It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A list of occult practices. Can you add to the list?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

you know u started both by saying the same thing(on beginning of the threat u were on one side,right?) or is this incorrect?
so u are esoteric mystic Christian ?
edit on 11-3-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

ok so just to be clear . English is my fourth spoken language so I want to get it right

on the original post is a list labeled by author as occult. any of those can be "labeled "as occult in ur opinion ?

here is definition of occult from google (if google is acceptable reference)

www.google.com.au...

it is also described as system claiming use or knowledge of secret powers.. so in ur opinion what systems (if i cant make verb out of occult) would fit under this category. I mean what is hidden or secret these days? someone said realistically that only governments have secret powers these days..

ur example to me was me being diagnosed with something that the doctor does not know what it is exactly(not at this point anyway) and that equals occult you said.. I thought he found that "something" so how does it remain hidden therefore occult.. with the medicine definition (not sure if it applies to the original threat I may be totally wrong)

with that logic i assume nothing on the original list is in your opinion occult (basically it can not be because none of the terms are hidden or secret or unknown ) (unless u mean actually hidden eg in a hole)

what am I missing

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

my question is very simple..
it is btw for all of u participating in this debate..

let's rephrase

on the original post is a list of "systems" my question is...
if you had a child,would you or would you not mind if they are being part of any of the listed.. concerns (and why) or no concerns(and why) ?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MimiSia

ok so just to be clear . English is my fourth spoken language so I want to get it right

on the original post is a list labeled by author as occult. any of those can be "labeled "as occult in ur opinion ?

here is definition of occult from google (if google is acceptable reference)

www.google.com.au...

it is also described as system claiming use or knowledge of secret powers.. so in ur opinion what systems (if i cant make verb out of occult) would fit under this category. I mean what is hidden or secret these days? someone said realistically that only governments have secret powers these days..

ur example to me was me being diagnosed with something that the doctor does not know what it is exactly(not at this point anyway) and that equals occult you said.. I thought he found that "something" so how does it remain hidden therefore occult.. with the medicine definition (not sure if it applies to the original threat I may be totally wrong)

with that logic i assume nothing on the original list is in your opinion occult (basically it can not be because none of the terms are hidden or secret or unknown ) (unless u mean actually hidden eg in a hole)

what am I missing

You are asking good questions. I'll answer the easiest first: occult is also a medical term meaning "cause unknown". When a doctor has diagnosed a condition, the name of the condition is, of course, known. But if the cause of the condition is not known it is indicated as being occult.

Which of the systems the OP named claim use or have knowledge of secret powers? I suppose that depends on how one defines secret powers. Most or all religions claim to hold the answers to mysteries and provide a way to interact with deity or deities so I suppose that's a secret power in the sense that you are theoretically exposed to "secrets" of the religion if you devote yourself to the religion. Whether or not that is actually true is open to interpretation. Keep in mind that the OP is a fundamentalist Christian who is opposed to any religion outside of Christianity and, even within Christianity, is opposed to any sect or faith other than his own. He considers them to be evil and equates the occult with evil. This is absurd. There is nothing inherently evil about knowledge or practices simply because they're different or hidden.

There are certainly some religious groups and practices that I wouldn't want to be involved in but some of the groups and practices he lists are pretty benign. I would consider his own beliefs to not be benign.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

thank you
I would like to ask if I can if you are a female or a male(no need to answer if u don't feel like it)
it also certainly doesn't feel like you are an atheist
you also sound like you do psychology
I am also so curious about your age group (again no need to answer that) and finally what is your ideology (?if that is the correct term) and what was the pathway (if you can state it in few key milestone ) that lead you to have your current ideology (?) no need to share just curious just brush me of if u don't want to answer

