It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS #39: The Dinosaur Hoax And Christians Against Dinosaurs

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Maybe they should rewrite the Bible, saying God killed the Dinosaurs, it would be a true testament of Gods might over us fleshy beings.

"What killed the Dinosaurs God?"

"ME!!!!".
edit on 3-3-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
Maybe they should rewrite the Bible, saying God killed the Dinosaurs, it would be a true testament of Gods might over us fleshy beings.

"What killed the Dinosaurs God?"

"ME!!!!".

you know that is logical and rational if I ever heard it... makes perfect sense.

God killed the Dinosaurs.. blame Christians, IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

my government is a Religious Institution and it's a conspiracy I tell ya!

MKUltra kinda stuff ya know? they're trying to control my mind with Jesus HELP!

edit on 3-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Pretty much those Bones that they find in unknown areas are just bull# Hollywood? I think the Bible have plenty missing Books and re-written by Men thought they were anointed. And they think the Earth is mainly 6,000 years old. Mainstream Religions are Fluffy Bunnies. I don't think the Creator is only a Male form with a Male voice. It's a Divine energy that is infinity and creates or destroys whatever it wants, it have no judgement s.Unless you go out of the way making other people lives misreable, it have its ways of replying.

edit on 3-3-2015 by declineduser because: Missing few sentences

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: declineduser

Welcome to ATS and congratulations on your first post.

Are you perhaps a dinosaur denier yourself?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonAzbo
This episode has got to be one of the most retarded things I have ever seen.

1. It's been clearly pointed out that the website isn't legit and the whole thing is in fact a hoax.
2. You can see the mockers out in full swing rallying their war cries. This was obviously the desired effect, maybe even of the NLBS show itself.
3. Satanists HAVE been posing as Christians online to discredit Christianity.

4. Just stfu.

5. I could go on and on about how this is completely retarded but I haven't got enough time in the day. The Bible clearly references dinosaur FYI.

Look. Just stop. If you can't wait for a decent video subject then why even bother? You need to retract this video and state why, admitting your faults or you need to make another NLSB show pointing out the next level bull# in this #.

This is just getting ridiculous now.

I give credit to the OP. I don't know that the video is a
deliberate satire, but even if it is, its irrelevant, these
ideas are believed by fundamentalist Christians, I know
that for a fact!

So whether the video is made by legit Christians or a group
mocking them, the issue is the same. I have heard Christians
claim that Dinosaurs are a hoax for almost my entire life
and not only from Fundy churches, I was raised Lutheran
as a kid, and they told us dinosaurs were a hoax.

You do make a good point though, that the bible does
reference dinosaurs, I think you're referencing the book
of Job and you're referring to Leviathan; a dragon or
giant sea serpent of some kind that is chained to the bottom of
the sea.

That story can be interpreted in different ways.

I don't think paleontologists have found any evidence
of giant dragons or giant sea serpents, but then again
you've got Nesse, however, if that is a real sea serpent
of some kind, it apparently isn't chained to the bottom.

There is something else interesting about the Leviathan
reference in the book of Job, especially to the Lock Ness
Monster; and that is that Lock Ness, I heard means
Bottomless Pit, or Bottomless Lake or something like that,
and weirdly Leviathan literally means bottomless pit.

So if Leviathan is in The Lock Ness, it has no bottom
(none that scientists have found yet, last I heard) and
so there we have a paradox, how can a dragon be chained
to the bottom of a pit that has no bottom?

Just commenting and then adding my own thoughts.

And once again, the reason a lot of Christians refuse to believe
in dinosaurs is because they believe the earth is only about
6,000 years old.

I've even listened to a congressman state that the earth is
only 6,000 years so to reiterate, whether the video is a spoof
of Christians or not, is irrelevant, its a legit topic IMO, because
it does accurately represent the beliefs of many, who by the way
also believe in talking snakes; these are fundies or fundamentalist
Christians who take everything in the bible literally.

Rebel 5

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trexter Ziam
I can't get the video to work - it's a perpetual non-loading/loading animation - did somebody plug in the net neutrality switch already?

I know there ARE ahem 'humans' who believe Dinosaurs rode on Noah's Ark and that the entire universe is only 6,000 years old ... while at the same time they believe in flying saucers and little green men. The actually LEARNED this psuedo-history/science at a University!

So, in 6,000 years ... little green men built an armada of flying saucers, enough for every human on Earth to have a 70% chance of seeing one at least once.

Stay tuned - maybe next year the University will teach them that the dinosaurs rode the flying saucers to Earth too.

Edit: - I got the video to work finally. Will come back to this post if I have anything further to add.

2nd Edit: - *YAWN* I just wasted 20 minutes.

Actually the fundamentalist Christians are now being told
by their pastors that UFO's and aliens are demons, and is
apparently the most argued answer to the UFO phenomenon
among Christian churches in America.

Rebel 5

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: rebelv

you'd think with all the buildings and quarrying and even mining in the ancient world that people would have come across dinosaur bones along time before it became science?

they just tossed them... unimportant

but it would still be interesting to see at least one T-Rex head in some temple somewhere...

