It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question to those who say being gay is a choice?

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: cj6

The problem is gay marriage is now legal in some states yet people still complain that it's not in others.

Silly people. Want to be legally married in the place they live. Don't want to relocate to be married. Lazy SOBs
The nerve to expect to be treated like anyone else.
edit on 3/8/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

cj6

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The problem is gay marriage is now legal in some states yet people still complain that it's not in others.

Silly people. Want to be legally married in the place they live. Don't want to relocate to be married. Lazy SOBs
The nerve to expect to be treated like anyone else.

Black people weren't always treated equally and they had to deal with it for how long?? Yeah!

Anyways back to the topic of choice. You may or may not choose to be gay...but you DO choose to get gay married

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Black people weren't always treated equally and they had to deal with it for how long??

Are you serious? So you think it was ok?

but you DO choose to get gay married
I don't. I chose to get married. No qualifier.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

you DO choose to get gay married

Damn right! And they have right to do that!

[edit] After reading Phage's post he is right. It is just marriage. There's no qualifier.
edit on 3/8/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
It's not gay marriage, it's marriage.

Equal to marriage in every way including the name.

Enforcing the American concept that Separate but Equal is a lie.

If you don't want to marry someone of your own sex, don't.

No one is being forced to accept anything.

cj6

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Black people weren't always treated equally and they had to deal with it for how long??

Are you serious? So you think it was ok?

but you DO choose to get gay married
I don't. I chose to get married. No qualifier.

Did I say I thought it was ok? Go back and check...nope I didn't. I simply stated that it happened and for a very long time. They overcame their struggles and gay people will to. Sheesh! It's just marriage for F's sake!!! Like someone's life has no meaning unless they get married? Sometimes I pray to just make gay marriage legal everywhere just to stop all the whining. We have more important issues in the world than whether or not someone can get married but I guess ignorance is bliss...on both sides.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

You can be angry that they trying to take marriage equality away

If your 'side' wins then nothing is denied LGBT, but if our 'side' wins then we denied you of your rights?

Just trying to understand.

Me too.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Like someone's life has no meaning unless they get married?
Like the world will end if they do? Civilization will collapse?

Sometimes I pray to just make gay marriage legal everywhere just to stop all the whining.
I don't believe you for some reason.

edit on 3/8/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

cj6

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Like someone's life has no meaning unless they get married?
Like the world will end if they do? Civilization will collapse?

Sometimes I pray to just make gay marriage legal everywhere just to stop all the whining.
I don't believe you for some reason.

LOL you don't believe me even though I just stated it? Bloody hell MARRIAGE FOR ALL and homosexuality is NOT a choice....there!!! Go to bed lol God it's like listening to a damn chihuahua yap yap yap all day long

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Go to bed lol God it's like listening to a damn chihuahua yap yap yap all day long

Huh...I thought I was replying to your comments. That's barking at nothing? Ok.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Back to the topic.

Is homosexuality natural? YES. (Tho some will argue that in some instance it is caused by man-made environment and such)
Is being homosexual a choice? NO. Not ever.

cj6

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Go to bed lol God it's like listening to a damn chihuahua yap yap yap all day long

There's no more need for barking. You're alright with me Phage...plus your name reminds me of the Genophage

Let's all live in peace for F's sake.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
This issue seems to be one that we can soon all put behind us.

Perhaps the Christian Right can refocus on Jesus' commandments to feed the hungry, heal the sick, clothe the hungry, care for the children, etc.

Think of how many hot meals, and warm winter coats, and new toys and books could have been bought with all the money that has been wasted on a campaign to keep certain Americans as second-class citizens.

I look forward to a sudden outpouring of charity for the less fortunate, now that these folks can focus on what is right.
edit on 3Sun, 08 Mar 2015 03:10:48 -050015p032015366 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: cj6

Let's all live in peace for F's sake.

Great! Equality for All.

Oh wait, we have to deal with this stuff first.

While LGBT Americans are busy celebrating the spread of marriage equality, homophobic lawmakers have yet another trick up their sleeve. A new trend hitting legislatures across the country: sneaky laws that erode civil rights for LGBT citzens without ever actually mentioning LGBT people, or even same-sex marriage. www.advocate.com...

edit on 8-3-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Phages response should have been adequate.
How would 'half the states' help all the gay people living in those other states? It wouldn't obviously. Hence your 'sacrifice'. How would that be a sacrifice to the greater good? I think that sacrifice should come from those denying them marriage needlessly. If there is good reason to legalize it in half the states, then there is good reason to legalize it in all of them. The vast majority of the opposition is merely theologically defensible. A separation of Church and State is supposed to render that ineffectual. Gay marriage bans are being ruled as unconstitutional because our society is starting to see that it is in fact a violation of our constitution.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Mississippi did it right by setting up those protections before legalizing gay marriage. Its a fair compromise. Gays can now get married and Christians don't have to participate. I don't see what's so wrong with that.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66 they always seem to forget that loving thy neighbour part too, which I thought was central to the whole christian religion. I don't remember it being on the condition your neighbour wasn't gay

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Mississippi did it right by setting up those protections before legalizing gay marriage. Its a fair compromise. Gays can now get married and Christians don't have to participate. I don't see what's so wrong with that.

No.

You want to be religious? Do it in your church and your personal life.

Religion is not an excuse to deny equal rights to citizens that don't follow your belief.

The Mark of Ham was used to justify slavery. It was wrong then and it's wrong now.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Yeah well the state of Mississippi disagrees with you and we're getting along just fine down here.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Disagrees with what? That religion is not an excuse to deny equal rights to citizens?

edit on 8-3-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join