading.

There is a very big difference. One I guess is left flying over your head.
edit on 23-3-2015 by iNobody because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join