It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who refuse to give blood.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Fantastic, thanks boymonkey! I didn't know such a website existed. I'm in Canada and found ours, here's the link for anyone that wants to check it out: www.organ-donation-works.org...

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I'm about 20 pints of blood in credit so far in my life, I donate every 6 months or so when the big truck rocks up at a local church hall.
I remember when I was 18 me and a mate were really skint so we went and gave blood just for the free cups of tea and biscuits afterwards.
Most times I give blood I get called into a side-room for further questions regarding the answers I provided on the question sheet. Where it asks "Have you had sex with an intravenous drug user?" I anotate "Don't know", so they ask what I mean and I explain that the girls I have had sex with didn't seem like skagheads and I didn't notice any track marks, but if I ticked "no" I would be telling a lie as I don't know.
They take my blood then and thank me for an honest answer.
I do like giving blood though, it tells me I'm not HIV+ without having a specific test marked on my medical record.
...oh and my life outlook is the same as my blood group...B positive.

edit on 8.3.2015 by grainofsand because: typo

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Ooooh just behind you 17 at the mo
Next time I will offer two to overtake you lol.
Good on you as usual Grainy

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

People who refuse to give blood.

I used to be on the organ donor list and I was in the bone marrow registry. I tried to give blood a few times but they wouldn't take it because my blood pressure was too low. Now that I"m sick with autoimmune, I can't give any of it. I wish I could.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Haha, cheers BM.
What's the munch like where you give blood? Last time I went the local Womens Institute were giving out free cakes as well as the tea and biscuits...I went for the amazing coffee & walnut cake...ohmygosh I wished that lil old lady was my Nan. lol

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

The last one the blood bus we call it at work didn't give us anything not even a brew...they were all in a rush and asked us If we could go back into work and make one.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Man that is pants! Not even a brew? That's a scandal!!!
I'm sort of expecting cakes again next time now, the old ladies of the Womens Institute can't tease us with homebaking once then lower the bar on our return.
Oh, and have you ever made the stupid mistake of having a beer or two straight after donating, I did it once with a mate, both of us were proper dizzy...never doing that again!

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

In a world where almost everyone is a thief how can there be love or social responsibility?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Every single time I've tried, they've refused on the grounds of my blood pressure being too high, even on medication. I have scary-high BP naturally, various meds have barely nudged it down

However, if anyone can make use of my organs after I die, they may certainly have them -- I'm an organ donor.

On the topic of donating organs at least, I really think the easiest way to go about raising the numbers for recipients waiting on a hope & a prayer would be to make organ donation a default opt-in upon getting an ID or license. If you don't want to, then check the box upon issuance or renewal. Otherwise, since people are too lazy to bother, it would (theoretically anyway) up the numbers. Those who REALLY REALLY don't want to for whatever crap-arse or selfish reason will chomp at the bit to mark a "don't help others with my dead meat sack's organs" box.
edit on 3/8/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

You get charged for blood received ??? . Do people who donate get paid there . What part of donating am i not getting.

Yeah you get charged. Which is understandable to some extent. The blood needs to be tested. I know they do a lot of other stuff to, like separating the red blood cells from the platelets, and I'm sure the equipment isn't cheap. Plus I'd imagine that every bag of blood requires equipments parts to be changed for safety sake. Can't mix of O Pos with A Pos etc. It has to be refrigerated etc. I do think for the most part if hospitals only job was getting/giving blood they wouldn't survive due to all the cost associated. There has to be someway to make it cheaper though. I know hospitals mostly run blood drives because they recover the money doing other things, and without the blood they wouldn't be much of a hospital. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   

So many refuse to give blood and that is why we are always running low.

What do you mean refuse? Like it is somehow mandatory. I just saw you promoting mandatory vaccinations too.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: LogJammer

Refuse? yes they do If they are capable of giving blood..they are refusing.
No I suggested If people are stupid enough to not get vaccinated....tongue in cheek.
Oh and Iam all for the new system of opting out instead of opting in for organ donation.
We live in a society some help that society some don't by not helping and not giving blood etc.
So which is it for you are you selfish? do you not contribute to society and the well being of others.
Would you take blood If needed? yes or no?.
edit on 9-3-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Must admit I didn't mind the nurses

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   

One thing to add about mandatory vaccination is If you don't want it to happen get vaccinated.
The smallpox vaccine was mandatory and guess what no more smallpox...we could get rid of measles also..
The problem with measles is while not as dangerous as smallpox they are related and If measles is allowed to thrive it can mutate...then we may have a virus as bad as smallpox.
But anyhow this thread is about giving blood for the good of all plenty of Vaccines threads about.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

You literally said that it is time to make vaccinations mandatory because of stupid people not getting vaccinated.

Oh and Iam all for the new system of opting out instead of opting in for organ donation.

Well I am not. Noone has a right to claim my organs by default.

We live in a society some help that society some don't by not helping and not giving blood etc. So which is it for you are you selfish? do you not contribute to society and the well being of others?.

So because I criticised your stance I am now automatically a non blood sharing selfish non contributing member of society. Nice slithering there.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Do you give blood?.
If so great.
It is in wales at the moment and it will be rolled out across the rest of the UK.
You just have to opt out. It is going to save many peoples lives.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   

One thing to add about mandatory vaccination is If you don't want it to happen get vaccinated.

Are you serious? You can't be because this is a joke. You are seriously suggesting that in order to prevent a forced vaccination I should get it voluntarily?

Wow, are you an expert in logic?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Yes the only way that it will become mandatory is when the next outbreak of whatever kills a load of people and governments are forced to do so.
But like I said goto the other threads this is about blood donation.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

But like I said goto the other threads this is about blood donation.

I merely mentioned it, you went more in depth than me.

Do you give blood?. If so great.

No. So not great?

Holland has enough blood donors to be selfsustaining in its needs. There is no need for everbody to donate blood.

If I ever need a blood transfusion I will be very grateful to those who chose to contribute to society in that way.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Not every country is as wonderful as the Netherlands. I mean that I lived near Eindhoven in a place called Best for a year.
I just wish people were as socially minded as the dutch.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join