It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS #39: The Dinosaur Hoax And Christians Against Dinosaurs

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It's a little wierd to me to make a thread about a mocumentary ( if it is one) to take the piss out of people who believed it.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

I am thinking the site CAD was set up as a joke of sorts however it attracted some true believers such as Kristen that was in the videos.

Dino Deniers are a real thing, unfortunately. I watched the interview that Aron Ra did with her wich is over an hour long. I posted it on page 3 and she is a true believer or non-believer. I not sure how you categorize a dino denier that believes what they are saying. Believer, non-believer????
edit on 4-3-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I used to get rather frustrated every time I heard nut jobs like this try and "debunk" things such as dinosaurs, evolution, or any other subject material their religion is in strong opposition of.

But I'm beginning to get steadily more and more happy that they do it. Why do I say that? Well, the longer and harder they try and throw around their bogus claims, more and more people begin to realize that they're completely full of bologna. The more they try and prove their own belief system, the more they just back themselves into a smaller and smaller corner. They're essentially destroying themselves, yet they're too blinded by their own perpetual ignorance to realize it.

I say let them fumble around inside of their own alternate la-la land reality. They crazier and more blatantly wrong they become, only ends up fueling their own extinction ironically. Keep up the terrible work.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
There have been a few. I am not going to search for every known instance, but quite a few came up with a bing search. Before they knew what they were misidentification would be problematic.

The oldest certain find of dinosaur bones, not speculating or inferring, was by Chang Qu, 4th Century BC, Sichuan.

I should have figured it would have been China, yeah man they have a leg up when it comes to history. I wonder why they didn't establish for posterity the science of archaeology? That took so much longer and it's almost embarrassing that it was a bunch of late 1800's bible thumping European theistic nutjobs that began the systematic and scientific study of the past that we today know as archaeology.

en.wikipedia.org...

That leads me to wonder too why China didn't establish a better observation of the universe we live in? I mean surely someone in China had to ask if the world was flat or round way before someone in the western hemisphere did? or if the sun was at the center of the solar system and not the earth... that took Copernicus, another one of those theistic nutjob dino-deniers.

Way back in 1676, Robert Plot, the curator of an English museum, described and drew a thigh bone that he believed belonged to a giant man. Although that fossil disappeared without a trace, the surviving illustration suggests that it may well have been part of a "Megalosaurus." Later, in 1822, large teeth discovered in England by Mary Ann Mantell and her husband, Gideon, were thought to be the remains of a huge and extinct iguana. It wasn't until 1841 that British scientist Richard Owen came to realize that such fossils were distinct from the teeth or bones of any living creature.www.scholastic.com...

sounds interesting indeed... this is something I will need hard evidence to lay my hands on.

edit on 4-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Honcho

Science and Theism are intimately entwined together, their goal is one and the same.

Science has it's roots in Theism and in this case we know which came first, theism wants facts so theism invented science.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Nothing more irritating than this long-haired douche reaching for low-hanging fruit. This is the type of ego-masturbation inherent in every faux-intellectual who just aches to feel smarter than everyone else.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: LiberLegit

those kinds of people are made to eat hemlock...

the truth is only the ignorant claim to be smarter than everyone else...

read; Socrates

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AinElohim

originally posted by: rebelv
a reply to: AinElohim

That would be cool.

Rebel 5

yes... that is how scientific theists think.

now we just need to research if there are any instances of uncovered dinosaur bones recorded before the science of Archaeology was invented.

Archaeology came into being because of Biblical History, when scientist first went searching for those places mentioned in the bible they didn't have a name for this type of science, the science of uncovering the past.

You want to know something else interesting? they found all those places in that fairy tale novel called the Bible.

I find that quite interesting, Sumer, Babylon and even Ur the oldest civilization, all explained and talked about in the bible and only uncovered in the 19th and 20th centuries.

You can put your hand on a piece of wall at Ur and touch it, physical hard scientific evidence... as real as dinosaur bones.

www.biblicalarchaeology.org...

www.bible.ca...

Wow, they found Ur hu? Last time I heard they had no idea where
that was, that's where Job lived (supposedly), and the oldest book in the OT,
so old, they haven't been able to date it. Job in the first verse states was born pure
and without sin (sounds like somebody else in the bible (NT)

Rebel 5

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: rebelv

originally posted by: AnonAzbo

So whether the video is made by legit Christians or a group
mocking them, the issue is the same. I have heard Christians
claim that Dinosaurs are a hoax for almost my entire life
and not only from Fundy churches, I was raised Lutheran
as a kid, and they told us dinosaurs were a hoax.

Which Lutheran church? I don't mean which specific one but was it a Missouri Synod Lutheran church? I think they are fundamentalist.

Two of them and they were both in the Los Angeles area,
and I never really thought of that; maybe they were fundamentalist.

Good point.

Rebel 5

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

The blogger has contacted Indiegogo, the crowd funding site where CAD has a campaign going on. The investigation into that complaint is still "open."

uncertaintist.wordpress.com...

It probably wouldn't hurt if there were a few more complaints

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Oh geez .. I haven't seen and read so much Bullc*** in a long time ...

I don't even understand their motivation here .. let's pretend they are right and the Dinosaurs really didn't exists .. honestly, who would care? Would that shatter our entire modern society? Probably not ... would that bring people closer to "God"? Probably not .. Will the "Deniers" profit from this in either way? Probably yes...

