It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who refuse to give blood.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Not every country is as wonderful as the Netherlands. I mean that I lived near Eindhoven in a place called Best for a year. I just wish people were as socially minded as the dutch.

We do still have a lot to be proud of, on the other hand there are enough reasons to dislike this country and parts of its mentality and culture.

The Eindhoven region is a pretty nice place to be indeed.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: LogJammer

I loved it I worked in a factory making sun awnings and lived in a converted factory with a load of english lads.
Pity that most of them were idiots and on the run so me and a couple of decent lads attempted to rent a five bedroom house and the guy told us we had no chance because hey will rent to the dutch first.
Then someone stole all my green and I thought feck it going home.
But If I won the lotto I would move there.
Funny story when I first moved there we used to go to a pub and one guy always attempted to buy us drinks, we thought he fancied one of us and refused and one day he came over with a tray of beer and said "you will accept my drinks because I want to thank you and your tommy granddads for what they did in the war.
I used to get people cross the street saying "are you english? can I practice my english on you?" I used to tell them no need it's better than mine lol.
Great people you lot.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
They don't want my blood because I lived in the UK and I may have the mad cow disease .... Go figure!

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LoopyLou

Wow really? did it effect you?.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Which is a damn shame because we are both O type.

Instead of * type?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

No it's the reason I was told , I never had the disease, just lived in the UK

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Great people you lot.

Arrgh, but I was just starting to dislike you.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: LoopyLou

In country told you that?.
I can understand it If you were here when we had to kill thousands of cattle.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Heck we all may disagree on things from time to time but I would have a pint with everyone on ATS.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

As long as it is not a pint of blood.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Oh I dunno when younger I had had nose bleeds a lot and I once bled about half a pint in a glass and I drank it for a bet.
Blimey the adrenalin sent me sky high lol.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Totally agree but your plan has drawbacks (not read through the rest of thread yet, so apologies in advance!). For example, the last few times i have tried to give blodd i was told thanks but no thanks. Therefore i have tried to give blood but been refused. This would make me ineligible even though i had offered.....it may be selfish but that makes my mind up!

Totally agrre with organs as well. No need to keep them when you are dead....even for those poor people that become avid hoarders

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

I once drank or rather licked the blood that was running down a girls leg........don't worry it was from a cut on her shin.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Not everyone has blood that is rare enough to be needed. Those with common blood types, the market has it covered. A lot blood donated anyways goes to things other than human recipients. Cosmetics ect...

“People think that the plasma they donate goes to the hospitals to save lives and it’s just not the case,” said Lance Bandley, Community Relations Representative of ARUP Blood Services. “If you donate at a plasma center, it cannot be used on a person. It has to go to some other use such as research, medical products or household products like shampoo.”

www.utahstories.com...

Actually there are tube worms that live near deep sea volcanic vents that have no blood type hemoglobin like humans that can be a blank slate for all blood types.

Cant find the link i read before with more detail, but here is one.

www.collegian.psu.edu...

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogJammer

I once drank or rather licked the blood that was running down a girls leg........don't worry it was from a cut on her shin.

Lol you nearly had me going

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Anyone who lived there , Northern Ireland or France between 1980 -1996 , New Zealand won't take it.
It's a pity because there is a huge British population here and we are always needing, especially the rare types.

I must add that I'm in the blood giving game and when they are needing this blood they aren't usually in the position to say yes or no, and our job is to pump it in as quick as possible , not ask questions.

Jehovah's witnesses refuse blood , there was a situation where it was take the blood and live or don't and die. The family said don't. It was a tragic situation and not a situation I would choose to be in ,So I can't agree that many in the medical field would refuse to give because they refused to donate.

As seen in the replies, most would if they could.

Those that refuse for selfish reasons only deserve to live another day in their miserable existences

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I could think of more than a few reasons not to give blood; most of them stemming from my rather mysanthropic vewpoints.

That being said, I also don't believe in hospitals or health insurance, & would not go out of my way to get blood if I needed it, assuming I got to the point where someone was able to determine that & give me a choice.

Am I able to turn down blood like I can turn down chemo?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogJammer

Bro...being from her shin doesn't make that any more palatable....pun fully intended

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
I also don't believe in hospitals or health insurance, & would not go out of my way to get blood if I needed it, assuming I got to the point where someone was able to determine that & give me a choice.
I've never needed a transfusion of blood but I've been stitched back together and had my life saved by NHS hospitals here in the UK enough times to be glad we have them. I rather enjoy being alive though so that's my excuse.

Am I able to turn down blood like I can turn down chemo?
I can only speak for the NHS but you can refuse any medical treatment you wish as an adult here. No doctor will force treatment if you understand the decisions you are making. The assumption here is most folk want to live, so if you're pulled out of a car wreck unconscious, and you need blood, there is nothing on your record saying "no blood" or on a medical wrist bracelet or whatever, they will make the transfusion and try to save your life, no matter how poor you are.
I support the system we have, and I like that our general taxation funds it instead of private health insurance.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Sounds like I need some way of communicating "do not resuscitate/provide medical aid" in case of unconsciousness. Hmm..where can I buy said bracelets? haha

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join