It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question to those who say being gay is a choice?

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:
cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: cj6

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: cj6

No one should protest someone's project based on their own personal beliefs

Too bad, so sad. I protested it by deciding not to give him my money. I see nothing wrong with that decision. His beliefs had consequences.

His beliefs are his own why can't you just leave it alone? Not everyone is gonna share your beliefs about gay marriage...does that mean you should protest everything they do?? No just let it be. Gay marriage is now legal in a lot of states correct? So OSC nor anyone else who opposes gay marriage is really stopping your cause. For F's sake you won! Be gracious about it.

Let me put it this way: "I don't smoke because I think it's stupid to buy my own death".

I don't line the pockets of someone who uses that money to legislate against marriage equality.

Yet you line the pockets of corrupt politicians, corrupt law enforcement and a corrupt "justice" system but that's ok right?

What????

Taxes...never mind lol I can enjoy someone's work regardless of their beliefs. Try it...it's very freeing.

Just ignore his little personal belief. He's harmless.

Gay marriage is legal in some states and he can't stop that nor can NOM so yes he is harmless.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

You sit there talking about allowing others to believe the way they do and then condemn those who oppose yours.

Hypocritical much.

It is not the people who don't believe in same sex marriage that I and a few others have issues..it is the people who doing anything they can do stop it..that we have an issue with.

Understand the difference.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Gay marriage is legal in some states and he can't stop that nor can NOM so yes he is harmless.

It is not harmless if they are actively trying to stop others from having equal rights.

Why are they defending the sanctity of marriage anyways...straights aren't doing a good job of it.

Always hearing about people marrying for money, married for a few hours...etc.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Every one has urges,
be it hate/love/envy/anger/violence,
it is choice of what we do with it that matters.

Those who love to claim gays flaunt their sexuality . . .

See this post :

originally posted by: Scallywwagg
All I know is that from the earliest age, perhaps 7 or 8 years old,
I had an "attraction" towards female teachers/staff.
I would, for want of a better word, "show-off" and try to impress them.

There is a problem when a 7 year old CHILD is attracted to any ADULT.
There is no debating this. It IS a problem in more ways than one
and NOT acceptable for obvious reasons. 'choice' is NIL !

Politely, I have to ask,
at this point in your life (7/8yrs old) was there some sort of trauma/crisis
happening with any of your parents, for you to turn your attention to another adult ?
And how much tv were you viewing per day ?
Appreciated if you can answer.

edit on 8/3/15 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ToneDeaf

If you actually believe some serious trauma occurred in this person's childhood don't you think you could convey your thoughts a little more compassionately?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

It is not harmless if they are actively trying to stop others from having equal rights.

Why are they defending the sanctity of marriage anyways...straights aren't doing a good job of it.

Always hearing about people marrying for money, married for a few hours...etc.

straights aren't doing a good job of it

We will see if the Gay community does any better. This from a site carrying two different studies.

“Gay married couples aren’t different or special when it comes to the challenges of marriage,” says Abby Rodman, a psychotherapist in Boston. But she says it may also be more emotionally difficult for some gay couples to divorce. “They could feel like they disappointed the gay community at large after such hard-won fights to have the basic human right to marry,” Rodman says.

link

With same-sex marriage legal in 35 states and the District of Columbia, more gay divorces will surely follow. But new research suggests same-sex divorce is happening at a lower rate than for opposite-sex couples, at least for now.

Official data from two U.S. states that have legalized same-sex marriage — Vermont and New Hampshire — shows the rate of divorce is 1.1% per year, and it’s 1.6% per year for civil unions in another six states, according to a report, “Patterns of Relationship Recognition for Same-Sex Couples: Divorce and Terminations” (pdf), released this month by the Williams Institute for Sexual Orientation Law and Public Policy at the University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law. Both of these rates are slightly lower than the annual rate of divorce among married different-sex couples, which hovers at 2% per year, the report concludes.

Keeping in mind, the night is young.
edit on 8-3-2015 by RobinB022 because: added new paragraph

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

I find it interesting that he thinks if any child is attracted to adults it's because of some trauma in family.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ToneDeaf

Seriously? I've heard little girls say that they want to marry their dads. I've witnessed little boys acting out in front of their teachers, and blushing.. it's normal for youngsters to act this way. They aren't thinking in sexual terms yet though, and the person you are replying to said that she felt nothing sexual at that time.

cj6

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

You sit there talking about allowing others to believe the way they do and then condemn those who oppose yours.

