It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question to those who say being gay is a choice?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

now, if you really want a debate, while I am all for gay marriage, I am totally against gay adoption.

Well it's certainly not on topic but I am more than equipped to have such a debate.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

just because your born, doesn't mean your natural.
a hermaphrodite is a genetic mistake/fluke. it is not natural.

Everyone seems to have their own opinion on what 'natural' means.

Personally I don't believe unnatural is even a real thing. Nature is all-inclusive. Everything within the known Universe is natural. That's me though.

Others seem to say anything 'man-made' is unnatural. For you it's genetic anomalies.

No real point here. Just find it interesting.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
What about those boys who wanted to be a girl? Certainly they haven't had enough time for anything to influence them?

Ahh, see now that's a good point.

I believe that children - even young teenagers make reckless decisions for what ever reason. attention, popularity, fear.. what ever. I look at people in high school who openly say their gay and think... you're not old enough to actually understand the world around you, your making that statement based on emotions - and we all remember being kids - emotions are high.

Now, I'm sure most probably are gay and are just more sensitive to their feelings, but then there are those that later in life realise they're straight. Point I'm trying to get at is.. Kids making these decisions on their sexuality needs to be addressed by psychologists - because there are underlying factors contributing to it.

edit on pm1125318042015-03-04T23:25:03-06:00112015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Infinitis

How conscious is the choice, though, if the brain hasn't reached the stage where it has become sexually active? Do children, say, 3 years old have the ability to actively, consciously decide that they are going to like men or women, or both, or neither? When they don't even have the same concept of 'love' as an adolescent/adult.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

natural to me is a typical human. two arms, two legs, two eyes, nose, mouth, skin, nails, penis/vagina, hair (be it red, black, brown..)

your natural form that mother nature intended. Your natural genetics and evolutionary aspects. The fact that your born with male reproduction parts that fit into female reproduction parts with the sole basis of reproducing.

That's natural.

Hermaphrodites - un natural. Your a genetic fluke
Siamese twins - un natural.

etc etc.
I dont mean it in a negative or a derogatory way - please dont get me wrong.

link   
a reply to: Infinitis

i was the opposite. i hated girls and wanted to hang out with the guys all the time. i was not interested in sexual stuff but i wanted to ride bikes and play sports. I think my first girlfriend was 17 or 18 and it lasted two weeks because she kept whining about me never spending time with her. this was all in the 80s and 90s though when kids played sports and had some freedom. I even had a job! I don't remember all my buddies being so obsessed about sex all time. Girlfriends yes but we spent a lot of time with sports, fishing, blowing things up LOL.

I wonder sometimes if these young kids just don't get out enough. Don't have enough freedom. So they lash out and start doing sexual things at younger ages....get into drugs etc. etc. when I was in middle school. i thought girls had koodies.....now.....most of them do! I think when I was in tenth grade I started noticing...the older women LOL. Ya know....the 11th graders.

link   

I said from the beginning homosexuality isn't natural, you're not born gay the same way you're not born to be a bus driver. Through life experiences you become attracted to men/women.
It has nothing to do with genetics!

Said this, yes. Demonstrated solid evidence for it? No. More specifically that it's all nurture, and namely 'mental'.

It would be more palpable if you presented it as opinion and not some absolute.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

originally posted by: LoveSolMoonDeath

Why accept them, hummm, why accept them....gee that's a hard one.

2015 people.

and that means what? People have to accept something just because people say the year??
Its a free world to be gay, its a free world to not accept that. I don't really care, be gay, don't be gay just be happy.. but accept not everyone agrees with your lifestyle - and they don't have to. When you force people to acknowledge your version of sexuality you just create more barriers.

Some people are still butchered because of their religious beliefs, its wrong, I get that. but that's life its been happening since the start of religion and will happen long after we have left this planet.

I will not argue with you that homosexuality is different: true. Is it the design of nature for the reproduction: no. Is it a choice: certainly not and I think we have the same views. (correct me if I'm wrong.)

But to accept them or not, that is not an option for me. In my humble point of view, the sexual orientation is in the same league as the gender and the color of the skin. Still there are groups (not naming any in sake of keeping the thread going) who think otherwise and it's NOT ok to me. But accepting and promoting is two different things, I agree. But not ACCEPTING gay people is bigotry to me.

