It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Born Again - what is it?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: iNobody

Originally posted by iNobody
JoeCraft God's kingdom is more than just knowledge.

It’s Croft not Craft; but its’ ok, many people make that mistake…

But your right, it is about more than just knowledge, but knowledge is a big part of it, when it comes to being “born again”…(see further down in this post)

It’s also about understanding and Wisdom and recognizing the heart of God and the truth that God speaks, which is how ones Spirit unites with God, some people might just say it’s love, which is also true…

Originally posted by iNobody
It is real.
And it exists beyond the realms of the physical.

But don’t you also KNOW this…? Which makes it partly about knowledge…if you think about it…

Unless you just believe by faith, in which case, you couldn’t possible by “born again”, because Jesus really (more accurately translated IMO) stated you will know/understand/perceive the Kingdom, which is a knowing, through divine experience…

Btw – S+F

- JC

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

But no power on Earth will move God to respond if He is not of a mind to. Your seeking does not compel God, so anything you find is indeed by God's will and His will alone.

If He does not make a habit of denying Himself to those who seek sincerely, then that is because He does love us. But you should also remember that the path is narrow, and the same God who rules in the New Testament and sent Christ to minister to us is also the very same one we see at work in the Old Testament.

edit on 12-3-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Blood dude! lots of freaking blood!!!

Tons of the stuff... it's most effective.

Be Batman for one day... go out there and right an injustice.

Go out there and make someone aware of a wrong doing or corruption.

Baby steps, but you'll be walking around with beams of light coming from your eyes in no time at all!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Divinely inspired do not mean divinely allspanning truth. Souls get it wrong since their awareness are not able to transcend the subjective view.

So how do you know what parts are truth and what parts are not truth if all those souls could have at any point failed in their awareness of divinity?

You know what parts are truth because you're divinely inspired? Yet you're a 'soul' and therefore subject to that same failure to 'transcend your awareness'.

To me you essentially just said parts are truth and parts are untruth, and we cannot be certain which parts belong to which category.
edit on 12-3-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AinElohim

I wanna play too.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

If your playing, then I’m playing too, “spiritual music tester” lol

- JC

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

But no power on Earth will move God to respond if He is not of a mind to. Your seeking does not compel God, so anything you find is indeed by God's will and His will alone.

If He does not make a habit of denying Himself to those who seek sincerely, then that is because He does love us. But you should also remember that the path is narrow, and the same God who rules in the New Testament and sent Christ to minister to us is also the very same one we see at work in the Old Testament.

An objective being can see the future potential of what I/you can be and love it even if I/you are not there yet. At the same time that a spirit strive to connect to god there is an equal strive for god to reach that spirit. Like two part separated in want of unity and symbiosis. Yes the path is narrow.
edit on 12-3-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Pray for the blood of Jesus Christ, do not pray for him to make himself appear and show you if he is real.

Pray for him to bleed his death upon you!

Go out there and let them murder you for righteousness...

You will only be saved by the blood of Jesus Christ.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

Ignatian Member Registered: 31-10-2014 Location: Mood: Member is offline. 248 0 275 2 17 posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:13 AM link quote reply "Born of water and The Spirit"....being "born again". This is our Christian Baptism. "I baptize you, in the name of The Father and of The Son, and of The Holy Spirit". There, you're born again, it's that simple.

Being born of the spirit has nothing to do with water baptism. Hope you know that.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

Just this song in that case.
. In my body. Light vibration middle top forward. Seem very low middle top. With more flow like circle shape. Left backside head slight vibration. Mood happy moving my legs to the beat. Close to bliss state but a little lower. Not much effect on rest of body.

We probably should not start that again on this tread.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

Divinely inspired do not mean divinely allspanning truth. Souls get it wrong since their awareness are not able to transcend the subjective view.

So how do you know what parts are truth and what parts are not truth if all those souls could have at any point failed in their awareness of divinity?

You know what parts are truth because you're divinely inspired? Yet you're a 'soul' and therefore subject to that same failure to 'transcend your awareness'.

To me you essentially just said parts are truth and parts are untruth, and we cannot be certain which parts belong to which category.

Objective reasoning and critical though testing dualities? Seeing the fruits that the trees give of? Testing Paul:s doctrines vs Jesus? Testing Rumi:s doctrines against Muhammad? Going to the highest level of objectivity that your awareness that you can handle so that you can see as much as possible without subjective blindness?

