It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who refuse to give blood.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
i would quite happliy give blood cause i,ve had so many needles and cannulas stuck in me i have lost count and giving blood would be quite easy to me but i,m not sure i can since i,ve had chemo but if anyone wants to say i,m wrong and i can then i,d quite happliy queue up for it.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

Just had a check and sorry you can't

www.cancerresearchuk.org...

Hearts in the right place though dude and I hope you are all clear now.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

yeah i am thanks i,ve been clear for couple of years but never been told by my consultant about giving blood or if i could after a certain length of time.

suppose i should have asked.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: sparky31

yeah i am thanks i,ve been clear for couple of years but never been told by my consultant about giving blood or if i could after a certain length of time.

Giving blood is the job of those lucky enough to have there health.

Recieving it is for those who do not have the same fortune.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
a reply to: tothetenthpower

So even if your hiv tested negative and celibate but gay your not allowed to donate?

It sounds like this is more about causing panic in narrow minded biggots and less about the risk of contaminated blood.

Even if you joke around they will refuse you, at one of our company's blood drives when I was still there they asked the usual questions and the lady had asked me if I was gay and I replied only on Thursdays I was then asked to leave even though I told her I was joking.

If people can give then please do so.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: sparky31

Giving blood is the job of those lucky enough to have there health.

Recieving it is for those who do not have the same fortune.
thats true but i feel really healthy and did before chemo.did during it and do now,only reaction to chemo was a little more tired but that was it.

i feel i still have my health but boymonkey74 just told me i may feel it but can,t share it.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

You can do the next best thing persuade someone else to do it

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

You can do the next best thing persuade someone else to do it
next hospital appointment i mite just do that,whoever comes with me when i,m getting blood took i,ll force them into it as well lol just won,t tell them before it.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

But they wouldn't take my blood.
Said I didn't weigh enough. So yeah,I guess I'm out of this one. But yes I have taken blood when I almost died. But I'll be dipped in # if I'll put on weight just so I can give blood.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I live to give I always give marrow and blood I try every three or 6 months depending on what was previously given I have a-negative I get calls all the time to donate and always do!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Absolute proof that, even in this modern "forward thinking" age, we still have morons running the place. That has to be one of the most insulting things I've ever heard of.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I used to give blood. I don't anymore because I have blood sugar problems.

edit on 7-3-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
You bring up a good point. I know something that has bothered me about giving blood is the cost they charge the patient. I know my sister had blood transfusion back in 1998, and the cost was $1,600 per. She also got platelets and I know those where over $2,000. So even though that bothers me, It's true we should all be giving blood if possible.

Thanks for reminding us!

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: lobograndemalo

I know my sister had blood transfusion back in 1998, and the cost was $1,600 per.

You get charged for blood received ??? . Do people who donate get paid there . What part of donating am i not getting .BTW i cannot donate because of medication , although i am sure anyone recieving my blood would appreciate the hangover that might come with it . Lol

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Can't let them evil gays give a drop

Well yeah, us straight people don't want to catch the gay. That's why I never shop at designer boutiques, the gay spores don't get filtered out by the HVAC systems.

Seems so dumb. I don't trust anyone's blood. I thought they tested it all. Being gay may put you at a higher risk statistically (awful idea to rely on that in this situation), but I'm sure hoping donated blood isn't handed out without actual testing first. People lie.

Pretty sure the vast majority of people that look down on gay folks aren't going to give a poo if they get their life saved by a gay persons blood. Kinda puts things in perspective.

Man that must hurt. I can try to empathize, but I just can't understand what that feels like.

It's going to take time. Someday, and hopefully soon, this won't be an issue. Change never happens as fast as we want, but I do think that certain changes are coming to fruition much more quickly than they would have in the past. Reminds me of computers, how technological advancements snowball. It seems as of late that's the same with social issues.

We can hope.

Always been impressed with you as a person, and I'm sure I would be impressed with you as a father/husband. My neck is always going to be a little red, but I'm growing up too.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

A rant today about not giving blood and a rant tomorrow about not giving their organs a?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: learnatic

Done orgabs ages ago lol.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   

I donate blood and for those who are afraid or don't know what to expect it's really easy. You get your finger pricked first and they test you to see if you are anemic and tell you what your blood type is (pretty vital info if you're ever in an accident), then you answer a bunch of questions and then it's off to the big chair. A padded comfy chair where you get hooked up to a needle and you sit there and just "zen". After you get a bowl of soup or a cookie and a drink. Very easy.

I encourage everyone to sign up as a bone marrow donor as well. And this is pretty cool to know: the person that gets your bone marrow will have your dna. I personally think that's really neat.

I also think it's a great idea to be a donor in case of death. To allow another person to live when my "shell" is still useable to some degree - what a great privilege. Just make sure your loved ones know and sign your driver's licence and let your family doctor know.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

It is easy now to leave your body and organs to help others took me 5 mins on the website here.

www.organdonation.nhs.uk...

Good on you also.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join