It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question to those who say being gay is a choice?

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Anyway back on topic.

I found this interesting when they brought up the subconscious part.

Ok let's say that your subconscious makes the choice for you. You had nothing to do with it. Doesn't it mean that you had no choice on it?

cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
originally posted by: cj6

Bigotry is a state of mind where a person obstinately, irrationally, unfairly or intolerantly dislikes other people, ideas, etc.[1][2] Some examples include personal beliefs, race, religion, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other group characteristics.

You are making claims about the gay population by saying there is an agenda, by saying they are perverting children by being open about it, you are saying what they are doing is unnatural based on your ideals...etc

In my view that makes you a bigot.

I think you're confusing me with someone else. I never made any claims that there's an agenda of any kind nor did I say that being homosexual was perverse. I was sharing my own personal belief that homosexuality could POSSIBLY not definitely be a subconscious choice which is in line with your question that started this thread. A bigot disagrees with other peoples opinions and beliefs and I never said I disagreed with anyone just that I had my OWN belief on the subject and wanted to share it.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LeoStarchild

So how would you feel if a gay man and a lesbian woman procreated the "old fashioned" way...

Really, your all too common argument of "natural procreation" is delusive!!!

Because who you're attracted to is nothing to do with whether you choose to or can procreate!!!

I think your ideology is a perversion!

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I never really thought about it.

I don't think it plays in it though. To love someone...that makes it a conscious choice. Could be wrong though.

I really have no idea how that works. If subconscious plays a part then...would that mean...show someone enough pictures or words subconsciously and you can make them gay?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: cj6

I have no issues with people and their own issues with it. It is the people who try to stop others based on those issues.

If you never have...then I respect your disagreement. If you go out of your way in attempt to stop people from gaining rights..then I have an issue with that.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

I really have no idea how that works. If subconscious plays a part then...would that mean...show someone enough pictures or words subconsciously and you can make them gay?

I really doubt that. That IMHO would fall under hypnotism. Not really altering their being.

My point was that someone made the claim that subconscious choice to be straight or gay makes it a conscious choice.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Its not a choice, its a sickness. I've taken this position because I feel it is the correct one and that society took a wrong turn by treating it as anything different. Sorry if that might offend you all, but that's just how I feel.

If people with down syndrome were to all of a sudden rise up and start marching in the streets demanding that we stop all research into finding a cure, and simply accept down syndrome as a harmless deviation from the norm, then I would feel the same way.

That doesn't mean that I hate people with down syndrome, though I wouldn't be surprised if some of you insist that I do.

edit on 7-3-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

a reply to: Deaf Alien

I never really thought about it.

I don't think it plays in it though. To love someone...that makes it a conscious choice. Could be wrong though.

This is the point I was trying to make very early on. We do NOT control or influence our subconscious mind, IT controls and influences us. So who's to say that ones subconscious mind can't early on in their life make the choice to be attracted to a certain gender?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Its not a choice, its a sickness. I've taken this position because I feel it is the correct one and that society took a wrong turn by treating it as anything different. Sorry if that might offend you all, but that's just how I feel.

If people with down syndrome were to all of a sudden rise up and start marching in the streets demanding that we stop all research into finding a cure, and simply accept down syndrome as a harmless deviation from the norm, then I would feel the same way.

If it is a sickness...still doesn't effect me or you either way. If people are happy being a certain way..so be it..as long as no others are getting harmed or forced in the process.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

We do NOT control or influence our subconscious mind, IT controls and influences us.

You just admitted that being gay is not a choice.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

A person with Down syndrome is impaired in their abilities.

Homosexuals are not impaired.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

In order for subconscious to be a factor..would there not have to be some type of outside influence?

For instance two straight people raised their child under strict religious views..etc..yet still turn out gay...how, if no outside influences were involved?

Because that happens all the time in all religions/cultures. Some cultures/religions deem homosexuality as the work of the devil..etc and they have strict upbringings concerning gay people and will beat or murder gays..yet those cultures still have gay people and they come out despite the fear of backlash.
edit on 7-3-2015 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

We do NOT control or influence our subconscious mind, IT controls and influences us.

You just admitted that being gay is not a choice.

Not at all. If the decision lies within our subconscious then it is still OUR decision because it is YOUR subconscious that lies within you. I don't know why I just see it that way. You could argue that if our subconscious makes the choice for us then it's not our choice because we didn't make it in our conscious mind. Damn now I'm confused lol then it begs the question...who or what controls our subconscious??

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

What is there to cure about downs syndrome people? Its part of the human condition.
Downs people can lead a full and wonderful life and even If you could cure them the world would be a dimmer place without them.
Heck we have had a downs MP in the UK.
What group are you going to attempt to change next?.
After all god made them that way eh?.
edit on 7-3-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

In order for subconscious to be a factor..would there not have to be some type of outside influence?

For instance two straight people raised their child under strict religious views..etc..yet still turn out gay...how if no outside influences were involved?

That's where we get to the other side of the circular argument...

Å99

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

You feel it is the correct one?

Sorry - do you have credentials that back up your claim of what's a choice (conscious or unconscious), a sickness, or a genetic sequence? I must have missed those.

How did society take a wrong turn, exactly? Are LGBTQ people ruining your life? How on earth are they affecting your life at all???? Exactly?

Oh,erm....wait, I lost track ---- who was it you said had a 'sickness', again?

cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

For instance two straight people raised their child under strict religious views..etc..yet still turn out gay...how if no outside influences were involved?

I understand which is why I had to add who or what controls our subconscious? That's not something we can outright determine, it's like saying you need to find proof of God...some things we just aren't meant to know. But as I said before I'm only saying it's a POSSIBILITY. Because the question becomes who controls the subconscious it's almost impossible to form a logical thought about it. Damn!

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Thank you for countering Annee's point for me.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Downs people can lead a full and wonderful life and even If you could cure them the world would be a dimmer place without them.
Heck we have had a downs MP in the UK.

I recall reading a while ago that Down syndrome people are the happiest, and perhaps the most advanced souls on the planet.
I've known several - and they really are delightfully pleasant and kind.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I didn't...
Some folks need a little help sometimes and it is up to civilized society to do so.
I think people with disabilities enrich us all.
Ask any parent of any downs child If they would change them and you can bet they wouldn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join