Just because I cannot cure all my blindness and my awareness might miss something do not mean I should not work on it and increase the awareness and question my own subjective reasoning.
. Ego transformation into awareness state.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

An example on Subjective reasoning vs objective.
Subjective reasoning.
1. I like sexual promiscuity so all people should be promiscuous. Promiscuous good
2. I dislike sexual promiscuity so no people should be promiscuous. Promiscuous bad
Objective reasoning.
1. Promiscuous being promiscuous with people who like being promiscuous is symbiotic in nature. Good.
2. Promiscuous being promiscuous with people who dislike being promiscuous is unsymbiotic in nature. Bad.
3. Non Promiscuous being non promiscuous with people who like being promiscuous is unsymbiotic in nature. Bad.
4. Non Promiscuous being non promiscuous with people who like being non promiscuous is symbiotic in nature. Good.

Just because I am in the crowd who dislike sexual promiscuity in my relationships do not meant my subjective preference is good for all souls and relationships.
edit on 12-3-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Born again- what is it?

According to the Bible, being born again is the Baptism of Fire by the Holy spirit. This occurs at the moment of belief:And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

AT the moment of belief when your included into Christ, the Spirit makes you a new creation.

Therefore from now on we recognize no one according to the flesh; even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him in this way no longer. 17Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 18Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation,

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
BLOODFIGHT!!!!

I'm slinging blood here... Jesus' BLOOD!

I'm covering everybody!

Meet Tom, the Catholic Singing Bass Player

edit on 12-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

In my mind you are very funny in this post even if it can be read seriously.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

In my mind you are very funny in this post even if it can be read seriously.

Yeah them dual intendres... blame the right hemisphere.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I never said I wanted to be anything.. I'm a damn Metalhead!

I met this dude Jesus in the circle pit... wth?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleByLittle
Just this song in that case.. In my body. Light vibration middle top forward. Seem very low middle top. With more flow like circle shape. Left backside head slight vibration. Mood happy moving my legs to the beat. Close to bliss state but a little lower. Not much effect on rest of body.

We probably should not start that again on this tread.

Yes, probably not a good idea here…plus, I wouldn’t want to burn out your batteries lol with my real!!! spiritual tracks

I like your posts around Ats, your head is clearly screwed on IMO…your head and heart are beautifully in harmony with each other too…

I don’t know everything about your beliefs, but you speak much truth IMO…

Peace

- JC

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
No I don't know that. Do you just make it up as you see fit? Whats your authority? Mine is Jesus Christ. Those are His words, not mine.

Born of water and the spirit. Being born again. Baptism. Jesus' Church and it's beautiful traditions have taught this for 2000 years.

a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

No I don't know that. Do you just make it up as you see fit? Whats your authority? Mine is Jesus Christ. Those are His words, not mine.

My authority would be the word of God. I think you have just missed some of the verses needed to fully understand whats going on here.

Matthew 3:11
“I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire."(Obviously referencing Christ)

Born of water and the spirit. Being born again. Baptism. Jesus' Church and it's beautiful traditions have taught this for 2000 years.

The word of God simply does not teach this. Don't get me wrong, water baptism is a great thing. It is a typification of the true baptism by the Spirit and fire. Just like marriage is a typification of the relationship between Christ and the Church.

Now you are completely ignoring the context of the verse if you think because it says born of water and born of the spirit it means water baptism.

I think its clear from the context that Born of Water=the natural birth and Born of Spirit=the re-birth into a new creation after the baptism of the Holy Spirit at the moment of belief.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

I think you are seeing only the good parts
. I have a nasty temper sometimes that I have a harder time to control now days then when I was younger. I also want to much to fast sometimes where I should have patience.

Your presence makes me smile. There are people that are causing much trouble in the world that I wish sometimes would be sent to hell fire for eternity (corrupt politicians/ISIS/banking mafia). That is not objective and not ok but still I lose my temper. Control is hard.

And I do in a way take god/spirit for granted and at times not as honoring as I might should be. My mind are annoyed with my abilities being to low from my point of view. Come on god please give me a operational manual on how the body works?
. If I was supposed to have one I would have it.

Namaste to all and thanks for a good thread and a good time.
edit on 13-3-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join