It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question to those who say being gay is a choice?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

No word games here.

nat·u·ral
existing in or caused by nature; not made or caused by humankind.

normal
Normal range: Characteristic of 95 percent of values from a normal population. The remaining normal results fall outside the normal range, as do any truly abnormal results. The normal range for a particular test result, condition, symptom, or behavior may differ, based on the patient's age, size, sex, ethnicity, or culture.

noun
the average or mean:
Production may fall below normal.

It has to do with statistics.
edit on 3/4/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

Very interesting. Thank you for the reply. I am just curious, do you have sisters? I am just trying to see if I can make any connections. I do and remember exposure to the expectation of attraction to females even at that age.

Your mentioning of possible means of expression intrigues me as well though. For those who did not have the answer right away perhaps it could be something that they grew into, due to outside influences. I mean hey, video games are fun, even more so with friends... masterbation is great... even...???

That's a very crude example I know; no offense to anyone, you get my point though. It's possible that this could be the case for some.

Of course it could all be innate too, who knows.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Infinitis

Yes I dig what you're saying. Yeah I guess that is the ultimate question, eh? I lean toward it being innate.
However we keep learning new things about those formative years, so one never knows.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: WizardVanWizard

I get what your saying and I say the later.

what part does testosterone play on your sexual attraction? - I dont know.
Maybe the enjoyment of an erection makes you look at women differently to men? - I dont know.

I don't think you come into this world 50/50

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
anywho - im off.
thanks for the mature debate (something that is lacking on this site)

please dont take my non reply as anything more than i am away from my pc.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

To me it seems in many cases, when you have to bring in the dictionary to define your perspective, word games are afoot on one side or the other. Interpretation breeds fact. You know what they mean right? Or do they have to spell it out with a dictionary too? They aren't trying to get into an argument over semantics.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

also not natural....tying women up and whipping them for pleasure. My wife read that book. I told her hell sex i will do it. will I be aroused....no. But I will do it....for Her LOl. I will even get the kids and we can take turns beating the crap out of mommy if it makes her happy. Im Hip!

Very strange culture we live in. Sexually overcharged i would say. I anxiously await the day when being a human pinjatta is some sort of sexual fad. Guess where you stick the candy! maybe even some ear canal penetration of some sort.

I am old school though (even though not that old). Plain old sex is good enough for me. Its not gross or demoralizing either.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I don't think you come into this world 50/50

Funny you should say that. You'd think there would be 50 percent straight and 50 percent gay people if things influence people one way or other way. It's all about probability and statistics.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Maybe then it's just in the 'wording'? Just to put some parameters on 'accept' I'd say I don't want to see them making love in front of me because it's not my orientation but they can have a talk with me, come over and have a lunch, join for a party, be the godmother of my son, be my job partner and so on...and the funny part of that is there are some I probably don't even know about.

Do we have the same 'accept' ?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Infinitis

Oh I think I see what you mean.

Doesn't matter if the words are defined exactly, they still will go around them based on their perspective.

They don't seem to understand that abnormal does not equal unnatural.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

Just because something isn't common doesn't make it unnatural. Not everything is for everyone of course but what may be natural for you may not be natural for me and so forth.

BTW did your wife seem interested in being tied up??? Because if so and treating it as a joke probably didn't go over well. Throwing in the kids I'm sure killed the mood too. I hope you didn't say that to her.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I am saying that the question was posed to ponder wording. They were posed to discuss a specific issue. It was implied and that is the focus.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Guys I can end the debate as to whether or not sexual orientation is a choice right here, right now...

I was one of 9 victims in a horribly violent home invasion when I was younger. To make a long story short at one point during the ordeal, one of the shotgun toting thugs said "I'm a do ya'll like day used to do us back in da slave days", then he proceeded to take off his belt and unzip his pants.

Considering 2 of my female friends were in the bathroom getting raped, I figured this guy was about to make us suck... well you get the picture. At this point I had already been beaten to the edge of consciousness because I kept trying to get up to protect the kids on the couch.

I'm almost ashamed to admit this, but after following their orders for almost an hour, I thought I was about to be faced with the decision to either suck one or get us all killed. In that moment I decided that I was about to die with half a sausage in my mouth. Needless to say I was actually relieved to get pissed on and whipped with a belt.
edit on 4-3-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Yikes!!! Sorry to hear that. But how does that settle any kind of debate exactly???

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

That is so awful.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Bone75. I'm sorry to hear that. I was also involved in a home invasion and lost my brother in the process. A very terrible tragedy and I am sorry you also went through it.

However that isn't at all the same as what a sexual orientation is. An orientation is about the underlying attraction. It's not the physical sex act itself. In that situation it would have been forced....not a result of attraction. Hope that difference is clear.
edit on 5-3-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

You wouldn't have chosen 'to be gay', though. You would have chosen to do a sexual act under extreme duress. It's not the same thing in the least.

Sorry that had to happen to ya though, either way.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Because even with my life and my friends lives on the line, I still couldn't have done it.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I think the point is, even in a life or death situation he couldn't get himself to be attracted to another man. He would have resisted and would have resisted and chose to die rather than doing that.

Bone75 , horrible situation. Luckily, you're alive and hopefully those two woman can find a way to overcome that painful memory.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Oh, so you don't think sexuality is a choice. I'm sorry I misread your post.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join