They are about 2%-10% gay people on earth (studies vary a lot), it makes an above 140 000 000 number. People just like you and me (yes I'm hetero) with the only difference of whom they love. That's about it. Why adding a sin to this?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

thus is the nature of debating.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
OK....Is anal sex natural? I Think Not!

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoveSolMoonDeath
But not ACCEPTING gay people is bigotry to me.

Couldn't agree more with everything you said except the quoted text. If someone went out and punched a man because he's gay, that's wrong! If a women is mocked in the street because she's gay, that's wrong and our society is better than that.

however, people have their opinions and their entitled to it. Just because some people are disgusted with homosexuality doesn't make them bigots or wrong. They are who they are, and as long as everyone lives and lets live, whats the problem? the problem is when homosexuality's acceptance is forced on people when there was never a need for it.
edit on pm1131318042015-03-04T23:31:00-06:00112015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

your natural form that mother nature intended. Your natural genetics and evolutionary aspects.

Isn't evolution Mother Nature's mechanism to make gradual changes when needed in accordance to the environment? *I have limited knowledge here*. Your wording seems to suggest Mother Nature had some definitive blueprint for how everything was supposed to be, and any change is a 'mistake'.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I thought I'd make a quick google searches about transgendered children just something to start you off on researching.
Linky1
Linky2

natural to me is a typical human. two arms, two legs, two eyes, nose, mouth, skin, nails, penis/vagina, hair (be it red, black, brown..)

Two arms is natural and normal.
Four arms is natural and abnormal.

There is no such thing as unnatural.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Onslaught2996

"Homosexuality is a choice" is an unsubstantiated lie created to justify the "homosexuality is immoral" claim that the bible makes. This allows the homophobic Christian to be justify taking rights away from homosexuals without fear of going astray of the Constitution. All scientific evidence disagrees with this assertion though.

I agree with this. There is a Kinsey scale, which is a line with "straight" on one end and "gay" on the other, and most people fall somewhere in the middle, although some are on one end or the other. If someone is choosing day-to-day who they want to be attracted to, that is bisexual.

If someone "gets some" in prison without consenting, that is rape, not being gay. If people get lonely in prison and choose to mess around, that is because there are no women nearby, they don't have a choice in that sense of who to go for.

The reason Bible-thumpers want being gay to be a choice (even though it isn't scientifically) is so that they can justify punishing gay people.

Christian extremists are crazy, but it's probably peer pressure. When I went to church, there were moderate Christians there.
edit on 04pmWed, 04 Mar 2015 23:38:07 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 04pmWed, 04 Mar 2015 23:38:39 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: agenda51

OK....Is anal sex natural? I Think Not!

lol

I need to add this to my list of how people define natural. Forgot to include that one.

link   

a mistake? no evolution through necessity sounds more like it.

Our basic fundamentals wont change.

Man + Penis = reproductive entity
Women + Vagina = reproductive entity
Man + women = reproduction

Our environment will not change that, no matter how many homosexual people there are, those fundamentals will not change.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
Two arms is natural and normal.
Four arms is natural and abnormal.
There is no such thing as unnatural.

If we want to play word games, OK then fine.
So homosexuality is abnormal...
We were naturally designed to mate with the opposite sex, there for homosexuality is abnormal.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I'm just wondering, as I've heard several people that hold a similar viewpoint to yours on the choice of sexuality;

Do you think that who we become attracted to is like a blank slate at birth, and then our surroundings lean us more towards males/females (and I guess by extension that human sexuality in our current brains is not purely defined by urge to procreate)?

Or is it more that environment can lure (for lack of a better term haha) someone from being attracted to the opposite sex to being attracted to the same sex?

Or am I way out to lunch on both? haha

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Try your hardest to be sexually attracted to kids, see how well it works. It doesn't work anymore than trying to be gay when you are straight does.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: WizardVanWizard

Good point. I think the question isn't so much as to when it becomes a choice. Maybe I am getting off the OP topic but I think it's about if it's a situation that can be influenced by outside sources or if it's innate. So if that is the argument, then it's not a question of a conscience choice or not.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join