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I guess what I am ultimately fighting here about is the following (I read this somewhere) she says she believes chocolate is better he says he believes vanilla is better.so what??? there was a question in the original post, basically opportunity to address your believes of the stuff on the list. say WHY you think it does or does not belong there. the person also said not to jump at him/her for his/hers Christian believes (I thought first why mention it then but I guess it gives a background to where the persons opinions and believes originally comes from/ I guess that saves time people who are deciding to participate on the debate . it sounds like the op wanted to ask mainly Christians?-I am just guessing on this one)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Having multiple Gods that predate the current mono God, and any practice that doesn't get approved by the church or church of state or kingdom allowing their non-occult practices as the christian meditation has been branded or approved by the church or state in power.

edit on 11-3-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
And if not approved by such invested powers, they'd be hanged, burned, or tortured, and in a reverse probably for being guilty of working for the Devil and rejecting the Father, the Sun, and the Holy spirit.

And most people would think they'd probably deserve it too.
edit on 11-3-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MimiSia

my question is very simple..
it is btw for all of u participating in this debate..

let's rephrase

on the original post is a list of "systems" my question is...
if you had a child,would you or would you not mind if they are being part of any of the listed.. concerns (and why) or no concerns(and why) ?

The list is a very lengthy hate list so I'll only comment on a few. I would have no problem with a child being involved with Wicca or Unitarian Universalism, yoga, martial arts, Rosicrucianism, or Native American spirituality for example. I would definitely have a problem with a child becoming involved with any cult such as the Unification Church, Scientology, etc., or with any religion or practice that involves harming oneself or others or gaining power over them, literal Satanism, for example.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I love a good Stephen King story.

Who know's maybe the authors' of the bible were adding to the story.

Knowing how some human's like to add to a story, (lie) I woudn't be surprise that there is some exagerating in the bible.

It's what we do.

I don't like to admit it, but I do question the beliefs that my parents have bestowed upon me

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat

I love a good Stephen King story.

Who know's maybe the authors' of the bible were adding to the story.

Knowing how some human's like to add to a story, (lie) I woudn't be surprise that there is some exagerating in the bible.

It's what we do.

I don't like to admit it, but I do question the beliefs that my parents have bestowed upon me

I can't figure out how that relates to the OP or my post. Could you explain?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I guess what I am saying is, I have questioned my own beliefs. I have raised my children within the Catholic church, and I truely believed in what I was teaching them. Heck I taught Catholic religion classes for years. I loved it.

But then, for some reason, I really can't pin point an exact thing, I started to question everything.

I started to think about other religions and what there belief system was based on, and I am at the point where I think that everything that I believe in is based on someone elses stories or beliefs.

So I have really turned inward and I am trying to just believe what is in my heart. It has been a really confusing journey, and I am by no means done. I have a long journey to go on. I welcome that.

I do read what my Horoscope says, but I take it in a way of (Pay attention to certain things) Like when it says "you will be losing things today", I tend to be more careful of where I put my Keys. LOL!!!

I really try to be more aware of what is going around around me, and how I react to those things.

I guess it's about paying more attention. We are all pulled in all different directions, and sometime's all that stuff is just a diffurence as to what is really going on.

I hope I answered your question. I lost your post. Sorry

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Heck,

In another thread I just praised Monkey-Boy.

LOL!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

i go exactly with the same choices you made
and my religion had zero impact on that choice
I mean it is in your gut instinct what feels right and what feels wrong
however imagine this.. if you never had parents to bring you up i guarantee you that bible is not too bad of a book to tell you what is a no no and what is ok, child. (the first version it certainly old school. so i am only talking about the new testament it is the Jesus bit
little problem starts if the child doesn't grow up

btw my definition of bible is bunch of people needed to set up some rules for sociaty. what a better way that creating the all mighty that will come and get you if you don't obey by the rules. let's not talk catholic church lol is all politics. in my opinion Jesus was a man who saw a huge issue with Jewish politics and pocketing from religion and your average joe (who paid extremely high tax to Jews)plus he stepped up his game and raised the bar in ethics and moral

bible people you take it too serious in my opinion chill out a little

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join