It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids can understand and accept gay folk.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
These videos are split among 50-50, It seems half of them are like WOW this is crazy. Half of them are like oh thats cute * Mostly the girls who say that* well it seems most of the guys are like wtf?

I donno. There might not be pregidous in their oppinions but you can tell every child is not comfortable with the subject. It just goes to show even without propaganda or brainwashing half of the kids just think its weird and gross. The videos are in cut scenes so we don't even hear their full oppinions.

Gayness has existed since well as far back as i can remeber greece ect.

The only thing i don't like about gay marriage is that science is using gay people as a scapegoat to push of their transgender Transhumanist agendas.

It's pretty obvious who is pushing this and who is dropping funding into these types of things.

Gay people are such a vastly small majority for the press coverage that is occuring i think there are some big players trying to push these ideologies on people. To get the used to the fact that humans can be test tubed into existance because of Gay couples and donor programs.

For this reason. I am going to say i don't support gay marriage. As it's just a smokescreen for bigger issues like Aritifial intelligence, Cloneing, and genderswapping.

On the surface yeah its kinda cute. But deep down these issues honestly are breeding Ultimate Sin. Which is the genetic modification of the human species and eradication of our premise that such things may in fact be wrong.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: Metallicus

I educate my kids that all American Citizens have equal rights and protection under the law. I don't need to educate them about gays.

Yet gay people are those American citizens...

I think maybe gay american citizens are different from the other more normal type.

Possibly due to understanding of compassion, love, understanding and other weak "gay" type thoughts.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
For this reason. I am going to say i don't support gay marriage. As it's just a smokescreen for bigger issues like Aritifial intelligence, Cloneing, and genderswapping.

I think you're paranoid and fear it because you don't understand it and it makes you uncomfortable.

Gay Marriage has nothing to do with AI or Cloning. But I'd be willing to hear you try and make those connections if you have any that are reasonable.

On the surface yeah its kinda cute. But deep down these issues honestly are breeding Ultimate Sin. Which is the genetic modification of the human species and eradication of our premise that such things may in fact be wrong.

Ultimate Sin is completely subjective and debatable. Sin itself is Religious in origin and found only within Theological discussions.

If you are starting off with the "premise that such things are in fact wrong" there isn't room left for discussion is there??? You have simply made up your mind then work at trying to justify it any way you can.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I think maybe gay american citizens are different from the other more normal type.

As far as being Constitutionally Protected and/or Equal, they are no different at all. Nobody is any more or less "normal" or "equal" than anyone else.

Possibly due to understanding of compassion, love, understanding and other weak "gay" type thoughts.

Are you saying "Compassion, Love and Understanding of Others" are "weak and/or gay" type thoughts???

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I educate my kids that all American Citizens have equal rights and protection under the law. I don't need to educate them about gays.

Yet gay people are those American citizens...

THAT was my point, sir. I educate my kids about ALL people deserving freedom and equality. I don't go through each special interest group and treat them as a special case. As a Libertarian I support the right of people to do many thing which I might not agree with. I don't discriminate in business or in my personal relationships, but I will be damned if I am going to be told what to do or what to believe or how to conduct my life.

I support freedom and equality for ALL Americans and that should be enough, but for some reason it isn't in today's world and it pisses me off that I have to 'embrace' things I don't have interest in or feel inclined to support.

Yes, I speak up when things that might affect me or my family are talked about because I don't want people meddling with my life or the life of my family. That included Government, special rights groups and anyone that feels they can tell me what to believe.

This OP pissed me off because it was a 'we know what is best for your children' type of thread. While on the surface it SEEMS like a great idea...in the end it is about telling my kids that a certain lifestyle is okay without my consent. I don't want my kids taught about Christianity, Islam, Gays or any other special interest.

When it comes to freedom of me and mine to live our lives free from meddling I am extremely passionate. If I overreacted or sometimes play devil's advocate it is because I HATE being messed with. If you want my support then shut up and don't bother me and I am 100% on your side.

That is how I am and how I operate. Sometimes it offends people. I don't MEAN to offend people, but I am not going to back down when I think something is becoming invasive or meddlesome.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled OP. I've had my say.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I support freedom and equality for ALL Americans and that should be enough, but for some reason it isn't in today's world and it pisses me off that I have to 'embrace' things I don't have interest in or feel inclined to support.

Rephrased it slightly:

I support freedom and equality for All American citizens, except for the ones in today's World which I have no interest in supporting.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I believe Nonspecific was being sarcastic

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I agree - and disagree.

While I agree that it is somewhat redundant to go into each and every group, however small, only to underline that they are also equaly free and hold the same rights - I would still teach about Christianity/Islam/etc, in the historical and contemporary cultural context.
But I wouldn't tell you how to lead your house.

On the other hand - if this thread was about 'freedom'... there are far more pressing wars to fight in that regard.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Rephrased it slightly:

I support freedom and equality for All American citizens, except for the ones in today's World which I have no interest in supporting.

I don't need you to rephrase it for me unless you are saying that is how YOU feel. I don't need to support someones life style to support their rights as American Citizens. I don't understand how you are having trouble understanding me unless you are being deliberately obtuse.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColCurious

I agree - and disagree.

While I agree that it is somewhat redundant to go into each and every group, however small, only to underline that they are also equaly free and hold the same rights - I would still teach about Christianity/Islam/etc, in the historical and contemporary cultural context.
But I wouldn't tell you how to lead your house.

On the other hand - if this thread was about 'freedom'... there are far more pressing wars to fight in that regard.

I do agree with you that those religions should be taught in a historical sense. I was speaking only to them being taught in a way to indoctrinate them into their religion. I think a persons spirituality is very personal and I have never taught my daughter what to believe. She has gravitated towards the Christian religion because of some of her friends and I don't have an issue with that I just don't want someone slamming it down her throat.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I thought you were abandoning thread? I kept my reply short for that reason.

