It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlanta garbage man spends 30 days in jail for going to work too early

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: crazyewok

Well they were being issued fines but still allowing drivers to collect trash early.
Not according to the company. The company says the drivers were instructed not to do so.

Hence the owners of the company should be brought to court for that.

On what charge?

You don't get out of the yard without the dispatch.

Peace

Who's saying he got out early?

ETA:What time is he allowed to leave that yard?

All we know is that before 7 is too early in that neighborhood.
edit on 7-3-2015 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

McGill had been told not to go to Sandy Springs before seven. Didn't really matter when he left the yard.

"We had meetings with the company and the company had actually done the things they were supposed to do,"Riley said. "They had trained him. They told him not to come here before seven."

www.vice.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Instead of worrying about those details, we should worry about who's going to go knock on the 911 callers door to ask them a really stupid trash related question before 7 a.m.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

He picked up garbage at 5 am, so they called 911 on him.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj
originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

He picked up garbage at 5 am, so they called 911 on him.

Charge them for frivolous use of 911 then. That doesn't make the company guilty of letting him out "early", as claimed by some in this thread.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

a reply to: jude11

McGill had been told not to go to Sandy Springs before seven. Didn't really matter when he left the yard.

"We had meetings with the company and the company had actually done the things they were supposed to do,"Riley said. "They had trained him. They told him not to come here before seven."

www.vice.com...

But at the same time too, dispatch gave him keys to the truck. So there a conundrum. He's being told no, yet given the keys to truck at a very early hour and quite possibly told to come in early. The company puts it all on him, but we all know, companies set the schedule and holds the keys to the truck. If I worked at Walmart, I can't just show up when I darn well feel like it. I have to show up when I'm scheduled. If I were driving a delivery truck, such as UPS, I don't take the truck keys home with me, I have to give them to dispatch at the end of my shift, so the next driver can drive the truck. The truck gets parked in the yard at the end of shift, the next driver picks up the keys from the dispatch.

*Now mind you, this isn't for every company, but most with large trucks.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Is Sandy Springs the only area on his route? Or just the closest to the yard?

He was suspended by the company, right? Says so in the OP.
edit on 3/7/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Is Sandy Springs the only area on his route? Or just the closest to the yard?

He was suspended by the company, right? Says so in the OP.

I doubt it was the only area on his route. None of the articles mention the rest of his route, so it's hard to say where else he collects from.

Edit added: Yes he was suspended before the jail term according to the article because the fines weren't working.
edit on 3/7/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
If earlier than 7 a.m. is too early to pick up the garbage in their neighborhood, then earlier than 7 a.m. is too early for emergency response.
Let them get robbed, raped, or have a heart attack until the cock crows.
edit on 7-3-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Flawless logic.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
I'm glad you agree.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
If earlier than 7 a.m. is too early to pick up the garbage in their neighborhood, then earlier than 7 a.m. is too early for emergency response.

I can not find fault with that logic, If a refuse lorry is deemed unaceptable then how can they call the emergency services with the sirens and flashing lights.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Yes he was suspended before the jail term according to the article because the fines weren't working.

The drivers apparently didn't care about the fines the company was paying so they took disciplinary action. Sounds like due diligence.

edit on 3/7/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
i fixed this bit;

"wealthy residents are trash"

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I can not find fault with that logic, If a refuse lorry is deemed unaceptable then how can they call the emergency services with the sirens and flashing lights.

Kind of answered your own question. One is called emergency services. The other is called trash pickup.

Saying that since a person doesn't want a trash truck driving through their neighborhood at 5 in the morning, then by extension they should put up with a home invasion or a medical emergency is one of the more ridiculous things I've seen put forward on ATS.
edit on 7-3-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Typo

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Interesting point of view.
What do you consider wealthy?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

The drivers apparently didn't care about the fines the company was paying so they took disciplinary action. Sounds like due diligence.

I have no problem with the suspension as well. But, dispatch gave him the keys to the truck, therefore, dispatch should be suspended too. Dispatch would know the hours of the town as well. He would know the rules. Obviously the management didn't care by handing the employee keys to the truck by allowing him to take the truck off the lot, rather than making him wait until it was the proper hour.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

You said that you doubt that Sandy Springs was the only area on his route.

You are assuming dispatch knew he was going to Sandy Springs soon after leaving the yard.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: nonspecific

Kind of answered your own question. One is called emergency services. The other is called trash pickup.

Saying that since a person doesn't want a trash truck driving through their neighborhood at 5 in the morning, then by extension they should put up with a home invasion or a medical emergency is one of the more ridiculous things I've seen put forward on ATS.

I get where you are coming from but I disagree that it is one of the more ridiculous things you have seen on ATS if so check out the skunkworks and grey area forums.

I live in the UK, our refuse collections start early and where I live now they come around somewhere between 5- 6 in the morning.

Then consider those that work non conventional shifts working in hospitals or industries where shifts are 24-7, they get woken up by everything.

The point I was agreeing with was that it was stated that the area was wealthy and these well to do households felt it innapropriate that they were woken up by the mean people removing there waste being taken away, it's somewhat of a first world problem if you ring the emergency services for such an "inconvinience" but that's just my personal opinion.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

You said that you doubt that Sandy Springs was the only area on his route.

You are assuming dispatch knew he was going to Sandy Springs soon after leaving the yard.

Quite possibly, yes. Not in all instances, but in many, dispatch sets the route. I would believe that would be the case here. Usually so in companies such as this, UPS, FedEx, etc... But as I said, there are exceptions to the rule.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join