I'm starting to think either you're not actually reading my posts or you have anger issues. I never condemned anyone's belief lol I find it funny that you think I do when I've been saying we should all accept that everyone has their own beliefs....how is that condemning exactly??

cj6

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Why are they defending the sanctity of marriage anyways...

Because it is their GOD GIVEN RIGHT to do so that's why! It is their belief and I'm not condemning that nor am I condemning gay marriage. I think everyone on this planet has the right to believe/oppose/support/worship whatever the hell they want. You can be angry that they're trying to take marriage equality away but you can't deny it's their right to try to do so if it's what they believe in. They fight their fight and you fight yours. No one is gonna lay down for you.
edit on 8-3-2015 by cj6 because: Bad grammar

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Um the other does! They want to deny the people the right to have thier own beliefs on the issue.

Gay people are being denied nothing. Your side is being denied your internal thoughts from LGBT supporters.

Interesting...

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I find it interesting that he thinks if any child is attracted to adults it's because of some trauma in family.

It seems strange to me. I know I had a crush on my 2nd grade teacher. Granted I was too shy to 'show off'.
edit on 8-3-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Out of curiosity would you not care if anyone believes that slavery should be brought back (and maybe support laws)?

What about the group that is trying to get laws passed for slavery?

Before you say that it wouldn't happen - let's say that you were living back then when slavery was in progress of being eliminated or just ended.

cj6

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Out of curiosity would you not care if anyone believes that slavery should be brought back (and maybe support laws)?

What about the group that is trying to get laws passed for slavery?

Before you say that it wouldn't happen - let's say that you were living back then when slavery was in progress of being eliminated or just ended.

Of course I would care but I wouldn't hate them for trying to do so. They will fight to bring it back because it's what they believe in and I will fight to prevent it because it's what I believe in...simple as that. There will ALWAYS be opposing sides to every issue so it's useless to try to shut one side down, eventually someone will win and someone will lose just let it happen.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

You can be angry that they trying to take marriage equality away

In many states gay marriage has never been legal. So no taking away what doesn't exist.

As for being angry about those other instances. You said everyone has the right to believe/oppose/support what they want, right? So isn't that what we are all doing?

If your 'side' wins then nothing is denied LGBT, but if our 'side' wins then we denied you of your rights?

Just trying to understand.

cj6

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

You can be angry that they trying to take marriage equality away

In many states gay marriage has never been legal. So no taking away what doesn't exist.

As for being angry about those other instances. You said everyone has the right to believe/oppose/support what they want, right? So isn't that what we are all doing?

If your 'side' wins then nothing is denied LGBT, but if our 'side' wins then we denied you of your rights?

Just trying to understand.

Why can't there be a compromise? Let's say half of the states make gay marriage legal and the other half doesn't....everyone wins! There are already states where it's legal for gay marriage so what are you still fighting for? You want EVERYONE to bend to your will? By the way opposing gay marriage is not my "side" I don't oppose nor support gay marriage because it doesn't affect me personally. I'm sticking up for both sides to have the right to voice their beliefs...BOTH sides!

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
So "they" have to leave their state to get married.
Will their state recognize their marriage or do they have to relocate?

I'm sticking up for both sides to have the right to voice their beliefs...BOTH sides!
Your beliefs end where my rights start.

edit on 3/8/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

cj6

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
So "they" have to leave their state to get married.
Will their state recognize their marriage or do they have to relocate?

I'm sticking up for both sides to have the right to voice their beliefs...BOTH sides!
Your beliefs end where my rights start.

In a compromise everyone has to make some kind of sacrifice. If marriage is really that important to you then do what it takes to make it happen and stop complaining!

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

If marriage is really that important to you then do what it takes to make it happen and stop complaining!

It's not important to you? Then what's the problem?

But you seem to be under the mistaken impression that I'm gay. I'm not.

edit on 3/8/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

cj6

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

If marriage is really that important to you then do what it takes to make it happen and stop complaining!

It's not important to you? Then what's the problem?

But you seem to be under the mistaken impression that I'm gay. I'm not.

lol Relax I didn't mean YOU personally I meant anyone who wants to get married. The problem is gay marriage is now legal in some states yet people still complain that it's not in others. Like I said if it's important to you (not YOU) then stop being petty and go for it! As if a piece of paper is really gonna complete your life anyway lol

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join