It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Obama actually a legal US citizen if his Daddy was already married to someone else?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Obama by his own admission reports his father was a Kenyan student who came to study in the U.S. but never was a U.S. citizen. The senior Obama already was married in Kenya before he met and married Obama Jr.’s mother, Stanley Ann Dunham.

So since Obamas mother married a all ready married man the marriage was not legal in the eyes of any US court. SO why is this being overlooked?

Yeah yeah i already hear the ,But that racist post coming,or you just hate him cause hes black. Nope just making a observation that someone else posted. the link FOllows.

SOrry. the link didnt propagate right can someone fix it? (Fixed.)

Was Obama legally a US citizen if his dad was not married to his mom?

Breaking: Judge rules on Obama eligibility

edit on 1/3/15 by JustMike because: Link fixed as requested; title of linked article included as well.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Was his mom an American citizen?

If so then I'm going with yes.

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
There is no requirement that the parents of a child born in the US be legally married in order for that child to be a citizen.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Was his mom an American citizen?

Not necessary either.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa
I heard it was a law when I was younger in school you had to be an American citizen to be president. Later on I heard it wasn't actually a law yet. So I am not sure. I am still confused on this topic

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
He was born in the U.S.

Therefore, he's a U.S. citizen.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

I heard it was a law when I was younger in school you had to be an American citizen to be president. Later on I heard it wasn't actually a law yet.

It is the law and has been for quite some time.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
There is no requirement that the parents of a child born in the US be legally married in order for that child to be a citizen.

AHH ok thanks phage. I just wish he didnt have 2 certificates then this situation would not be a problem. I remember seeing he had one that was made in kenya too. So its hard to tell whats true and whats not.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
So was he actually born in the U.S? Just asking what you think even though his mom was a U.S citizen

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I've heard stories about people trying to induce labor and give birth at the US border crossing with Mexico.

www.thesocialcontract.com...

Old but I believe it still happens...

link   
Technically, I think the President is supposed to be the child of two naturalized US citizens. I am not sure how it works if he is the child of only one US citizen and the other parent is not married to her legally no matter the status of that unmarried parent.

The reason that it was supposed to be child of two natural born or naturalized US citizens is because they did not want a child of dual citizenship becoming president. It was a question of not wanting a possible person of divided loyalties in the White House. You can see where that might be problematic as the leader of a nation to owe possible allegiance to another nation.

I know I wouldn't necessarily want a child whose parents brought them illegally into the country who never fully assimilated and still holds his or her native flag dearer than the stars and stripes, for example.
edit on 28-2-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   
I was definitely too quick to answer there. He'd have birthright citizenship, obviously.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt
So was he actually born in the U.S? Just asking what you think even though his mom was a U.S citizen

You don't have to be born in the US, only on US soil. So it's valid if you are born on a US military base or embassy ground.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
O this is what i was actually confused about

Conventional wisdom holds that candidates for president must be born on U.S. soil to serve in the highest office in the land. That belief, however, appears to be a misinterpretation

uspolitics.about.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I remember seeing he had one that was made in kenya too.

Don't believe everything you see on the internet. Especially if it comes from Orly Taitz.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I remember seeing he had one that was made in kenya too.

Don't believe everything you see on the internet. Especially if it comes from Orly Taitz.

True. Oh i found the rules on citizenship at the following link.

citizenship rules

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
the third certificate is what i am familiar with for a while now
www.snopes.com...

worldnewsdailyreport.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
He could be native born (in the U.S.A.) but not naturally born (both parents being American citizens). Naturally born is a requirement for becoming the president of the United States. The thought was that a parent that was not a citizen would compromise the family's loyalty to the U.S.

ETA: Just like ketsuko stated in his post.

edit on 28-2-2015 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For clarity

edit on 28-2-2015 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comment

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The President's mother was an American Citizen so...case closed? That's all we need, right?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck
From what i understand your correct. That still doesn't explain the reasons for fake birth certificates that followed. What could be the reason?

edit on 28-2-2015 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join