It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A list of occult practices. Can you add to the list?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: BlueMule

originally posted by: MimiSia
a reply to: BlueMule

oh I don't get u either

didn't cristianity begin later
but they marked Jesus's birth as the start??
is anyone disputing Jesus was Jew ???

sorry language barrier pls expand

I dispute that Jesus ever lived. As a mythological figure he was a Jew, of course.

If he did live, he epitomized the psychological process that a mystic undergoes.

If he didn't live, his story was written by people who understood that process. Only mystics understand that process.

Only mystics grok the gospel.

So, the distinction is meaningless. It doesn't matter whether he lived or not. I would have expected you to realize that, given your love of religious scholarship.

/shrug

👣

It certainly does matter within the context of Christianity whether he lived because it is a foundational belief of CHristianity that he died to "save us", etc.. It doesn't matter within the context of this thread so I wonder why you brought it up to begin with?

Within the context of exoteric Christianity, not esoteric Christianity. Which do you think a mystic such as Jesus would point to?

👣

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

you are correct I don't by the miracle
stuff(but why can't he be a real person standing up for what people needed at the time and still do -faith ) u know?

I said it here before
I wish I was brave enough to hang or set myself on fire leaving a note that I did it cause people are racist and they need to stop and I did it so "the g.o.d" ultimately the universal love (I am sure many and urself believe in universal cosmic all loving creating energy) forgives the racist people for being "ignorant" and that it is ok - g.o.d. will forgive them (reverse psychology) btw many cosmic magical things do happen and it is part of us
why can't u and other except people have Christianity as foundation you are correct howevever
I found this and love it

religion is like a penis

it is ok to have one

it is ok to be proud of it

however

don't show it in public

do not make laws with it

do not push it on children

and don't think with it

but what can I do or say I am and been raised Christian that does not mean I don't follow logic

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

there is not much to question
I guess 20% I do believe in on the original list

I did question the original
but maybe u didn't read it

I asked why mix religion with the list
is that what u mean?
edit on 10-3-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

oh I don't get u either

I dispute that Jesus ever lived. As a mythological figure he was a Jew, of course.

If he did live, he epitomized the psychological process that a mystic undergoes.

If he didn't live, his story was written by people who understood that process. Only mystics understand that process.

So, the distinction is meaningless. It doesn't matter whether he lived or not. I would have expected you to realize that, given your love of religious scholarship.

/shrug

👣

It certainly does matter within the context of Christianity whether he lived because it is a foundational belief of CHristianity that he died to "save us", etc.. It doesn't matter within the context of this thread so I wonder why you brought it up to begin with?

Within the context of exoteric Christianity, not esoteric Christianity. Which do you think a mystic such as Jesus would point to?

👣

Imaginary people don't point.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Borisbanger

perhaps those who are enlightened enough to be able to practice such feats are not as interested or motivated by money and fortune.... just a thought.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

oh I don't get u either

/shrug

👣

👣

But you aren't imaginary. So why are you trying to destroy the faith of Christians, instead of pointing them to the esoteric?

I can only conclude it's because you don't grok the esoteric. You are no mystic.

👣

edit on 094Tuesday000000America/ChicagoMar000000TuesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

honest ...I don't get u what are u disputing ? lol
everything ?

anyway the basic question here is (tell me if i am wrong ) do occults (the top one hundred
seem meaningful, normal and ok to be a part of ? yes or no?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

oh I don't get u either

/shrug

👣

👣

But you aren't imaginary. So why are you trying to destroy the faith of Christians, instead of pointing them to the esoteric?

I can only conclude it's because you don't grok the esoteric. You are no mystic.

👣

I am not interested in proselytizing. Discussing the esoteric with literalists is an utter waste of time. You know that.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

everything ?

anyway the basic question here is (tell me if i am wrong ) do occults (the top one hundred

You don't have to get it. Tangerine does get it, and he is my concern at this point. I am a heat seeking missile locked on target.

👣

edit on 120Tuesday000000America/ChicagoMar000000TuesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: f

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

everything ?

Occults? That's not even a word. Occult means hidden. You wouldn't say do hiddens seem meaningful? I think you're asking whether those belief systems and practices seem meaningful. Sure they're meaningful to the people who believe them. Are they normal? Normal refers to the norm or that which is most common. I'm guessing that's not what you mean by normal. are those beliefs and practices OK to be a part of? For whom?

You might want to start by correctly defining the words you use. When you define words incorrectly, you can't communicate your meaning and people can't properly respond to your questions.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

oh I don't get u either

/shrug

👣

👣

👣

I am not interested in proselytizing. Discussing the esoteric with literalists is an utter waste of time. You know that.

No, I don't know that. What I do know, is that I used to be a fundamentalist. Now I am an esoteric mystic. I also know that efforts like yours to destroy my faith didn't work.

I doubt you truly grok the esoteric, therefore I doubt you are capable of discussing it with literalists.

👣

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

oh I don't get u either

/shrug

👣

👣

👣

No, I don't know that. What I do know, is that I used to be a fundamentalist. Now I am an esoteric mystic. I also know that efforts like yours to destroy my faith didn't work.

I doubt you truly grok the esoteric, therefore I doubt you are capable of discussing it with literalists.

👣

I don't delude myself into thinking that my efforts will persuade fundamentalists to change their minds. However, pointing out the utter absurdity and illogic of their beliefs and their inability to defend those beliefs does sometimes make an impression with non-fundamentalists who read these posts. It also serves the purpose of encouraging others to stand up and speak out against fundamentalism which is really just a totalitarian political movement.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I challenge you to engage the OP in a meaningful discussion about esoteric Christianity. I'll observe.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

oh I don't get u either

/shrug

👣

👣

👣

👣

I don't delude myself into thinking that my efforts will persuade fundamentalists to change their minds. However, pointing out the utter absurdity and illogic of their beliefs and their inability to defend those beliefs does sometimes make an impression with non-fundamentalists who read these posts. It also serves the purpose of encouraging others to stand up and speak out against fundamentalism which is really just a totalitarian political movement.

The shortest path from Christian fundamentalism is Christian mysticism, not the utter defeat of atheism. You are going about it all wrong. And your trolling is pissing me off.

👣

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I challenge you to engage the OP in a meaningful discussion about esoteric Christianity. I'll observe.

I'm game, if you can get the OP to agree.

👣

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Are you willing to discuss esoteric Christianity with Blue Mule? He asked.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

oh I don't get u either

/shrug

👣

👣

👣

👣

The shortest path from Christian fundamentalism is Christian mysticism, not the utter defeat of atheism. You are going about it all wrong. And your trolling is pissing me off.

👣

I'm not trolling. I've been responding to the OP's list of that which he claims is occult beliefs and practices by pointing out that many Christian beliefs and practices fall into the same category.

YOU are assuming that I'm pushing atheism. I am not. You are assuming that I'm an atheist. I am not.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I bet Jesus had a wicked karate chop. How else you gonna cut that unleavened bread?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
How is OOBE considered of the occult? Alot of people have OOBE without even trying or doing anything to make it happen.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I scrolled back through all the pages and, unless I missed it, the OP stopped posting after the first page. I think this is one of those hit and run threads with an OP who isn't really interested in discussion.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join