I don't need to support someones life style to support their rights as American Citizens.

Their 'lifestyle' , aka their orientation in which they have no choice on the matter, is precisely what's been deliberated on, and the inequalities they have/are suffering from due to their orientation alone is what is being determined unconstitutional. So whether you like it or not, or support it or not, not affording them equal treatment under the law is against the very American principles our society is built upon. Its just taken us a while to see that unfortunately.

Your whole posts reeks of undermining gay people as people. Your posts seem to be insinuating it's merely a choice they could easily change. Equating them to 'special interest groups' and the likes of religion. You can change your religion, good luck choosing to be gay. No really. Choose to be gay and I will retract my words. Their orientation is fundamental to who they are as people, as American citizens. Discriminating against them on the basis of their orientation alone, which historically we have obviously been doing, is wrong and again is starting to be seen for what it really is; unconstitutional.

If you want my support then shut up and don't bother me and I am 100% on your side.

...and none of those changes would have been brought about by everyone shutting up about it!

THAT was my point, sir. I educate my kids about ALL people deserving freedom and equality.

Good. Let them know who those American citizens deserving of freedom and equality are.

in the end it is about telling my kids that a certain lifestyle is okay without my consent.

So who they are is not okay?
edit on 7-3-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

You seem to be trying to manipulate my words so I will attempt to make it clear enough for you to understand. Do I believe gays should be able to get married? Yes. Do I believe gays should have all the other rights and privileges of American Citizenship? Yes. Would I do business with a gay person? Yes. Would I go out of my way to make life more difficult for a gay person? No.

Would I march in a parade with them or attend a gay rights rally? No. Do I find two men (or really anyone) showing affection in public to be disagreeable? Yes. Do I need every one to think like me? No.

So what is your problem exactly? You do you and I will do me.

ETA: These are all things I have already touched on earlier so I am not sure why you can't understand that I have never once advocated for discriminating against anyone. I find the idea reprehensible.
edit on 2015/3/8 by Metallicus because: ETA

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

So what is your problem exactly?

Funny. You're the one who said he was pissed off.

I don't think I manipulated your words at all.

Anyways. I asked a question and it went unanswered so I don't know why you expect me to answer yours. No biggie though.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Well, we can agree to disagree.

Have a good night.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
When I was little, my parents had gay friends, (and even one parent had a moment of experimenting with homosexuality, which I was aware of). It just didn't shock or traumatize me at all. I didn't have any fixed ideas about what love "should" be - it was a wide open terrain. After all, I loved my mom, I loved my cat, I loved some of my toys....love signified a basic attraction and attachment, which could be experienced or expressed in different kinds of ways.

It didn't make me homosexual, even though I was (am) open minded to the possibility. I even went out on a date with another girl once, because she was attracted to me, and I was curious to see if I would feel attracted to her. But after a few hours, it became clear that even if I wanted to, (and part of me did, I was a teen, the idea of being slightly different from the norm was interesting) I just didn't feel any physical response to her of that sort.

As an adult, my husband and I had dear friends that were gay, and that our kids were aware were gay. One couple of men even became a threesome for a while, living together, and the kids just sorta shrugged and took that in stride. Whatever. None of them seemed to be traumatized or confused by that, and none of them are gay now. (sometimes I think it would be fun to have a gay child though)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Seriously?

You won't find better allies than Libertarians if you're looking for support of personal freedoms.
No 'special treatment' for anybody though. That's the deal.

All Metallicus said is he gets pissed if anyone tries to infringe on his freedoms.
What's wrong with that?

originally posted by: Metallicus
I don't care if someone is gay and I sure don't want to see the gays discriminated against [...]

&

originally posted by: Metallicus
I don't discriminate in business or in my personal relationships [...]

What more could you possibly ask for?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

That first video is SO precious! I loved it! "Out of the mouths of babes..." Children are honest and not perverted with the hatred, insecurities and judgments of their parents. They can barely understand why anyone would want to deny ANYTHING to gay people that straight people have.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Me and my husband have raised (are and still) 4 children, in a same sex house hold. They are some of the most wonderful people I've ever met. Smart, hard working, well educated and not a mean bone in their bodies.

Our being gay had nothing to do with it. Our loving them unconditionally and giving them the tools to succeed is what created those wonderful folk.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
I remember when I hated on gays.

Then I met some, and found out they were chill.

The long process of questioning my faith, plus getting to know a few people with a different mind set and lifestyle than mine resulted in the breaking down of my prejudices. Sure there are the flamboyant homosexual males that throw me off with their weirdness but everyone is weird in some way. The funnest part about making gay jokes is when you do it with gay friends. They have some of the best!

I was kind of similar..i grew up in Saudi Arabia, as a westerner, but was still very sheltered as you would expect.

When we moved to the UK, i never had any problem at all with gay people, but i DID think it was a choice they made. The, i met some gay people, then met my current wife and her MANY MANY gay friends and then my younger bro came out and i realised how stupid i was to think it was a choice.

When im fawning all over Jen Aniston on Friends and look at my bro and ask him, so she does nothing all for you? How is that possible?? he replies "does Joey do anything at all for you?"

he and many other gay guys have told me they have never been into girls. Ever. So, of course its not a choice.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

You won't find better allies than Libertarians if you're looking for support of personal freedoms.

No 'special treatment' for anybody though. That's the deal.

....no doubt I would disagree with both you and Metallicus on what 'special treatment' is in the context of LGBT, thus precluding you both in my eyes from 'the best' when it comes to personal freedom.
edit on 8-3-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join