So this whole thing is just an attempt to make some money based on a very simple shotgun-recipe:

1) Take a proven and accepted topic and turn it 180 degree
2) Mix God or some other entity in it
3) Put your YouTube channel together and go public
4) Harvest the people who stick ...

People have too much time on their hands...

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: flyandi
Oh geez .. I haven't seen and read so much Bullc*** in a long time ...

I don't even understand their motivation here .. let's pretend they are right and the Dinosaurs really didn't exists .. honestly, who would care? Would that shatter our entire modern society? Probably not ... would that bring people closer to "God"? Probably not .. Will the "Deniers" profit from this in either way? Probably yes...

So this whole thing is just an attempt to make some money based on a very simple shotgun-recipe:

1) Take a proven and accepted topic and turn it 180 degree
2) Mix God or some other entity in it
3) Put your YouTube channel together and go public
4) Harvest the people who stick ...

People have too much time on their hands...

Who cares about #2 except the people who think dinosaurs never lived? Actually, I think the dinosaurs never lived thing is a test. If someone buys into it, they not only get instant admission into the cult, they get to be the equivalent of hall monitor.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I'm in the group Dinosaurs against Christians who are against Dinosaurs.

We sort the CAD fools out. Especially that silly silly woman.. she is painful to listen to.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: eight bits

It probably wouldn't hurt if there were a few more complaints

I may have misspoken. Maybe it will hurt. Indiegogo said it is now reviewing the Christians against Dinosaurs campaign, but if the site takes any action, it will not share that it did. And in the meantime, it sounds like further contacts will "prolong" the process.

Hmm, Don't call us, and we won't call you.

See the freshly updated story at

uncertaintist.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
cases were cow skeleton ic.pics.livejournal.com... as skeleton of dinosaur , foxes as chupacabra

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: eight bits

They're all part of a Facebook group called "Trolling with Logic". All those "smart" people posing as "dumb Christians" were too stupid to cover their tracks.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

They're all part of a Facebook group called "Trolling with Logic".

Can you back that up with anything other than your opinion?

BTW here is the link to Trolling with logic on facebook

And here is the statement about the video dinosaur Hoax

Sometimes I wish we lived in the world based on the film "Invention of Lying" (minus that part where lying is ever invented), or it should be a mandatory international law that all satire work should have a disclaimer of being satire, because I am dead dead dead dead tired of trying to figure out if people like this are pulling our legs or are really first-class idiots.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This sounds like my family.

Back when I was in kindergarten, I was a huge dinosaur fan and one of the happiest moments that I can still recall with detail ever feeling was the day I learned my class was going on a field trip to a museum to see dinosaurs.

However, my mom would not sign the permission slip because as my grandmother pointed out, dinosaurs are not real and they never existed because they are not in the Bible.

As the trip drew closer I ended up being the only kid in class who did not turn in a permission slip. I begged my mom to let me go but she refused.

The day before the trip I was crying having tried one last time to have my mom sign the slip when my grandmother tried to explain and reason to me about the existence of dinosaurs using scripture from the Bible to provide her authority but that only infuriated me and I angrily said 'if dinosaurs aren't real and never existed than why are their dinosaur bones'?

I got a huge slap across the face for "talking back to grandma" but as hard as I remember it being, I wasn't phased by it and immediately told both my mom and grandmother they were liars and that they were going to burn in hell for lying (which was something they drilled into my head would happen if I went around lying.

I remember crying so much after that I couldn't even get to school the next day not being able to stop. I still find it hard to believe that they had intended to take me to school as usually despite the fact I would have been the only kindergartner at the school and placed alone in an classroom and older group of kids I new nothing about, on the side of the school I had never been to.

I kept crying for two or three days straight, refusing to even eat or watch Superfriends haha.

I did get a chance to see dinosaurs, err... fossils, after I stopped crying, left for college and finally settled in a city that had a museum with its own collection actually on permanent display.

Ugh... but boy do I remember how 'wronged' I felt and the only time I had any animosity and ill-will towards my grandmother. As horrible as this sounds, I actually tried to hurt her after, specifically targeting her ankle on the leg that had not suffered a permanent handicap from an earlier accident. I wanted her to die so she'd rot and her bones find theyre way to forever lay alongside dinosaur bones lmfao! but I was content with only succeeding at l deny her the ability to ever walk again.

I tried twice to achieve this, with one attempt involving the strategic use & placement of my "nessie" loch ness monster toy and some arranging that would force her near some steps.

In the end, as luck would have it, I also happened to settled in the only city in the world with an active urban paleontoloactive excavation site where I actually had the opportunity to be among the very last public group to be given a summer long training to meet certain requirements that granted us access and use of the fossil lab at the Page Museum and step into Pit 91 alongside paleontologist and aide in the excavation efforts at the La Brea Tar Pits and for new deposits discovered during subway tunnel excavations underneath LACMA for Project 23.

I consider taking part in that program and my employer giving me a paid leave of absence to participate as God's way of saying here you go kid and tossing me a bone, both figuratively and literally, (for not crippling or killing off my grandmother) haha

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I question the authenticy of the age of dinosaurs and how every so many years new dinosaurs are written in books supposedly found by archeologist.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

hhhhm you have got me there......

Maybe because they are actually digging more up all the time and discovering new ones....
Oh and the age? we can tell the age by looking at where we find them, what layer of rock they are in etc.
It isn't hard you know.
I knew these things at about the age of 7, school helps.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join