It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlanta garbage man spends 30 days in jail for going to work too early

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Completely agree that calling 911 was over the top. Couldn't agree more with you.

Many areas also have ordinances about planes flying over residential areas, trains blowing their horns between certain areas, etc.

And I'm frequently in those forums. My comment about level of absurdity in the idea of doing without emergency services was directed at the person who initially suggested it, not so much you.

Either way, it's still one of the more absurd things I've seen here.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Completely agree that calling 911 was over the top. Couldn't agree more with you.

Many areas also have ordinances about planes flying over residential areas, trains blowing their horns between certain areas, etc.

And I'm frequently in those forums. My comment about level of absurdity in the idea of doing without emergency services was directed at the person who initially suggested it, not so much you.

Either way, it's still one of the more absurd things I've seen here.

Sorry about that I know your no greenhorn, I have read many of your posts across the boards, it's gone midnight here in the UK on a saturday night so no offence intended.

I just get a little irrate when the "think they are special because they are a bit wealthy" crowd get all uppity when the rest of us just get on with it.

Sorry to go a little of topic.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It should be noted that in some municipalities 911 is how police are contacted, emergency or not.
www.northglenn.org...

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Should also be noted that Sandy Springs GA is not one of those communities.

In some areas, residents call the police for any and all incidents. Break a leg? Call the cops. Heart attack? Call the cops.

Neither point is germane.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

True.
Not relevant.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

No offense taken. Where I'm at, the affluent communities are the ones that prohibit fly overs and train horns etc. I get your point mate

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
im not shure about how they run things but sone would think they have to pick up the truck from a yard

so why are they alowed to leave before the time they should

i doubt this guy really wanted to wake up extra early to start working

something tells me the company wanted this for whatever reasion and there letting this poor guy get thrown under the buss

compleat bs tho really a garbage truck is suck a problem REALLY u think he deservs 30 days for maby waking u up

wtf do u live ina box next to the trash i never have even heard my trash truck and wake up to it or find it a problem

f it thease people should be sent to a 3rd world country bet thell not complain about such bs like this ... just pisses me off nothing better to do than cry about a trash truck

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
www.bizjournals.com... The pretty white woman here says all is honky dory there at waste management Inc. I do realize that where she is speaking may or may not be waste management Inc but ya im gona need to play the race card here. My apology's to anyone who thinks that I am wrong.
P.S. Im not really basing that assumption on anything on that page just a feeling in my gut.
edit on 7-3-2015 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I'd count myself in the camp that says dispatch is definitely to blame as well. I'd be curious to see if this guy had any significant route changes just prior to this incident. They might have him doubled up or covering for somebody else, thus it would be dispatch calling the driver in early so he can do more than one route. In which case he ends up violating the ordinance by following their instruction. And no, not everyone knows every city ordinance or bylaw. It'd be easy to mess this up, particularly if it's seldom enforced. It's likely the garbage man woke up one of the local politicians, and that's why he got caught up in this.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Well if it is like the yard that I work out of.....it could easily be left up to the drivers discretion as to when he started his route. I run on a strict schedule myself ( USPS contractor ) a garbage run would be very different. But all of the drivers have keys to the building and other places and they have free access to the truck keys. My gut feeling is the driver was quite possibly warned before hand of the situation. But was left free to make his own choice....knowing there could be consequences.

I just think the sentence is way out of line for the "crime". I haven't searched to see if the driver made any statements...I feel quite strongly that he would own up to any guilt on his part. Truck drivers are as a general rule a prideful sort and they would not fear to tell the truth. Garbage men in particular would be of the rougher edges. He will take his lickings fair and square. But....come 7am on Monday morning you can bet "them" and everyone for 10 mi's around will hear "their" garbage being picked up.
edit on 8-3-2015 by HarryJoy because: correction

edit on 8-3-2015 by HarryJoy because: correct wording

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: skunkape23

A month in the hoosegow can mean you lose everything to the average Joe.

He will serve his time on weekends.

Now he has to spend the next 14 weekends in jail, while he works during the week... after 7am.

6abc.com...

oh, well...That's OK then

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join