"Cult of Rex" the early Darwinian's

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AinElohim

That would be cool.

Rebel 5

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: rebelv

That would be cool.

Rebel 5

yes... that is how scientific theists think.

now we just need to research if there are any instances of uncovered dinosaur bones recorded before the science of Archaeology was invented.

Archaeology came into being because of Biblical History, when scientist first went searching for those places mentioned in the bible they didn't have a name for this type of science, the science of uncovering the past.

You want to know something else interesting? they found all those places in that fairy tale novel called the Bible.

I find that quite interesting, Sumer, Babylon and even Ur the oldest civilization, all explained and talked about in the bible and only uncovered in the 19th and 20th centuries.

You can put your hand on a piece of wall at Ur and touch it, physical hard scientific evidence... as real as dinosaur bones.

www.biblicalarchaeology.org...

www.bible.ca...

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

I'm noticing some folks saying that this is made up or that these people denying the science and the existence of dinosaurs are just trying to make Christians look bad. In my experience, this is not true.

When I was 7 years old, I was obsessed with dinosaurs. One day, after the Sunday morning sermon, we were filing out of the church, shaking the preacher's (missionary Baptist, btw) hand one by one. When I got to the preacher I said, "Why don't they ever mention dinosaurs in the bible?" He said, "Because honey, dinosaurs aren't real and they never existed. Scientists just made them up and they lie to us."

That was the day I lost my religion. And thank God I did (pun intended).

I didn't lose my spirituality or my personal relationship with God, but even at the tender age of 7 years old, I figured out right then and there that religion is a sham.

And for all of these last 30 years, I thought I was the only one who had ran into the dino-denial nonsense...lol.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: rebelv

I have always thought that there is a possibility that the mention of the leviathan and the behemoth in the bible may actually be references to the last remnants of the dinosaurs.

I have a children's book at home that talks about this, in fact. I bought it for my son, who is also obsessed with dinosaurs.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DustbowlDebutante

she's a shill... the girl in the video is likely the guys girlfriend.

content must be created at all cost!

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

yes... that is how scientific theists think.

now we just need to research if there are any instances of uncovered dinosaur bones recorded before the science of Archaeology was invented.

There have been a few. I am not going to search for every known instance, but quite a few came up with a bing search. Before they knew what they were misidentification would be problematic.

The oldest certain find of dinosaur bones, not speculating or inferring, was by Chang Qu, 4th Century BC, Sichuan.

www.smithsonianmag.com...

Also...

Way back in 1676, Robert Plot, the curator of an English museum, described and drew a thigh bone that he believed belonged to a giant man. Although that fossil disappeared without a trace, the surviving illustration suggests that it may well have been part of a "Megalosaurus." Later, in 1822, large teeth discovered in England by Mary Ann Mantell and her husband, Gideon, were thought to be the remains of a huge and extinct iguana. It wasn't until 1841 that British scientist Richard Owen came to realize that such fossils were distinct from the teeth or bones of any living creature.www.scholastic.com...

Type first discovered dinosaur into search engine you should find more.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rebelv

originally posted by: AnonAzbo

So whether the video is made by legit Christians or a group
mocking them, the issue is the same. I have heard Christians
claim that Dinosaurs are a hoax for almost my entire life
and not only from Fundy churches, I was raised Lutheran
as a kid, and they told us dinosaurs were a hoax.

Which Lutheran church? I don't mean which specific one but was it a Missouri Synod Lutheran church? I think they are fundamentalist.
edit on 3-3-2015 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Whatever their true goals may be, they started an IndieGoGo campaign in the Religion category.

I don't know where you're from, but where I'm from if you present yourself as something you're not for the purpose of luring unsuspecting, well intentioned people into giving you their money... we call that a scam.

In fact, I'm so disgusted over the way you've handled this that I'd like you to just go ahead and ban me. I'm done contributing to this site.

edit on 3-3-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
I knew a girl, really attractive and kind, used to have a crush on her and we were good friends.

Then I found out she seriously did not believe in dinosaurs...

Became a lot harder to take her seriously afterwards.

"From that day forward I couldn't look at her boobs the same way again"

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: TzarChasm

Well to be fair, it was a Christian woman and her video prattle, that actually provided the inspiration for Joe to make this video, and his video was a rebuttal of her ignorant twaddle. It stands to reason, that as he was not responding to the waffle of a multi faith, pro-creationist body of some sort, he would title the thread according to the people involved in the inspiration for it.

I have no problem with it. I would call foul, if there had been one. There hasn't. Also, you would not be asking the question, if you had watched the video, and comprehended its contents correctly.

So is the video he's rebutting actually real? there seems to be some question over this, have we had a definitive answer?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

That's a fair point.

However, this video has attracted a great deal of support from morons, given an outlet for their backward, dark ages attitude to science. This is not a good thing, and should be discouraged.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
The title could be The Evolution hoax and Christians against evolution and the video would still be apt.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Great show I really laught my @$$ off.. But something else what's the deal with the carbon dating on dinosaur fossils , that have been dating for approx thirty three thousands years back . I saw this on science ? I hope I didn't wake up the Christians against carbon dating .....

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join